Become a Patron!

HIC's Kalev and Hussel

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This recipe was inspired by an Estonian brand (Kalev's) chocolate-covered blackcurrant-brandy gels and a German brand (Hussel's) dark bittersweet chocolate bar with liquid blackcurrant filling.

HIC's Kalev and Hussel
2% FA Cocoa
1% FA Black Currant
1% FA Brandy
1% FA Fresh Cream
1% TFA Meringue (Flavor Apprentice!)

The real Estonian candy packs some real alcohol; shake and vape for that effect.
After this sits a few days and Brandy mellows, it's more like Hussel.
Good both ways and in between.
Vape with low power, due to Cocoa!

Last edited:

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Uh...yum

I don't have FA Meringue...do you think I can sub TFA Whipped Cream for it, or TFA Marshmallow?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a fantastic recipe, very true to the candy. I say very true to the candy, but I've never had this kind/brand of candy, but it's very much like the chocolate-covered jellied fruit centers that are available here in the States, just using black currant instead of orange or raspberry. I substituted the following flavors for FA brand and it's just fine (though I can't vouch if it's as nice as HIC's original without the FA flavors):

TFA Double Chocolate (Clear)
INA Black Currant
TFA Marshmallow
TFA Sweet Cream
TFA Brandy

I will say the INA Black Currant is strong in this recipe at 1%. if you prefer milder to medium fruit taste, you may want to bump this down to between 0.5% and 1%. I let it steep overnight, and it did tone down a bit, but you will also need to steep with cap off because INA's flavoring has an alcohol note that needs to dissipate.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors