Become a Patron!

HIC's LIGHT AMERICAN CIGARETTE REPLACEMENT

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just moving into some tobacco vapes .. made this one up (lightest ver) very good neutral cig flavor .. just right .. gonna adjust it to the up end of the percents as it's a bit too light for me right now.. @HeadInClouds thanx for this, it is definitely a keeper to squench the cravings!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would there be any reason to mix FA Cuban Supreme with FA Virginia? At like a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio? What kind of blend would that create? How would it change this recipe by replacing the Burley with the Virginia? Just because I have the later, but not the former. Just got CS and V in, but haven't had a chance to mix them yet.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Would there be any reason to mix FA Cuban Supreme with FA Virginia? At like a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio? What kind of blend would that create? How would it change this recipe by replacing the Burley with the Virginia? Just because I have the later, but not the former. Just got CS and V in, but haven't had a chance to mix them yet.

If you like Virginia, there's no reason not to try it. I have an aversion to Virginia - tastes grassy and "yellow-green" to me, while Burley tastes like brown tobacco, so it's just my personal preference. Virginia and Burley are equally strong flavors; no need to change percentages if you sub out part of one for the other.

Xtobacco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Want to try this but I don't have black fire. Is perique black going to give me similar results. Seems like they both add the smokiness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been looking for something to help me curb the cravings while at work.
Seems to always be the worst time for me.

I mixed up a 30 ml bottle of this tonight. Then I gave it to one of my kids and told them to shake it for me, mostly cause I'm lazy.

Filled my TFV4 with a few ml and sat back.

My initial impression on the inhale is very light and almost non-existent, maybe slightly sweet?
Then as I wait for the exhale and during the exhale it starts to take on the flavor that I was expecting, the way a pack of freshly open smokes smells.
After the exhale it leaves a little bit of the smokey tobacco flavor in your mouth for a bit, almost like if you put a small piece of cig tobacco in your mouth.

Much cleaner then a cig, but it definitely leaves the impression.
I might try increasing the Burley another .25% to step it up to a medium/full flavor but overall I give this a solid 8.5.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does burley cut the sweetness of cuban supreme? I've found cuban supreme to be noticeably sweeter than I was expecting (using from 2-3%). Also, when it comes to cutting the sweetness level of a tobacco mix, would oakwood or black fire work better for that purpose. Any other flavors or general tricks for cutting the sweetness of a tobacco mix?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Does burley cut the sweetness of cuban supreme? I've found cuban supreme to be noticeably sweeter than I was expecting (using from 2-3%). Also, when it comes to cutting the sweetness level of a tobacco mix, would oakwood or black fire work better for that purpose. Any other flavors or general tricks for cutting the sweetness of a tobacco mix?
Burley and black fire both do. Bitter Wizard was designed to minimize sweetness, so you might want to play with that, too.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
made this about a month ago and it tasted like straight up BBQ in a subtank at around 20 watts and I figured now that I know a little more I would try to get the right flavor to match my device. in a pen type low vapor setup the original recipe is probably ideal. i tweaked it to
1.5% cuban supreme
1 drop per 30ml black fire
.33% burley tobacco
.17% oakwood
shake and vape

Thanks for posting this. It was better to my tastes as well. Less sweet, and less BBQ-y (there's something about Cuban Supreme that brings out the BBQ flavor in black fire, to my taste buds).

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

This recipe doesn't mimic any particular brand of cigarette. It's mild, plain cig flavor that satisfies me when I'm craving a cigarette:

HIC's Light American Cig Replacement

2-2.5% FlavourArt Cuban Supreme tobacco
0.5-1% FlavourArt Black Fire
0.25-0.5% FlavourArt Burley tobacco
0.25-0.5% FlavourArt Oakwood

(lowest percents listed for 'ultra-light' cig flavor; highest percents for 'light' cig flavor)

I smoked "light" American cigarettes, none of those expensive brands or fancy imports. I can't stand cigar or pipe flavor/aroma, so I'm a tobacco wimp in the vaping world. If strong tobacco vapes give you nightmares, we have similar tastes. If FA's 7 Leaves or MaxxBlend are too sweet for you or not enough like your old light cigarette, give this recipe a shot.

