Become a Patron!

HIC's LEMON MERINGUE PIE

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man I really wish I had more time to work on some of my own mixes. The problem is that between every concoction that I attempt to conjure up, I find myself trying out three or so HIC recipes. I was blown away by the Apple and Marzipan combo, now this Lemon Meringue has side tracked me further.
This is one of the truest representations of any pie type of flavour that I've encountered.

I'm not even gonna thank you HIC coz you're probably getting sick of it by now, and you're not helping my personal research either.

Bloody delicious though ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Man I really wish I had more time to work on some of my own mixes. The problem is that between every concoction that I attempt to conjure up, I find myself trying out three or so HIC recipes. I was blown away by the Apple and Marzipan combo, now this Lemon Meringue has side tracked me further.

Hopefully some can give you shortcuts for your own. The apple pie marzipan combo is really just a flavor pairing; try it as part of your own mixes.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hopefully some can give you shortcuts for your own. The apple pie marzipan combo is really just a flavor pairing; try it as part of your own mixes.

Oh no doubt. Along with your notes they've had a great influence on my mixing, and it's improved dramatically as a result.
Much appreciated mate.

As for the apple tart, maybe I'll expand on it at some stage. For now I'm loving it too much to change a thing

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh no doubt. Along with your notes they've had a great influence on my mixing, and it's improved dramatically as a result.
Much appreciated mate.

As for the apple tart, maybe I'll expand on it at some stage. For now I'm loving it too much to change a thing
As long as your talking about apple tart, I just got my Mama J order today...Apple Pie and marzipan, heck ya.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In a pinch, could I substitute FA Vienna Cream for FA Custard?

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

That can be said for your scone recipe. The texture of the scone really comes out in that recipe.
But what I did this time was combine this lemon meringue with the billberry/bb scone recipe and Ive been so impressed with it. Saying the recipe as depth is not enough lol. It literally has layers upon layers of flavor complexities.
Thank you sir for your awesomeness

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
... combine this lemon meringue with the billberry/bb scone recipe and Ive been so impressed with it. Saying the recipe as depth is not enough lol. It literally has layers upon layers of flavor complexities.
Thank you sir for your awesomeness

Thanks for that combo idea. Did you do about half of each?

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for that combo idea. Did you do about half of each?
As you know they are surprisingly similar but I basically took the scone recipe and added
2% lemon Sicily
1% meringue
.5% bilberry
3% Blueberry fw
I'm debating on using a different blueberry and adding the apple pie.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Have been really busy but have finally got around to making this, absolutely delicious. Thanks HIC, I'm sure this will be the first of many.
14 mg nic, 70/30 VG high.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Second 30ml batch in effect. This time I'm dripping and added the optional 1% of Vienna Cream to the recipe. All VG apart from the concentrates and nic. Inhaling gold right now!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
just ordered a set except for the fresh cream(out of stock) any who is there any recommendation substitute for the fresh cream?
Do you have CAP sweet cream? It's a bit sweeter, but I find it to be a nice sub,or you could even try it without and see.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
just ordered a set except for the fresh cream(out of stock) any who is there any recommendation substitute for the fresh cream?

If I were out of Fresh Cream, I'd just leave it out and be sure to use the optional Vienna Cream. I looooove Vienna Cream!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't think it was worthy of staying, just not "special" in any way. It was 2% Lemon Sicily, 1% Custard, 1% Cardamom, with optional additions of .5% Bilberry and/or Coconut. All FA.
Thanks HIC. I have Cardamom on the way and was doing some searching here and it seemed to be a hit with quite a few people. I'll give it a shot and if anything, use it as a steeping stone.

roulettegrl67

Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds I can't wait to try this! I'm taking all your advice and starting simple and buying a few main basic flavors from Mama's. This is going to be my 1st flavor....not super simple, but I think I can do this!...lol I'll let you know how I do! Thanks again for your recipes! xxoo

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have to say, I am thrilled I found this thread. I have been trying some of your recipes @HeadInClouds and WOW. I even bought the Watermelon one and although I did not have 2 of the flavors ( those are on the way ) :) I improvised with 2 similar and I can only imagine how good this is going to be when I have all the correct flavors in hand. You sir, are amazing and thank you so very much.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have to say, I am thrilled I found this thread. I have been trying some of your recipes @HeadInClouds and WOW. I even bought the Watermelon one and although I did not have 2 of the flavors ( those are on the way ) :) I improvised with 2 similar and I can only imagine how good this is going to be when I have all the correct flavors in hand. You sir, are amazing and thank you so very much.

I'm glad you found some to enjoy, and thank you back!

