HIC's LEMON MERINGUE PIE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie recipe (all FlavourArt; lemon custard, moist meringue, and traditional crust flavor)

4% FA Lemon Sicily
2% FA Custard
1% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
optional: up to 1% FA Vienna Cream for richer flavor
made to shake and vape!

I've used strong enough flavoring that most won't need to raise these percents.

Lime Cold-Pressed gives Lemon Sicily a fresher, juicier, bolder flavor. Avoid going over 0.75% here so you won't taste lime. TFA Key Lime would probably work, too - also just 0.5%.

Both Custard and Lime are used to boost Lemon. Fresh Cream makes meringue moister and fluffier, like American meringue pies. Apple Pie and Cookie combine for a traditional pie crust flavor and add sweetness. Add Vienna Cream it makes this richer and sweeter, a bit milder - like real pie made with some dairy and/or butter. Some real lemon meringue pie recipes use those ingredients, some don't. I recommend trying it first without Vienna Cream, and adding it only if it's too 'sharp' tasting to you without it.

Last edited:

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed this up last night. This is the real deal, I don't know how you do it but I sure wish I did :) This is good stuff and I knew it would be that's why I just made a big bottle hahaha. Thanks HIC!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
9% flavoring ! hic are you ok ? lol. looks awesome will be mixing this. thanks !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
9% flavoring ! hic are you ok ? lol. looks awesome will be mixing this. thanks !

hahaha! It was made especially for thunderball, and he wanted some FLAVOR, man! Of course I dilute it to half-strength or less for myself. (and it's 10% if you include the optional Vienna - it's good either way, but strong to me)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hahaha! It was made especially for thunderball, and he wanted some FLAVOR, man! Of course I dilute it to half-strength or less for myself. (and it's 10% if you include the optional Vienna - it's good either way, but strong to me)
Im going to try the 10% version when i get home

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
I have everything except the apple pie.. I do have cappella apple pie and TFA apple pie, as well as TFA pie crust. Would one of those do or should I just leave it out?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have everything except the apple pie.. I do have cappella apple pie and TFA apple pie, as well as TFA pie crust. Would one of those do or should I just leave it out?

I'd leave it out at first. It's just there to add crust flavor and a little sweetness. See how you like it crustless. I personally don't like TFA's crust flavor and would be tempted to try a little of that Capella version, but only if crustless didn't please me.

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
I used the cappella at about .3 and I think the sweet apple balanced out the tartness a bit, but the crust is pretty subtle. I might try a drop of graham cracker, however I will do that on a separate batch because I don't want to ruin this first bottle, because it's very tasty. Thanks!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed this up a week ago. What took me so long? I made this without the Vienna, but am going to try it that way next, just to taste the difference. As is, I love it. I'll keep it around for sure! Another good one. Awesome flavor.

Is the cinnamon from the Apple Pie? I've not noticed the cinnamon on the exhale when I've used it before. Very nice.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I taste no cinn whatsoever in FA Apple Pie. Was there something spicy in your tank before this?
Nope, lol. The first time I had it was a few days ago with a new wick and clean tank. Crazy. I really do get a hint on the exhale. Seems someone else said that before. I think it was Bryon, pre-wedding, lol. Oddly enough, I never noticed in any other flavors but this lemon.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed this up. Yum! I made the Emilie version a few weeks ago, I prefer this one! It amazes me how accurate some(all) of your recipes are! Thanks, as always, for a terrific vape. :)

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tried this over the weekend. I am missing the lime, just went without. Made 20ml and it was gone in about day... Planning to order the lime before I make more.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still make big bottles of this one. I make it as written for my wife and in mine I substitute meringue for marsh mallow just for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still make big bottles of this one. I make it as written for my wife and in mine I substitute meringue for marsh mallow just for fun.

Funny, I never make big bottles of this one (intentionally). I prefer it when it's fresh mixed. I find many of the flavors 'fade' in just a few days to a week so I usually mix up 6-12ml at a time and vape it up in a day or two. :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The lime does fade, but only the tartness, for me. I have one from a few weeks ago and it's the only flavor to fade. I keep it in my full size Protank 2. I've had it with and without vienna. They're both really good!

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixing this one up today HIC sounds like another gem from you my man. Thanks alot for sharing your creativity with your creations.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds Your stuff is amazing! You have a way with those flavors!

BTW are you on ELR or should I just put a recipe up there? I already posted a few of your recipes a while back (Tic Tacs)...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds Your stuff is amazing! You have a way with those flavors!

BTW are you on ELR or should I just put a recipe up there? I already posted a few of your recipes a while back (Tic Tacs)...

Thank you, daath - I'm glad you like it. FA just works well for me and their flavors make great blends with ease.