This is a neutral, smooth, light-brown tasting tobacco vape (from the Cuban Supreme) with a tiny background hint of familiar-tasting darker tobacco (from the Burley) and a light touch of realistic tobacco smoke on the exhale (from the Black Fire). Oakwood at this percent does not add flavor, just dries and de-sweetens the subtle vanilla from Cuban Supreme.

It's mild tobacco flavor with enough interest and complexity to enjoy for long vaping sessions. There's no caramel, spice, anise, cocoa, honey, or weird notes of food flavors, nothing 'obnoxious' in the flavor or the vapor trail. The subtle dry-woody-vanilla bit in the exhale can further masked with extra Black Fire, if you wish. I like it there - it's similar enough to a cig to crush my cravings, but the hint of dry vanilla in the exhale is more pleasant to me than the black-ashiness of real cigs.

When you have a cig craving, there's no time to waste, so this recipe was designed to shake and vape. No steeping rituals are needed - it's smooth and mild immediately after mixing.

A mild tobacco flavor???????what's the point of that.....LOL

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

This recipe doesn't mimic any particular brand of cigarette. It's mild, plain cig flavor that satisfies me when I'm craving a cigarette:

HIC's Light American Cig Replacement

2-2.5% FlavourArt Cuban Supreme tobacco
0.5-1% FlavourArt Black Fire
0.25-0.5% FlavourArt Burley tobacco
0.25-0.5% FlavourArt Oakwood

(lowest percents listed for 'ultra-light' cig flavor; highest percents for 'light' cig flavor)

I smoked "light" American cigarettes, none of those expensive brands or fancy imports. I can't stand cigar or pipe flavor/aroma, so I'm a tobacco wimp in the vaping world. If strong tobacco vapes give you nightmares, we have similar tastes. If FA's 7 Leaves or MaxxBlend are too sweet for you or not enough like your old light cigarette, give this recipe a shot.

This is a neutral, smooth, light-brown tasting tobacco vape (from the Cuban Supreme) with a tiny background hint of familiar-tasting darker tobacco (from the Burley) and a light touch of realistic tobacco smoke on the exhale (from the Black Fire). Oakwood at this percent does not add flavor, just dries and de-sweetens the subtle vanilla from Cuban Supreme.

It's mild tobacco flavor with enough interest and complexity to enjoy for long vaping sessions. There's no caramel, spice, anise, cocoa, honey, or weird notes of food flavors, nothing 'obnoxious' in the flavor or the vapor trail. The subtle dry-woody-vanilla bit in the exhale can further masked with extra Black Fire, if you wish. I like it there - it's similar enough to a cig to crush my cravings, but the hint of dry vanilla in the exhale is more pleasant to me than the black-ashiness of real cigs.

When you have a cig craving, there's no time to waste, so this recipe was designed to shake and vape. No steeping rituals are needed - it's smooth and mild immediately after mixing.
Would king arthurs pipe go with this recipe to replace burley and oakwood as i dont have these yet. Also cant find oakwook on flavourart website.
Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
can't find oak wood but i found this
http://www.zpinkcloud.com/product/latakia-flavor/
would it replace oakwood and if not what would replace oakwwod , appreciate any help thx in advance

That's FA Latakia, right? That's a smoky tobacco flavor with some sour notes. I'll bet it could replace Black Fire for a bolder tobacco, dunno about in place of Oak Wood. I'd keep Latakia at 0.5% if you try it. I haven't vaped it in a while because it's a stronger tobacco than I enjoy.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey HIC (or anyone else), which of FA's tobaccos would you say most closely resembles Cuban Supreme? I ordered a ton of them, but of course forgot to reup on the CS. Wondering if any of FA's other tobaccos are closely analogous.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC (or anyone else), which of FA's tobaccos would you say most closely resembles Cuban Supreme? I ordered a ton of them, but of course forgot to reup on the CS. Wondering if any of FA's other tobaccos are closely analogous.

