Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sending good vibes your way hic.just ordered juicy strawberry from FAUK.should be able to mix updated quikberry by monday.woohoo.
think I'll mix another huge favourite of mine,brutti ma buoni,to get me through.if anyone hasn't tried this you just gotta!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Bull City now has FA's latest new flavors. I'll update my "notes on" file soon, but here are my preliminary descriptions.

FA Breakfast Cereal
5% is a reasonable standalone percent. It’s a pleasant flavor by itself, but I think it will prove most useful in recipes - not just in packaged cereal recipes, but in a wide variety of bakery ideas. This is a lightly-sweet, dry (no milk), authentic grain flavor with hard-to-identify fruity accents. The grain aspect reminds me of a whole wheat cereal like Wheaties…or the whole-grain flavor in British digestive biscuits. There are no spices here. Breakfast Cereal is lightly fruity (mild citrus?), but that's pretty easily covered by other flavors in a recipe without losing the grain flavor. Breakfast Cereal doesn’t seem to be trying to mimic a specific packaged cereal, but it sure is a versatile wheat/grain flavor for mixing.

FA Red Bean
Caution: very concentrated, with a distinctive aroma in the bottle and in the vapor trail. 1% is a reasonable standalone percentage, though in my opinion it’s more likely to taste appealing as a minor accent in recipes. I’d guess this is intended to taste like sweet red bean paste you’d find as filling in Asian sweets; this is a fairly sweet, earthy, aromatic flavor with cedar-like (and sandalwood?) notes. Allow a good steep before evaluating it. Like tobacco flavors, this flavor takes time to mature; the aromatic and wood-like aspect both mellow as it ages. In fact, this is might be most useful as an addition to aromatic tobacco blends.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull City now has FA's latest new flavors. I'll update my "notes on" file soon, but here are my preliminary descriptions.

FA Breakfast Cereal
5% is a reasonable standalone percent. It’s a pleasant flavor by itself, but I think it will prove most useful in recipes - not just in packaged cereal recipes, but in a wide variety of bakery ideas. This is a lightly-sweet, dry (no milk), authentic grain flavor with hard-to-identify fruity accents. The grain aspect reminds me of a whole wheat cereal like Wheaties…or the whole-grain flavor in British digestive biscuits. There are no spices here. Breakfast Cereal is lightly fruity (mild citrus?), but that's pretty easily covered by other flavors in a recipe without losing the grain flavor. Breakfast Cereal doesn’t seem to be trying to mimic a specific packaged cereal, but it sure is a versatile wheat/grain flavor for mixing.

FA Red Bean
Caution: very concentrated, with a distinctive aroma in the bottle and in the vapor trail. 1% is a reasonable standalone percentage, though in my opinion it’s more likely to taste appealing as a minor accent in recipes. I’d guess this is intended to taste like sweet red bean paste you’d find as filling in Asian sweets; this is a fairly sweet, earthy, aromatic flavor with cedar-like (and sandalwood?) notes. Allow a good steep before evaluating it. Like tobacco flavors, this flavor takes time to mature; the aromatic and wood-like aspect both mellow as it ages. In fact, this is might be most useful as an addition to aromatic tobacco blends.

HIC, have you tried Cap Cereal 27? If so, is the above similar in taste?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, have you tried Cap Cereal 27? If so, is the above similar in taste?

Actually, the first flavoring I reached for to compare with FA Breakfast Cereal was Flavorah Wheat. (In fact, I had to slightly modify my description of Flavorah Wheat after tasting this FA flavor.) I'd say those two include a wheat note that Cereal 27 lacks - FA being more "toasted" and flavorah more "yeasty". I think Cereal 27 has less in common with those two than they do with each other, but give me a day or two to do a comparison of all three.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, the first flavoring I reached for to compare with FA Breakfast Cereal was Flavorah Wheat. (In fact, I had to slightly modify my description of Flavorah Wheat after tasting this FA flavor.) I'd say those two include a wheat note that Cereal 27 lacks - FA being more "toasted" and flavorah more "yeasty". I think Cereal 27 has less in common with those two than they do with each other, but give me a day or two to do a comparison of all three.