I like to keep my recipes in one place so I have only one spot to edit when there are changes, and one place I can post variations, comments, and so on. But I know they've been copied around all over the place, often with no link to the original, sometimes old versions, usually without notes that help people mix it... I realize it's a losing battle to keep just 1 copy, lol, so I'm looking into alternatives.

Anyone who wants the full and current version can always find it on vu.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hehe I hear ya - I think I will scape up your recipes and post them with correct attribution and source to VU-threads, if that's OK with you!

I need to get back to FA again - Their flavors are great! My nephew mixed up Lemon (Sicily) (FA), and some kiwi and apple (I don't know which brand yet) along with one other ingredient I can't remember - it was one of the best mixes I've tried in a really long time! I'm currently pushing him to put the recipe in writing ;)

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Second thought: @HeadInClouds - I think I'll create a faux-HeadInClouds-user and put all your stuff in that, if you don't mind - if you at some point want control, I'll just hand over the user - otherwise I'm gonna maintain that user :)

Awesome recipe! Thank you! This is the first one I've tried that I really like the FA Custard in, since I don't really get the usual flavor from it in this mix (I have weird taste buds, think FA Espresso tastes exactly like sesame oil, can't vape it). I get such a nice, sweet, creamy lemon and a very "full" mouth feel. Have been vaping only this since I mixed it up yesterday, 'bout to mix up a larger batch. I made this as written and included the 1% VC, it's great in my Orchid as well as on a dripper.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed that Hicleberried is on there. That one was posted by a different member, Daintanee. She combined one of HIC's with one of mine, lol.

hehe you're right, but I credited both of you - didn't notice that it wasn't HIC that posted it :p hehe

This looks really good, but I don't have Lime or Meringue.

Was going to try some substitutions until I place yet another order, what do you think?

1-2% Cap Marshmallow for Meringue

.5-1% Citric Acid for Lime

Do I need anything for any sweetness that Meringue would bring? EM?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This looks really good, but I don't have Lime or Meringue.

Was going to try some substitutions until I place yet another order, what do you think?

1-2% Cap Marshmallow for Meringue

.5-1% Citric Acid for Lime

Do I need anything for any sweetness that Meringue would bring? EM?

@Thunderball uses FA Marshmallow instead of Meringue, so I'd say your CAP Marshmallow sounds fine. I'd do 1%.

You could leave out the Lime. It accentuates Lemon Sicily but isn't necessary. You could use TFA Key Lime, if you have that. If you have no lime flavors at all, at least give a quick test vape before you add citric acid.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping this now after mixing max VG @ 3mg with a 50/50 nic base, damn what a cream pie this is. After mixing, I was anticipating a lemon vape from the smell, but I'm getting way more meringue than lemon now (it's had a short hot bath, shakes, rest 4 hours). I think this will get creamier with time so definitely shake and vape no hot bath if you want a lemon experience.

Maybe it needs to age or my measurements were off, this also tastes like the beginnings of an awesome apple jacks recipe. There's something about the exhale that is strikingly similar to eating the cereal dry, probably just because it's vapor and not cold milk. I see this was posted before your cereal recipe... I wonder.:)

Anyways the lemon meringue pie I remember was two slices max because of the lemon richness, and I'm a 4 slice guy haha. This recipe is delicious and i think a few drops away from the pie I remember too!!

edit: day 8 and the lemon is very mellow. Overall I'd describe the vape as a creamy-custard-lemon-meringue-cream-cookie once aged. I'm thinking some vodka and/or a drop of lemon juice... or more lime cold pressed? I like the cream/bakery body aged like this, just missing the lemon tart that was there on day 1-2, maybe mix citrus in on day 6 next time.

Last edited:

TomHanksDied

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This recipe is outstanding. Just after a shake is wonderful. Thanks a lot. I didn't have lime but it'll be on my next order. Mixing up 50 mls to steep.

loving this! :)

MgKUTihl.jpg

BuddJohnson

Member For 4 Years
HIC, This one looks really good, do you think the citrus content is a concern for plastic tanks cracking?
TIA
Budd

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, This one looks really good, do you think the citrus content is a concern for plastic tanks cracking?

My partner uses a similar recipe in plastic tanks regularly. We don't get cracks, but now and then we get slow leaks at the glued parts of those tanks. Not often enough to know whether the 4% Lemon Sicily in that recipe or wear and tear (knocking it off the table :rolleyes:) is to blame. I personally prefer glass these days, just to avoid the worry. So many different plastic formulations are used now, it's impossible to say for sure!

FaitAccompli

Member For 4 Years
I very much enjoyed this one, however, in my DarkHorse RDA the flavor is basically not there... super muted, it is already subtle in my Veritas. So I tried to up the flavor %s, and that helped a bit, but now the meringue is gone lol. I did 1.5x the recipe:

6% FA Lemon Sicily
3% FA Custard
1.5% FA Meringue
0.75% FA Fresh Cream
0.75% FA Apple Pie
0.75% FA Cookie
0.75% FA Lime Cold-Pressed

The lemon seems to now overpower everything else. How would you suggest I up the flavor without this occurring?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...The lemon seems to now overpower everything else. How would you suggest I up the flavor without this occurring?