As a replacement in this recipe, there aren't any I can recommend.
As a standalone, if you like Cuban Supreme, I think you'd also enjoy Tuscan Reserve at a slightly lower percentage.
Come to think of it, if you like this recipe, you'd probably like standalone Tuscan Reserve.

HIC, man you nailed this one! Loving it. Was looking for something to really take the edge off as sometimes my normal fruit / desert vapes feel like they are missing something.

Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, man you nailed this one! Loving it. Was looking for something to really take the edge off as sometimes my normal fruit / desert vapes feel like they are missing something.

Making this one with extra nic helped me avoid smoking many times. I've had no cravings for months, haven't needed to make this lately. I hope it makes itself obsolete for you, too. ;)

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@HeadInClouds can you recommend a good place to get the 3ml bottles other than MamaJ's they seem to be out of several of these flavors and I would love to try this recipe :) TIA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC,
This is nice but a bit light for me, i tried the high end % but i was wondering can i make this stronger? can i raise up any of these ?
Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC,
This is nice but a bit light for me, i tried the high end % but i was wondering can i make this stronger? can i raise up any of these ?

Well, of course; the goal of DIY is always to please yourself. Adjust it any way you like. If you like the general flavor but want more, try double the lower numbers. If you want more of one particular aspect, just add more of your favorite. As you go over the percents I list, some steep time will tend to change the flavor some, especially if you go heavy with Burley.

Thanks for your advice, yes the general flavor is nice i like it, i will try double the percents and give few days to steep then see how i like it :)

HIC, I hate to keep barging into this thread but I have to tell you again that this recipe is simply great. I've caped about 40mils so far. It's taken over one of my daily vapes. I didn't set out looking for a tobacco because all the ones I've tried until now have lacked something. Your recipe is just right.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I hate to keep barging into this thread but I have to tell you again that this recipe is simply great. I've caped about 40mils so far. It's taken over one of my daily vapes. I didn't set out looking for a tobacco because all the ones I've tried until now have lacked something. Your recipe is just right.
I'm glad it does what you need it to, so thanks for your note!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok thanks. King arthurs pipe is a blended mix from flavourart. Ill have a look on the link you sent.
Thanks again.

Trout, the flavourart blended mixes like King Arthurs Pipe are basically mixes from the UK distributor of Flavour Art, not mixed by Flavour Art themselves, so they are basically DIY mixes. Only people in the UK will know these blends as not available outside the UK ;)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know I was not truly digging 2 of the flavors in this one ( not going to list which 2 for obvious reasons ) and was sad as I had bought those flavors. I went ahead and bought his Turin recipe which also calls for those same 2 and WOW it's wonderful. So happy that I can use these now :)

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
howdy @debinnv
great recipe.Love the black fire.Made a adirondack black with it along with a strictly black fire recipe. Made a flu cured N.E.T. as a base to many flavors I'm working on.I'm strictly a tobacco flavor junkie.I use the DNB,TA and many others in some.This,the one you posted, is one I am waiting to age,used more than the % as I like the stronger flavors,the undertones will pop out.thanks for sharing this...always looking for new flavors.....50/50 PG/VG (edited for clarity) mix is my starting point.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey there @Ding I love the Turin. I'm on the hunt for a decent recipe that maybe my Mom will take to. She's 78 and her health is so so bad now and she smokes 2 packs a day. I have got to try and get her off cigarettes. Last time I went to see her was shortly after I started vaping so the few things I gave her then were those little ego type devices. Well, heck I wouldn't of been able to stick with vaping if I relied on those. This Light American may work for her. She only smokes the light ciggy's. The I need to think of what devices I have that will be easy for her. I sure don't want her messing with batteries or trying to build coils :) Her eyesight is bad anyway. I know they have some decent tanks out there now that have the premade coils. Aaaah well, I'm rambling now. What do you mean by 50/50 starting point? 50% base and 50% flavor? Whooooo that is a strong one :)