That's great of you. 27 is the first cereal flavor I've tried and I like it very, very much.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Okay, so Flavorah Wheat ..vs.. Capella Cereal 27 ..vs.. FA Breakfast Cereal (in that order)

Equivalent flavor strength required 3% FLV, 6% CAP, 5% FA.

Also refer back to my description of FA Breakfast Cereal a few posts back (#3403); I'll focus on how the three differ.

That fruity note I describe in FA is sharper and a little bit more prominent in CAP (I detect citrus in CAP). FLV includes no fruitiness at all.

They're all roughly the same level of sweetness. FLV might be slightly sweeter, but it's hardly worth noting.

FLV is like a mix of white-and-whole-wheat flours, smoothest of the 3, and the only one with a hint of yeast. Think Wheat Thins (unsalted of course).

If you taste these 3 flavors side-by-side, you'll notice Capella includes some milky vanilla and the least overall grain flavor of the 3. Of them, this brand tastes the most like the stuff left at the bottom of a box of processed-grain breakfast cereal...or the bowl.

FA has the most "toasted" flavor, with the kind of nuttiness toasted red wheat kernels have. Think Uncle Sam cereal, Wheaties, hippie wheatberry crackers.

(the rest is my opinion)
As a standalone flavor, FA has the most character.
FLV is smoothest.
Capella tastes least like an actual food product.

For mixing, FLV would probably work in the widest variety/types of recipes
FA is most prominent as a minor ingredient for a grain accent flavor
Capella is probably easiest of the 3 to try to use as a non-wheat grain flavor.

If I were mixing the flavor of a hearty bowl of whole-wheat cereal I'd start with FA.
If I were adding whole-grain flavor to a bakery recipe, either FLV or FA.
Any can be used to add a grain note, just be aware what else each is adding.
All 3 would be useful for mimicking boxed cereals.
If you strongly dislike any one of the three, you probably won't like the others.

Short descriptions of the grain element only:
FA: red wheat berries; Eul Gibbons' style
FLV: whole-grain flour; Roman Meal style
CAP: processed grain; General Mills style

Do you all think I'm nuts yet? Lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
It IS still summer, right?

New today at HIC's Mixes : Phoenix Sweet-and-Sour

p Phoenix.jpg
"This flavor-changing recipe produces flavor illusions similar to cactus juice or dragonfruit as time transforms it from a non-alcoholic kiwi margarita to the flavor of bartenders' sweet-and-sour mix. A variation called Phoenix Lemonade is included. These recipes require Capella Jelly Candy and FlavourArt flavorings including Kiwi. Capella has not yet published ingredient test results on Jelly Candy as of October, 2017."

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I confess, some of these are very hard to work with. I keep reading "Oh, just two drops will flavor a 15ml bottle" and how we only need a "fraction" of this and that. With some of them, I'm sorry, it just isn't true, and for that reason I won't be using a few of them ever again. And I have a couple that are virtually useless - like their custard. It has no taste, no substance, hardly any aroma, and I've yet to figure out exactly what it brings to the table. I love their blood orange at 4-5%, so good! But I mentioned that somewhere else and got a cyber-slap on the back of my hand and "No, you should never use it at over 1-2%!" Bull crap, lady, I tried that and got nothin', why you think I tried more?? I know taste is subjective, I've lived by that mantra since I started mixing, but with these I try to ignore all the "standards" and just go with what I know. And taste.