Hopefully someone with similar hardware will comment on their experience with lemon and meringue flavors, but until then, I'd suggest using the percentages you did, but drop Lemon Sicily some - perhaps back to 4%. Try that and be willing to add an extra 0.5% Meringue if you still don't taste it clearly. If someone with similar hardware has other suggestions, ignore mine.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to making this - had to use Caps Lemon Sicily, the only ingredient I didn't have in FA - but it's SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!! Thank you!!

FaitAccompli

Member For 4 Years
Hopefully someone with similar hardware will comment on their experience with lemon and meringue flavors, but until then, I'd suggest using the percentages you did, but drop Lemon Sicily some - perhaps back to 4%. Try that and be willing to add an extra 0.5% Meringue if you still don't taste it clearly. If someone with similar hardware has other suggestions, ignore mine.

I'll give that a shot! May also help to note that I use all VG. The only PG comes from the flavoring.

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie recipe (all FlavourArt; lemon custard, moist meringue, and traditional crust flavor)

4% FA Lemon Sicily
2% FA Custard
1% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
optional: up to 1% FA Vienna Cream for richer flavor
made to shake and vape!

I've used strong enough flavoring that most won't need to raise these percents.

Lime Cold-Pressed gives Lemon Sicily a fresher, juicier, bolder flavor. Avoid going over 0.75% here so you won't taste lime. TFA Key Lime would probably work, too - also just 0.5%.

Both Custard and Lime are used to boost Lemon. Fresh Cream makes meringue moister and fluffier, like American meringue pies. Apple Pie and Cookie combine for a traditional pie crust flavor and add sweetness. Add Vienna Cream it makes this richer and sweeter, a bit milder - like real pie made with some dairy and/or butter. Some real lemon meringue pie recipes use those ingredients, some don't. I recommend trying it first without Vienna Cream, and adding it only if it's too 'sharp' tasting to you without it.
Just gave this recipe a shot! [I'm new around these parts!]. This is incredible! My girlfriend commandeered my bottle haha. Making some more 30s for the two of us now! Going to try it with Vienna Cream added. Just wanted to say thank you for your amazing work. I bought a few recipes off of your site as well (Quickberry Pink and Banana Pudding) both are fantastic. You are a godsend.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just gave this recipe a shot! [I'm new around these parts!]. This is incredible! My girlfriend commandeered my bottle haha. Making some more 30s for the two of us now! Going to try it with Vienna Cream added. Just wanted to say thank you for your amazing work. I bought a few recipes off of your site as well (Quickberry Pink and Banana Pudding) both are fantastic. You are a godsend.

Thanks very much, @Spoopy - I'm glad you're liking all of them!

trapdaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I very much enjoyed this one, however, in my DarkHorse RDA the flavor is basically not there... super muted, it is already subtle in my Veritas. So I tried to up the flavor %s, and that helped a bit, but now the meringue is gone lol. I did 1.5x the recipe:

6% FA Lemon Sicily
3% FA Custard
1.5% FA Meringue
0.75% FA Fresh Cream
0.75% FA Apple Pie
0.75% FA Cookie
0.75% FA Lime Cold-Pressed

The lemon seems to now overpower everything else. How would you suggest I up the flavor without this occurring?
I have mine set at 5% Lemon Sicily and I actually had to up the Lime to 1% to make the Lemon stand out, but everyone's taste is different! Just keep experimenting with it till you find what works for you :)

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, HIC, I got a question for you -- you notice any citrus fading issues? I see it happen a lot with Key Lime and Lemon Meringue Pies, among others, after a couple weeks' time. FA Lime Cold-Pressed, Lemon Sicily, and others just don't seem to have staying power in comparison to other ingredients. I don't steep or store with the caps off, because I don't wanna lose flavor volatiles, but I'm working on a Key Lime Pie vape and I just can't seem to figure out what to do to keep the FA (and other, TFA Key Lime for instance) citrus flavors long-term stable.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@returnity , in any mix with flavors that change over time, you have a few options:

1.mix a small batch to taste right immediately, and vape it within a few days or week
2.add extra of any flavors that fade, and wait until they fade to vape it
3.mix flavorings only, alone in a separate bottle so you can mix small batches fresh any time you want it

In mixes with more than 2-3% Lemon Sicily, I don't get fade. One of my partner's advs is Limoncello Torrone Parfait. It has a lot of lemon, too - and it tastes the same as a shake-and-vape as it does after sitting around for a month. I don't make as many mixes with such a high amount of lime flavors, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked the same. Option 3 above is most convenient for me with favorite recipes I vape often; option 1 is my usual choice, because I try new recipes constantly.

VU Sponsors