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HIC, im wondering how you measure....by ml, weight or drops....i used drops...50 drops per ml from the 10ml fa bottles....i tried this recipe today but im not getting the lemon taste...im getting mostly the crust taste. The lemon sicily seems to be weak....but great recipe...thanks

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, im wondering how you measure....by ml, weight or drops....i used drops...50 drops per ml from the 10ml fa bottles....i tried this recipe today but im not getting the lemon taste...im getting mostly the crust taste. The lemon sicily seems to be weak....but great recipe...thanks

I measure by volume, always. I've carefully calibrated my "mixing station" to do that very accurately using consistent, calibrated droppers. FA keeps changing the tips on their bottles, making "measuring with drops" right from the bottles more complicated. Be really sure to shake your flavors right before you use them! Lemon Sicily settles quickly into layers with very little flavor at the top of the bottle.

ibndevilish

Member For 4 Years

I have tried the drop method and my juice didn't come out right I then used syringes which work great until you have to keep washing them. Now I'm learning how to measure by weight. It's very easy unless your scale decides not to measure right :) I'm going to buy a new scale that is better. But HICS Lemon meringue pie is awesome along with the rest I have tried.

marksfish59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A quick shout out to Hic for his lemon meringue pie, in the last two weeks I have mixed 150 ml and have vaped most of it. the only words I can use to describe it are 'simply awesome'.

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm curious what everyone's doing with recipes like this now that FA's meringue tastes like it's been heavily toasted? I really want to try this but only have the newer FA meringue.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You'll like this one still. It's quite delicious!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm curious what everyone's doing with recipes like this now that FA's meringue tastes like it's been heavily toasted? I really want to try this but only have the newer FA meringue.

Even to people who don't like the caramelized bit of FA Meringue (raising my hand here) - it is absolutely perfect here. Honest!

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even to people who don't like the caramelized bit of FA Meringue (raising my hand here) - it is absolutely perfect here. Honest!

Well that seals it for me! Thanks HIC, I have it steeping now.

I look forward to enjoying FA meringue in a mix for once lol. Up until now, I have only stared at the bottle with a confused look of resentment thinking... what to do?

SteppedOutOfTheSMOG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just very happily vaped through a tank of this today. While I'm not sure lemon meringue is a flavour for me personally, I was super impressed at how much this tasted exactly like lemon meringue pie.

I know, duh right, the clue is in the name. But so many recipes and vendor juices claiming to taste like some sort of food and then you vape it and get something that reminds you a little of the food it's supposed to taste like. Not this! Absolutely dead on, lemon meringue pie. Tasty, and a very impressive mix indeed.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just very happily vaped through a tank of this today. While I'm not sure lemon meringue is a flavour for me personally, I was super impressed at how much this tasted exactly like lemon meringue pie.

I know, duh right, the clue is in the name. But so many recipes and vendor juices claiming to taste like some sort of food and then you vape it and get something that reminds you a little of the food it's supposed to taste like. Not this! Absolutely dead on, lemon meringue pie. Tasty, and a very impressive mix indeed.
Try this HICs mix. http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-italian-christmas-cookies-anisette.29047/#post-400750

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That moment when you think you have every FA flavour there is and.... no anise!

Will have to pick some up next time. Thanks for pointing me to this recipe though, definitely seems like one I have to try.
May as well grab some FA cardamom while your at it. They are very unique flavors and will take some of your mixes to the next level. I've found to use them sparingly, around .5%, otherwise they can take over a mix if left to steep long.

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone up the percentages on this? If so how much and what did you think?

Also im waiting on flavors to come in and wondering if i should up percentages on HICs recipes i purchased.

Thanks in advance!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Also im waiting on flavors to come in and wondering if i should up percentages on HICs recipes i purchased.

Thanks in advance!
Plenty of flavor the way it's posted.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thanks in advance!
I have always made them to spec, and they have always come out perfectly. HIC know what he is doing, for sure!

I have mine set at 5% Lemon Sicily and I actually had to up the Lime to 1% to make the Lemon stand out, but everyone's taste is different! Just keep experimenting with it till you find what works for you :)

I'm going to have to try this. I mixed the 9% flavor version as described by HIC and I can't taste any lemon!

I suspect something's odd with your flavoring if you can't taste 4% Lemon Sicily. Didja shake it? Does it taste okay standalone?
Yeah. Shook the hell out of all my flavors just before addition. Will have to try it by itself. Can kind of taste the lemon with my dropper at 85W but no lemon taste with both my tanks at approximately 40W.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't read all 4 pages of posts yet, so I might find my answer there. However, was wondering if the flavors will fade with steeping? I'm loving this week one, but undecided on how much to make. Usually I'll make enough to last 2 months or so, but almost all my citrus vapes fade. Has anyone tried this after a month steep, and if so how does it taste? Right now I'm making a 3-4 day supply at a time :(
Thank you so much HIC, for the time and effort you put into teaching us and sharing your knowledge and recipes. Your recipes make it much much easier to stay off the analogs for the new mixers and/or those that just want good juice and can't afford ready made juice!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't read all 4 pages of posts yet, so I might find my answer there. However, was wondering if the flavors will fade with steeping? I'm loving this week one, but undecided on how much to make. Usually I'll make enough to last 2 months or so, but almost all my citrus vapes fade. Has anyone tried this after a month steep, and if so how does it taste? Right now I'm making a 3-4 day supply at a time :(
Thank you so much HIC, for the time and effort you put into teaching us and sharing your knowledge and recipes. Your recipes make it much much easier to stay off the analogs for the new mixers and/or those that just want good juice and can't afford ready made juice!
Love that lemon meringue pie, one of my faves! But I will have to say that in my experience with this one, small batches are best. I did mix a much larger quantity after the first time I tried it because I fell in love with it. But the lemon did begin to fade after a week or so. You can always add more, but I just prefer that fresh lemon taste the first day or so after it's made.

VU Sponsors