Funny I dont mind flavorah vanilla custard though its really eggy when mixed with certain other concentrates, it isnt bad as a background custard that isnt obtrusive as long as it doesnt clash with the eggy notes....saying that I hardly ever use it as I prefer virtually all the other custards I have. I would agree with you generally on not being a fan of flavorah though. They seem to have got very popular recently with people on alltheflavors. I must have tried probably double figures of different concentrates and very few standouts for me amongst them, the mango is very good though I think and a couple of others I like but dont love.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny I dont mind flavorah vanilla custard
Their vanilla custard I like, though I would hardly describe it as custard. It tastes more of just a heavier vanilla to me. Their plain custard flavor is the one I'm confused about. To me, it isn't a flavor at all, it just doesn't have a taste. And I couldn't tell any difference in texture or density in any mix I tried it in.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Their vanilla custard I like, though I would hardly describe it as custard. It tastes more of just a heavier vanilla to me. Their plain custard flavor is the one I'm confused about. To me, it isn't a flavor at all, it just doesn't have a taste. And I couldn't tell any difference in texture or density in any mix I tried it in.

Ahh I did think you may have meant the other custard as soon as i pressed "post reply" :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, on the Chef's Flavour site, UK, they have Custard Cream and Vanilla Custard. In your notes, which are you referring to? Do you know the difference between them.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, on the Chef's Flavour site, UK, they have Custard Cream and Vanilla Custard. In your notes, which are you referring to? Do you know the difference between them.

Chef's Flavours sells FA flavors, but also the "blended flavours" from FlavourArt's UK site. "Blended flavours" are mixed flavoring; one is called "Vanilla Custard". (http://www.flavourart.co.uk/blended-flavourings-10ml.html). That one is definitely *not* plain FA Custard flavoring. Chef's Flavours doesn't list the name "FA Custard" on their site, but their description of "Custard Cream" (https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/flavourart-concentrates/2110-custard.html) "Delicate, vanilla and lemon blends perfectly" -- THAT's FA Custard. Dunno why they had to confuse the issue; using a cookie for the picture isn't helpful or accurate either. You could ask Chef's Flavours to verify that "Custard Cream" = "Custard", but I'm confident that's the case.

P.S. These flavors have been listed on those sites just like that for a very long time (not new flavors).

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chef's Flavours sells FA flavors, but also the "blended flavours" from FlavourArt's UK site. "Blended flavours" are mixed flavoring; one is called "Vanilla Custard". (http://www.flavourart.co.uk/blended-flavourings-10ml.html). That one is definitely *not* plain FA Custard flavoring. Chef's Flavours doesn't list the name "FA Custard" on their site, but their description of "Custard Cream" (https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/flavourart-concentrates/2110-custard.html) "Delicate, vanilla and lemon blends perfectly" -- THAT's FA Custard. Dunno why they had to confuse the issue; using a cookie for the picture isn't helpful or accurate either. You could ask Chef's Flavours to verify that "Custard Cream" = "Custard", but I'm confident that's the case.

P.S. These flavors have been listed on those sites just like that for a very long time (not new flavors).

I just took at look at the above then over to FA Italy. Yes, the picture on the CF site is wrong, as I have received the Crema Pasticerra from CF. I'll send them an email about the Vanilla Custard.

I took a look at the Premium Custard on the FA site. It has diketones in it. Here's a link.

https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/emotions/custard-premium-flavor/

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, that's why I made a note that those others are not new.

This one is something else entirely. I'm curious to see how/if FA markets this to the vaping community.

Would you try the premium, at least out of curiosity?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Would you try the premium, at least out of curiosity?