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no it's the 50/50 blend of VG/PG deb.yeah that would be a little strong,even for me.LOL.The base I make, I start at 10%,depending on the flavors I am shooting for then climb from there.
Understand the packs a day deal.Was a 3 pack a day + for over 45 years so I understand how hard it is for her to stop.It will be a hard choice to make to get the right comb for her for sure.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh! That makes more sense :) No PG here, stuff makes me sick as a dog. I use 90/10 VG and Vodka.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
im looking to make a newport resemblance vape for a friend would this work if i add some menthol crystals
In my opinion, you can add menthol to any recipe at all - no other adjustments needed. I've put a couple years between myself and cigs now, and I don't think I ever smoked Newport, so I can't tell you if it would be similar or not. Adding 1% or less of a vendor's premixed "menthol" flavoring to this recipe I'd think would be similar to a menthol light or ultralight cig.

Hi, very new to all this.
So far ordered a bunch concentrated flavours but got it all wrong, what i need is tobacco flavours.
Found this recipe and ordered all these flavours from FA along with Virginia and RY4. I used to smoke Golden Virginia, so i am after a tobacco flavour but just don't understand the % on the recipe or i do, don't know?
I use the E-Juice calculator and insert 10ml bottle, 2.5/0.5/0.5/0.5 on flavours, only gives a few drops of each, is it like that as i see other recipe with 20% flavour???
Many hanks.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@007xico
different flavor manufacturers use different concentrations.. FA (flavourart) is typical ~1% , whereas TFA (The Flavor Apprentice/Perfumers apprentice - watch carefully they use 'Fa' as their logo on flavors) might be 3-8% as it's less concentrated .. So using for instance all TFA you could end up with 20% flavoring and still be alright .. All FA flavors on the other hand would be best with a total % no higher than say 8-11% (anything over 8% using all FA is kinda pushing it .. but have seen some that work great)

Comes down to knowing the starting points for each flavor line.. many recipes out there are also just thrown together and posted and the author may have thought 'more is better' ... which is usually not the case... keep reading the different threads and you will pick it up fast , no worries !!

only gives a few drops of each, is it like that
Yes - very much like that! Be careful using drops tho.. lot's of difference between dropper bottle types... best to use syringe or even better weight.. small gram scale accurate to .01 is EZ .. no cleanup .. very accurate!

welcome to VU .. btw!

@007xico
different flavor manufacturers use different concentrations.. FA (flavourart) is typical ~1% , whereas TFA (The Flavor Apprentice/Perfumers apprentice - watch carefully they use 'Fa' as their logo on flavors) might be 3-8% as it's less concentrated .. So using for instance all TFA you could end up with 20% flavoring and still be alright .. All FA flavors on the other hand would be best with a total % no higher than say 8-11% (anything over 8% using all FA is kinda pushing it .. but have seen some that work great)

Comes down to knowing the starting points for each flavor line.. many recipes out there are also just thrown together and posted and the author may have thought 'more is better' ... which is usually not the case... keep reading the different threads and you will pick it up fast , no worries !!

Yes - very much like that! Be careful using drops tho.. lot's of difference between dropper bottle types... best to use syringe or even better weight.. small gram scale accurate to .01 is EZ .. no cleanup .. very accurate!

welcome to VU .. btw!

Thank for replying, very helpful.
There are so many brands that gets confusing, i ordered from FA as it said on the recipe being discussed here.
I will have all the flavours tomorrow to try this recipe as i am looking for tobacco flavours.

I ordered also the Virginia flavour, is that that gives the Golden Virginia like flavour or need other flavours?
Most likely need to try different percentages until i find one that i like? But as you mention FA are more flavoursome, so need to take that in consideration.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well your off to a good start this is a nice simple satisfying tob recipe.. for me it was close to a marlboro ulight and as I had at one time smoked marlboro lights i could adjust it for that easily. I'm not sure what you mean by virginia cig .. what brand of cigarettes are you referring to?

