HIC's HARD CIDER APPLE PIE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Hard Cider Apple Pie recipe: juicy apples with fine oak-aged brandy, hint of exotic spices, savory crust. Tastes a lot like pie made with fermenting apple cider. All flavors here are FlavourArt.

0.75% FA Vienna Cream (for vanilla undertones) or Catalan Cream (for cinnamon undertones)
0.75% FA Walnut
0.75% FA Caramel
0.75% FA Apple Pie
0.75% FA Fuji apple
0.75% FA Brandy (can be doubled for extra booziness)
0.75% FA Oak Wood (makes Brandy ideal)
0.75% FA Cardamom (adds ginger and cinnamon to create a cider flavor)

Shake and vape, but if you let it sit overnight, the cream flavor will come through more. This is a superb apple vape! (If you're using PureVapes dropper bottles, just add 1 drop of each flavoring to 4ml of your nic base - easy and quick.)

Last edited:

captaincannibal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hope it is alright to necro threads here. Didn't see anything about it in the rules and I really think this deserves more comments - this stuff is delicious. I am always struggling to find a good apple vape and this really does it for me.

I don't get much of the "pie" part - FA's Apple Pie to me is mostly spices and a bit of crust. I upped the Fuji just a bit to 1% as well (I like a strong apple base) and this stuff came out fantastic. I'm vaping it mostly fresh. Just a quick 30 minute heat steep on a candle warmer. Can't wait to see what comes out more after it sits for longer.

Any thoughts on the Catalan vs the Vienna? I used Vienna but I'm not really tasting much of it. Figure it'll come out after a longer steep like you mentioned.

Also, Cardamom is always so iffy for me. I always feel like it is too strong in any recipe I try it in. This time I'm surprised by how well it blends in though.

10/10 HIC. I can already tell I'll be ordering all of these flavors in much larger volumes.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hope it is alright to necro threads here. Didn't see anything about it in the rules and I really think this deserves more comments - this stuff is delicious. I am always struggling to find a good apple vape and this really does it for me.

I don't get much of the "pie" part - FA's Apple Pie to me is mostly spices and a bit of crust. I upped the Fuji just a bit to 1% as well (I like a strong apple base) and this stuff came out fantastic. I'm vaping it mostly fresh. Just a quick 30 minute heat steep on a candle warmer. Can't wait to see what comes out more after it sits for longer.

Any thoughts on the Catalan vs the Vienna? I used Vienna but I'm not really tasting much of it. Figure it'll come out after a longer steep like you mentioned.

Also, Cardamom is always so iffy for me. I always feel like it is too strong in any recipe I try it in. This time I'm surprised by how well it blends in though.

10/10 HIC. I can already tell I'll be ordering all of these flavors in much larger volumes.
I haven't mixed this up myself yet, but I think it just made my to do list. In response to your Catalan vs Vienna question, I also find Vienna to be a bit bland but it adds a nice creamy undertone. The vanilla definitely comes through more after a solid 2 week steep in most my mixes. I can also say that adding Catalan if you are vaping at high power, brings the cinnamon of it to the front much much more.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I like the smoothness from Vienna to balance the Brandy. Catalan adds a little citrus-y carmel-y spice, so it goes great in apple pie, too. Both become smoother as a mixed recipe ages, but like you, I shake and vape it immediately. I'm not patient.

I purposely did not use any cinnamon in the recipe, mostly to emphasize the cardamom. Since Catalan has some cinnamon flavor, I use Vienna when I make it, mostly to keep the Cardamom flavor unadulterated. (Vienna Cream and Cardamom are two of my favorite flavors.)

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This looks delicious! I only have the Vienna, Apple Pie and Fuji. I was thinking of trying this with just those three. 2% of each?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This looks delicious! I only have the Vienna, Apple Pie and Fuji. I was thinking of trying this with just those three. 2% of each?

If you can at least add a little touch of (any) caramel or butterscotch, it would be better. Personally I'd use way less Fuji though - it's strong.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you can at least add a little touch of (any) caramel or butterscotch, it would be better. Personally I'd use way less Fuji though - it's strong.
I'm out of caramel.... I'm going to give it a shot. I'll start at 1% ok the Fuji. Thanks!!!

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great!!! Now I gotta add to my to-order list again!! This one looks awesome. Question tho, have you tried this recipe using both of the creams?

-Kingboomer

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Great!!! Now I gotta add to my to-order list again!! This one looks awesome. Question tho, have you tried this recipe using both of the creams?

I have - see post #4 in this thread. (and if you weren't asking me, ignore this)

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup, I must of missed that (and I was asking you ;) )

-Kingboomer

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is awesome! Thanks HIC! I will be ordering the rest of the flavors tonight.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UGH I just (like literally 5 min ago) but in an order with MamaJ's and there I'm missing Walnut and Cardamon. Will definitely try this at some point. I'm going to have to talk to @wllmc about doing a starter kit for FA where you get a 3 ml of every flavor. That way I will have it when you bring out a great new recipe. Thanks @HeadInClouds

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
UGH I just (like literally 5 min ago) but in an order with MamaJ's and there I'm missing Walnut and Cardamon. Will definitely try this at some point. I'm going to have to talk to @wllmc about doing a starter kit for FA where you get a 3 ml of every flavor. That way I will have it when you bring out a great new recipe. Thanks @HeadInClouds
got ya covered buddy :)

VU Sponsors