Personally, yeah. Here is my personal opinion: FA labels flavors as an inhalation hazard which contain far lower diketones (diacetyl, to be specific) than most other brands sell with no disclosure at all. If FA is going to market this one as a "premium" flavor, they should similarly market the other "premium" flavors they already have. I'd rather they not call them "premium," and I'm not happy to see them pair a "not for inhalation" warning right next to "recommended usage 2-3%". I'd like FA to commit, one way or the other: either sell flavors with diacetyl for food use only with clear warnings (and I'll avoid using them in store recipes out of respect for FA)...or make a new & clearly-labeled "with diacetyl" line for vapers who aren't as ingredient-conscious (and I'll let-er-rip with clear warnings on the recipes). To be honest, I wish they'd just list total DAAP ppm/ppb on the flavoring ads & bottles. If every brand did so, I suspect even the ingredient-conscious would choose to use several of FA's "premium" flavors.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, yeah. Here is my personal opinion: FA labels flavors as an inhalation hazard which contain far lower diketones (diacetyl, to be specific) than most other brands sell with no disclosure at all. If FA is going to market this one as a "premium" flavor, they should similarly market the other "premium" flavors they already have. I'd rather they not call them "premium," and I'm not happy to see them pair a "not for inhalation" warning right next to "recommended usage 2-3%". I'd like FA to commit, one way or the other: either sell flavors with diacetyl for food use only with clear warnings (and I'll avoid using them in store recipes out of respect for FA)...or make a new & clearly-labeled "with diacetyl" line for vapers who aren't as ingredient-conscious (and I'll let-er-rip with clear warnings on the recipes). To be honest, I wish they'd just list total DAAP ppm/ppb on the flavoring ads & bottles. If every brand did so, I suspect even the ingredient-conscious would choose to use several of FA's "premium" flavors.

Well said. Have you communicated your thoughts with FA? If so, have they replied?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as this particular flavor goes at least, it seems to me they are trying to be clear as to their intent given the statement below:

"This flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping. For further details see diacetyl page in Vape Heaven section"

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well said. Have you communicated your thoughts with FA? If so, have they replied?

Nah, I'm not even a FlavourArt vendor. I'm sure they'd point me to ClearStream Onward. If only we had directly comparable data across brands, you know?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, I'm not even a FlavourArt vendor. I'm sure they'd point me to ClearStream Onward. If only we had directly comparable data across brands, you know?

Yes, I understand. However, you're a prominent spokesperson for FA whether they know it or not.

I agree about the data. The problem as I see it is that it could be done if the gov't forced the manufacturers to do so. However, that entails just more intrusion into our lives. It's a hell of a balancing act for all...just how much do we need others to watch out for us? Obviously in the West, it's quite a bit but it has become onerous.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sent an email to CF UK asking about their two FA Custards. I specifically asked how the Vanilla Custard differed from the Custard Cream. Here is their reply,

Hi,

It is a flavourart UK flavour and Vanilla Custard is a smooth, mellow, creamy vape that can be used on its own or with other flavours.

Kind Regards,

So, perhaps I can assume it doesn't have the lemon notes of the other. I'll order it next time and give it a try.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dyam, bull city raised their prices, 4oz is $26 most other vendors (ie nicriver) are $18 for 4oz. pitty cause bull city has good customer service ect

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sent an email to CF UK asking about their two FA Custards. I specifically asked how the Vanilla Custard differed from the Custard Cream. Here is their reply,

Hi,

It is a flavourart UK flavour and Vanilla Custard is a smooth, mellow, creamy vape that can be used on its own or with other flavours.

Kind Regards,

So, perhaps I can assume it doesn't have the lemon notes of the other. I'll order it next time and give it a try.

where can you get the new custard premium flavor? havnt seen it listed even on F.A. uk- never mind its in the food flavor section..lol

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
dyam, bull city raised their prices, 4oz is $26 most other vendors (ie nicriver) are $18 for 4oz. pitty cause bull city has good customer service ect

I'm still seeing $18 at Bull City. What flavor went up that much?

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gotcha..dohh my bad.. $18 usd is 26.30 is NZD- our dollar is worthless!! lol- they never had the diff currency option before!! so yup you are right, same price!! LOL

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where can you get the new custard premium flavor? havnt seen it listed even on F.A. uk- never mind its in the food flavor section..lol

I've only seen it on FA Italy. I assume they'll get it in the UK, eventually. You could order it from Italy, but they're notoriously slow to fill their orders. You could wait weeks to get it.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only seen it on FA Italy. I assume they'll get it in the UK, eventually. You could order it from Italy, but they're notoriously slow to fill their orders. You could wait weeks to get it.