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Btw there are many good even great tob flavings out there.. (not to mention NETs / Extracts)
As good as the FA flavorings are .. also look into TFA (TFA makes a better RY4D than FA for instance- IMO) hangsen / Inawera / SC (super Concentrates i think) / there are so many.. just keep reading tho - several Tobacco threads here on VU.. and you will find what you are looking for.. DIY has unlimited possibilites !

Problems with nicotine being too strong .
I mixed 30 ml of this and another 30ml of Etry4 at 6mg nicotine , I find it too strong , through hit is too strong , burnt flavour .
Mixed one without nicotine and there was a lovely flavour.
Now I am vaping one at etry4 at 3mg and still a bit strong not as bad .
I have 72mg vg from totally wicked .

Is this normal or should I try a different nicotine ?
I still need nicotine as I only stopped smoking 4 weeks ago .

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Problems with nicotine being too strong .
I mixed 30 ml of this and another 30ml of Etry4 at 6mg nicotine , I find it too strong , through hit is too strong , burnt flavour .
Mixed one without nicotine and there was a lovely flavour.
Now I am vaping one at etry4 at 3mg and still a bit strong not as bad .
I have 72mg vg from totally wicked .

Is this normal or should I try a different nicotine ?
I still need nicotine as I only stopped smoking 4 weeks ago .

It is normal for some nic to be more harsh than others. I personally use VapersTek, which is very smooth. I don't vape tobaccos very often, but when I do it's because I'm craving a cig, and harsher nic suits me fine then. I haven't used nic from Totally Wicked, so I have no opinion on it. If you need smoother nic, VT sure would be.

It is normal for some nic to be more harsh than others. I personally use VapersTek, which is very smooth. I don't vape tobaccos very often, but when I do it's because I'm craving a cig, and harsher nic suits me fine then. I haven't used nic from Totally Wicked, so I have no opinion on it. If you need smoother nic, VT sure would be.

Thanks for your reply .
The nicotine you mention seems to be sold in the US but I am in the UK, need to find something good here .

Also how do you go about your percentages? When using lower values, I find it impossible to measure ml precisely.
I am just measuring vg/pg with serynges or scales and the flavouring as drops .
How do you do it ?

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nicotine you mention seems to be sold in the US but I am in the UK, need to find something good here .
as mentioned above by @sampleit - The Vapers Tek NIC is excellent and available in the UK -can be pricey but is def good.

Also how do you go about your percentages? When using lower values, I find it impossible to measure ml precisely. I am just measuring vg/pg with serynges or scales and the flavouring as drops . How do you do it ?

Think you were directing this to HIC (?) But Ima gonna add my two cents here .. I do all by scale / weight - only exception is I transfer NIC by syringe (using syringes dedicated to nic only) but even so I measure the NIC by weight .. the smaller the batch the more precise you need to be as the margin for error is less , but it works for many to just use the scale for everything.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
When using lower values, I find it impossible to measure ml precisely.
I am just measuring vg/pg with serynges or scales and the flavouring as drops .
How do you do it ?

Whether you use syringes, scales, or drops, the keys are always consistency & accuracy. Whatever method you're able to use for reproducible results is the one best for you. I usually measure with syringes, but I use drops for very small batches & testing. I keep a couple larger bottles of unflavored base. Those just have lines drawn on the side for fill levels.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is better then a cigarette. I tastes like good tobacco smells unlit. I always rolled up my own smokes and it always smelled a bit better than it tasted.

Yep, when I first got of the ciggies I bought some Hangsen tobacco e-liquid. The first thing I noticed is that it tasted like tobacco smelled, which to me was way nicer than it tasted. I then tried some House of Liquid pure tobacco steeps, which were way more like a cigarette tastes and absolute coil claggers. That was about 5 years ago and I've since moved away from tobacco vapes, but have recently started buying some FA tobacco concentrates to revisit those days. Unfortunately I don't have the Black Fire on hand, but am keen to try this. Can I sub the Black Fire with anything HIC? I have a few other FA tobaccos lying there unopened

VU Sponsors