HIC's KAHLUA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Kahlua recipe: straight Kahlua flavor without added cream

2% FA Espresso
2% FA Vanilla Bourbon (Classic works okay, no Tahiti)
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.25% FA Caramel

For creamier flavor: Reduce Espresso and Vanilla to 1.5% each, and add 1% Fresh Cream.

The straight Kahlua recipe is useful for cocktail or coffee vape recipes, which I how I usually use it. I'm posting the plain Kahlua separately for anyone who needs a good, strong, plain Kahlua flavor that's better than other brands' so-called Kahlua flavorings.

Last edited:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I copied this to my recipe file with your name so I will remember it will be a good mix. Currently I only have the FA Espresso. I have tried using other brands of flavors to get a rough idea how it will vape before I race out to buy the other missing FA flavors.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I copied this to my recipe file with your name so I will remember it will be a good mix. Currently I only have the FA Espresso. I have tried using other brands of flavors to get a rough idea how it will vape before I race out to buy the other missing FA flavors.

I think Espresso and Rum would best be the FA versions, but many other vanilla and caramel flavors would work fine with them.

Hi HIC,
I was trying to get a recipe together for the creamier version. Does this look right?

1.5% FA Espresso
2% FA Vanilla Bourbon (Classic works okay, no Tahiti)
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.25% FA Caramel
1.5% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Fresh Cream

or would you lower the expresso even more?
Thank you:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Daniellemr2004 - it would look like this:

1.5% FA Espresso
1.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon (Classic works okay, no Tahiti)
1% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.25% FA Caramel

You could use less Espresso if you want. If you want it milder, you could start with just 0.5% or 1% Espresso, then add more if that's too light. Depending on the nic you use, as little as 0.5% might be enough for you.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just made this with what I had on hand. I bet it would be so much better if I had FA Jamaican Rum instead of TFA. I have FA Vanilla Bourbon in vape mail and debated on waiting for it. I tried TFA Vanilla Swirl for a hoot. I only made 10 ml knowing it won't be as good as your recipe.

This was another flavor lesson for me. If I find more uses for Jamaican Rum that I like, then the FA version will move up on my short list of flavors I still really need to get.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just made this with what I had on hand. I bet it would be so much better if I had FA Jamaican Rum instead of TFA. I have FA Vanilla Bourbon in vape mail and debated on waiting for it. I tried TFA Vanilla Swirl for a hoot. I only made 10 ml knowing it won't be as good as your recipe.

This was another flavor lesson for me. If I find more uses for Jamaican Rum that I like, then the FA version will move up on my short list of flavors I still really need to get.

Jamaican Rum is one of FA's very best and most useful flavors - really a star. It should leap up your short list. It's very different from TFA's - even tasty all by itself. Yum rum!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA's very best and most useful flavors
I have seen your other recipes that use the flavor.
It's harder for me to buy another brand of a flavor that I don't currently use that much of. No doubt it's better then TFA's as I'm not impressed with their version.It was one of the first flavors I bought when starting DIY and I still have 1/2 of a 8ml vial left.

You have never steered me wrong in the past, so the flavor is now at the top of my short list of flavors to buy next.

I agree FL_David. TFA's version is awful! It doesnt even resemble Jamacian Rum! Do you have any good recipes for Jamacian Rum? With that being the main flavor?

I love your goldens by the way! I've got one, and hes growing more obnoxious everday! I cant wait for the puppy stage to be over (and I never thought I would say that).

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love your goldens by the way!
Oh, you mean the doggies. We love them both dearly even though they are not golden retrievers, maybe Lacey the one with the toy in her mouth. Both have chow chow mix with something. Misha also has some German Shepard in her. Both were adopted past their puppy stage (yea!) and Lacey was brought home one day before she was to be put down as a non-adoptable. My friend insisted to adopt her. He saw something in her I would have never seen.
Both are happier to see me vaping then smoking.
Puppies are so much work, but then they make it up by being so cute. Enjoy yours as they grow up so fast.

They are both beautiful!!! Im all for adopting. I honestly think when they are "muts" they are much smarter. They not so inbred. Do they like swimming in the ocean? Im going to Florida this weekend and I was debating on weather or not to bring my doggies with me.

VU Sponsors