As he realised himself.....its there ;) I struggled to find it as well. Really excited to try it.....if it wasnt for the fact it appears lost in the post, three days overdue already arghhhhhh why the order with custard premium, juicy strawberry, breakfast cereal, whipped cream and more have to be the one goes wrong. Only the second flavour art order I have had trouble with (post office fault not theres) in nearly three years of using them and one of the orders Ive been most excited about in three years...ffs!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As he realised himself.....its there ;) I struggled to find it as well. Really excited to try it.....if it wasnt for the fact it appears lost in the post, three days overdue already arghhhhhh why the order with custard premium, juicy strawberry, breakfast cereal, whipped cream and more have to be the one goes wrong. Only the second flavour art order I have had trouble with (post office fault not theres) in nearly three years of using them and one of the orders Ive been most excited about in three years...ffs!

Duh! I just saw the end of your post.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

New today at HIC's Mixes : Fuzzy Nectar

p Fuzzy Nectar.jpg
"Especially designed to deliver ripe, nectar-sweet flavor at high wattage. A very flavorful juice blend starring white peach, balanced with mango-orange, plus a sweet-sour accent of cactus-lime. A cooling additive is optional (either TFA Koolada or FA Polar Blast). This recipe requires Inawera Kaktus (Cactus) and FlavourArt flavors including Blood Orange and Royal Orange."

I really like this one with Polar Blast for a cool sensation. I'm still not ready for summer to end this year!

@HeadInClouds I'm Italian and a FA enthusiast. I guess FA born as a "food flavors" company primarily and after engaged with "vape flavors" market.
I perfectly understand where you come from, about the "premium custard" thing, but I just invite you to consider that Italy is part of the EU and all Italian (and European) companies MUST comply to all of the EU's Directives. In the specific the EU reviewed its "Tobacco Products Directive" or "TPD" (...yes vapes and e-liquids are considered a tobacco product, because they CAN contain nicotine...) in 2014 and it became really strict on such topics, like "not so healthy" substances contained in e-liquids (like Diacetyl / Diketones...), capacity of the tanks, etc.
On top of that, just consider that Italy has already its own, REALLY finicky/tricky/lacking legislation on tobacco products, which often collide with the EU one, so I guess FA is just trying to get "the legal aspect" covered as much as possible.
Ultimately the company warns people that DIacetyl/Diketones should not be inhaled (the percentages shown should refer to food mixing) but they actually can't prevent people from doing that.
I've been writing to FA (both in Italy and in the UK) a couple of times and they've always been VERY helpful, so why not: send 'em a line about your feelings and I'm sure you'll get feedback. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I'm Italian and a FA enthusiast. I guess FA born as a "food flavors" company primarily and after engaged with "vape flavors" market.
I perfectly understand where you come from, about the "premium custard" thing, but I just invite you to consider that Italy is part of the EU and all Italian (and European) companies MUST comply to all of the EU's Directives. In the specific the EU reviewed its "Tobacco Products Directive" or "TPD" (...yes vapes and e-liquids are considered a tobacco product, because they CAN contain nicotine...) in 2014 and it became really strict on such topics, like "not so healthy" substances contained in e-liquids (like Diacetyl / Diketones...), capacity of the tanks, etc.
On top of that, just consider that Italy has already its own, REALLY finicky/tricky/lacking legislation on tobacco products, which often collide with the EU one, so I guess FA is just trying to get "the legal aspect" covered as much as possible.
Ultimately the company warns people that DIacetyl/Diketones should not be inhaled (the percentages shown should refer to food mixing) but they actually can't prevent people from doing that.
I've been writing to FA (both in Italy and in the UK) a couple of times and they've always been VERY helpful, so why not: send 'em a line about your feelings and I'm sure you'll get feedback. :)

Thank you for pointing out all of that. If Italian and EU regulations collide, that could put FA in an odd position. I preferred when the Italian website listed flavors with diketones completely separately for clarity, but I wouldn't be surprised if regulations have counter-intuitively prohibited that. I know FA has been politically active, advocating for the industry & funding safety research - it's a big reason I hold the company in such high regard. They've always fully answered my questions (I've emailed FA Italy several times), so I know they're responsive. You're right - I should just ask them what's up.

Very glad to "meet" an Italian FA fan! Welcome to VU!

Thank you for pointing out all of that. If Italian and EU regulations collide, that could put FA in an odd position. I preferred when the Italian website listed flavors with diketones completely separately for clarity, but I wouldn't be surprised if regulations have counter-intuitively prohibited that. I know FA has been politically active, advocating for the industry & funding safety research - it's a big reason I hold the company in such high regard. They've always fully answered my questions (I've emailed FA Italy several times), so I know they're responsive. You're right - I should just ask them what's up.

Very glad to "meet" an Italian FA fan! Welcome to VU!

My pleasure @HeadInClouds! Your "Notes on FA concentrates" is my "bible" atm! :)
As I stated before, I'm a FA enthusiast not only because of their "diketones free" (...when possible...) range of concentrates, but also because (as you stated) they've been politically active, advocating for the industry & funding safety research and last but not least, they're among the very few, "Italian excellences" left....

mecocina

Member For 4 Years
Tried them last week when a coworker shared. Tastes like grapes, nice crunch lol. Saw them at the store and the grandkids devoured 3/4 of the bag last night. The shape is weird but appealing ☺

Weird real-food find of the week: Moon Drops grapes. They're seedless & taste like (wait for it...) grapes. But they look like tiny eggplants. #science

View attachment 96037 View attachment 96038

Those grapes remind me of another oblong variety of grapes called "pizzutello" (pizzuto = long), typical from the region Lazio (...where Rome is). Excellent!!!

download (1).jpg download (2).jpg download.jpg

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
:ejuice: (shake and vape!)

New today at HIC's Mixes : Nutty Coconut Granola Bar

p Nutty Coconut Granola Bar.jpg
"Tastes like a crunchy granola bar made with sweetened, toasted coconut, roasted nuts, and nutty whole grains. You'll taste a balance of sweet, savory/rich, and toasted flavors - like an actual granola bar. This recipe requires only diketone-free FlavourArt flavorings, including Almond and Breakfast Cereal. There is flexibility on an additional nut flavor, but FA Hazelnut is a highly-recommended option."

Mazinny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally! NF Ginger and NF Malt available in one place, and TFA Sweet Woodruff in stock - plus all the other flavorings I use at HIC's Mixes! https://www.diyvaporsupply.com/flavor-concentrates/ (ships to U.S. addresses only)
Credit for this find goes to a customer who convinced them to carry NF Ginger & pointed them out to me.

Here are all the non-FA flavors currently used in HIC's Mixes - all of which they have in stock right now:
Capella: Jelly Candy, Sugar Cookie v2
Flavorah (they abbreviate FH): Rich Cinnamon
Inawera (they abbreviate IW): Cactus
Nature's Flavors: Ginger, Malt, Pumpkin Pie
TFA (which they call DIY Apprentice & abbreviate TDA): Banana Nut Bread, Brown Sugar, Cheesecake Graham Crust, Citrus Punch, Cranberry, DX Peanut Butter, Green Tea, Holiday Spice, HPNO Type, Kettle Corn, Sweet and Tart, Sweet Woodruff

Looks like a great place to fill in the gaps in your flavor collection. They have the oddball FA flavors the big sellers usually don't carry (Tomato, Violet, and so on). Careful if you're ingredient-conscious! They don't note the "kitchen only" flavors, and you'll find some of those, too. They carry at least 25 brands, so it's fun to look around.
Hey HIC, i have a couple of questions ;

1- Is FW Malt a reasonable substitute for NF Malt ? I loaded up a cart at DIYVaporsupplies, and it would cost a lot less to get the same at BCF. The only flavor they don't carry is NF Malt.

2- What does Sweet Woodruff taste like and what do you use it for in your recipes ?

Thanks !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC, i have a couple of questions ;

1- Is FW Malt a reasonable substitute for NF Malt ? I loaded up a cart at DIYVaporsupplies, and it would cost a lot less to get the same at BCF. The only flavor they don't carry is NF Malt.

2- What does Sweet Woodruff taste like and what do you use it for in your recipes ?

There is just no sub for NF Malt, not even FA Barley Malt. I've tried to convince Bull City to carry the "best of" NF, but so far, no go. DIY Vapor Supply and High Desert Vapes both carry it, though.

TFA Sweet Woodruff tastes just like the actual dried leaves of that plant. It's "Waldmeister" in German, popular in European candies, and used to flavor a German wine-punch drink called May Wine. I describe it as a sweet, aromatic vanilla high note. TFA beats every other brand I've tried for accuracy...even German brands. This is a really hard-to-find flavor since TFA quit selling it in less-than-gallon quantities. When you find it in stock, grab it. I can't imagine anyone would ever use more than sub-1% accents of it, so a small bottle will last a DIY lifetime.

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, got my cart filled at BCV. Enuf to make a full litre of each- Sweet Watermelon Juice and Quickberry Pink (updated). Almost didn't find the vanilla classic, BCV lists it as -Madagascar (vanilla classic)- just happened to see it while flipping thru.

But alas, I went to cashout my survey money and learned there is a 3-5 day wait for processing PFFFT!!:mad:

So figgered I'd use the time to ask a couple questions. First, is Madagascar indeed the proper vanilla? Second, are you considering updating Sweet Watermelon Juice to use the Juicy Strawberry flavor?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, got my cart filled at BCV. Enuf to make a full litre of each- Sweet Watermelon Juice and Quickberry Pink (updated). Almost didn't find the vanilla classic, BCV lists it as -Madagascar (vanilla classic)- just happened to see it while flipping thru.

But alas, I went to cashout my survey money and learned there is a 3-5 day wait for processing PFFFT!!:mad:

So figgered I'd use the time to ask a couple questions. First, is Madagascar indeed the proper vanilla? Second, are you considering updating Sweet Watermelon Juice to use the Juicy Strawberry flavor?

FA Madagascar Vanilla = FA Vanilla Classic. Both names refer to the same flavoring (see: https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/sweet/madagascar-flavor-vanilla-classic/).

Juicy Strawberry vs Strawberry (and Royal Orange vs Orange, for that matter)... The new versions of both these flavors are definitely sweeter, but also a little easier to identify in a recipe. Any recipe that uses the older version can be made with the newer version for extra sweetness and juicier flavor, but do expect it to be easier to identify. That recipe is a pretty delicate balance, aiming to add flavors for their sweetness rather than for their flavor. Shorter answer: No, that recipe probably won't change, but never be afraid to experiment with changes that sound good to you.

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
FA Madagascar Vanilla = FA Vanilla Classic. Both names refer to the same flavoring (see: https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/sweet/madagascar-flavor-vanilla-classic/).

Juicy Strawberry vs Strawberry (and Royal Orange vs Orange, for that matter)... The new versions of both these flavors are definitely sweeter, but also a little easier to identify in a recipe. Any recipe that uses the older version can be made with the newer version for extra sweetness and juicier flavor, but do expect it to be easier to identify. That recipe is a pretty delicate balance, aiming to add flavors for their sweetness rather than for their flavor. Shorter answer: No, that recipe probably won't change, but never be afraid to experiment with changes that sound good to you.
Thanx HIC. Pretty much what I expected to hear on both counts.

VU Sponsors