HIC's GIRL SCOUT THIN MINT COOKIES

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies recipe: just like the real thing - beats every vendor's version out there, so save some $$ and make your own

Drops version (percentage recipe is below)
6ml of your nic base
4 drops FlavourArt Cocoa
3 drops FlavourArt Peppermint
2 drops FlavourArt Cookie
1 drop The Flavor Apprentice Brown Sugar Extra
1 drop FlavourArt Caramel
1 drop FlavourArt Vienna Cream

Same recipe in percentages:
2% FA Cocoa
1.5% FA Peppermint
1% FA Cookie
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

This is best vaped fresh! Don't let it sit around for weeks or the snappy peppermint will lose its pep.
Shake 'n vape!

Last edited:

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right on the MONEY! I handed this to my son..puff..that's a thin mint. He knew it right away lol it's uncanny. Really good HIC thanks a ton for sharing this one man it's awesome!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right on the MONEY! I handed this to my son..puff..that's a thin mint. He knew it right away lol it's uncanny. Really good HIC thanks a ton for sharing this one man it's awesome!
Who's nic are you using Edd?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, that does help. Some use VT and it makes a difference. I still have a bunch of WL nic to go through.

Thanks Edd!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

You're very welcome! Has your son taken enough interest in vaping yet to start smoking less? He's lucky to have you as his personal vape-chef.

@Huckleberried , this is one of my older recipes, designed around the Wizard Labs nic I used at the time. It's great with ANY nic; I still use the same recipe with the Vapers Tek nic I have now.

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're very welcome! Has your son taken enough interest in vaping yet to start smoking less? He's lucky to have you as his personal vape-chef.
At first he quit the smokes all together with me. He has cut way back I would go as far to say he's an occasional smoker. I tried to get him into mixing stuff up too and while he likes to vape I don't think DIY is in his immediate future lol.

HIC's Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies recipe: just like the real thing - beats every vendor's version out there, so save some $$ and make your own

6ml of your nic base
4 drops FlavourArt Cocoa

2% FA Cocoa
1.5% FA Peppermint
1% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

This is best vaped fresh! Don't let it sit around for weeks or the snappy peppermint will lose its pep.
Shake 'n vape!

How do you make 15mls out of this recipe? Does the percentages change? Thanks

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I copied this recipe to my JuiceMeUp calculator and saved it for my next mix. I have different brands of brown sugar and caramel, but FA for the rest.
I am in love with FA's peppermint. It is another flavor I should have bought long ago.

I'll let you know how my mix turns out. It will be some time as I mixed up a whole bunch of new flavors a couple of days ago. Sadly nothing worth sharing unless magic comes through the steeping.

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
WOW!!! I've been wanting to try this for awhile, just got my FA peppermint today and Damn this is good... Thanks so much HIC :)

made this today 60vg/40pg, 6mg/ml nic. used 5ml of flavor in a 30ml batch for 16.67% total flavor. really really good but the mint about knocked me over at that high of flavor %'s I'll probably knock it down to 10-12% total flavor % for the next batch. will make again though! the gf and I both are loving it. thanks HIC! we cant wait to try some more of your recipes.

vape setup: subtank mini .5ohm occ coil on a mech tube

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for posting these recipes, really helps getting started. So I tried to make this as my second DIY flavor tonight and I'm not having much luck. I can taste the individual flavor types such as chocolate, cream, and mint.

The problem is I'm getting this horrible rubber taste. Not burnt, more like a powdered latex glove or a balloon. I did have to use a couple different brands, but I don't know where the rubber is coming from. I'm also getting the same taste in a slightly modified heart of andes recipe, though nowhere near as strong. Not getting this in other flavors so its not any of my bases. VT nic and ecigex pg and vg.

Thin mints
50/50 6mg
FA Cocoa 2%
FA Peppermint 1.5%
FA Cookie 1%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra .5%
TFA Caramel(original) .5%
FA Vienna Cream .5%

Heart of Andes
50/50 6mg
FA Peppermint 2%
TFA Vanilla Bourbon 1%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%

Any ideas what may be going on?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The problem is I'm getting this horrible rubber taste. Not burnt, more like a powdered latex glove or a balloon. I did have to use a couple different brands, but I don't know where the rubber is coming from. I'm also getting the same taste in a slightly modified heart of andes recipe, though nowhere near as strong.

When I taste burnt rubber (ewwww!) its nearly always my hardware, usually a bad coil.
Your percents aren't high, so it's not overflavoring.
Those two have only Vienna Cream and Peppermint in common. I've never heard anyone who though either of those taste like rubber, but maybe you want to try those two on their own to see if something weird is happening with your flavorings.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
made this today 60vg/40pg, 6mg/ml nic. used 5ml of flavor in a 30ml batch for 16.67% total flavor. really really good but the mint about knocked me over at that high of flavor %'s I'll probably knock it down to 10-12% total flavor % for the next batch.

Oh yah - over 16% flavoring with FA is too much for most people! You could just add more unflavored nic base (vg/pg/nic) to that to dilute the flavoring.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not a burnt rubber taste by any means. It tastes and smells like powdered rubber gloves or the inside of a balloon. I'll try and see what I can find out. Maybe it's my droppe bottle, though I don't notice this taste in other flavors. Thanks

It's not a burnt rubber taste by any means. It tastes and smells like powdered rubber gloves or the inside of a balloon. I'll try and see what I can find out. Maybe it's my droppe bottle, though I don't notice this taste in other flavors. Thanks

what vape setup did this happen with? this can happen if you dont prime a coil well enough and the wick material burns some. there is probably zero chance its the juice and almost always its going to be a wick/coil/insulator type issue.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Too much flavoring can cause a funny taste sometimes, although usually it's floral or chemical taste.

Rubber grommets, (in Clearo heads), can burn if you get a hot leg on the coil.
If you rebuild, you will see it on the rubber, but a lot of the new ones are using silicon instead.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's definitely not anything resulting from heat or my setup. You can smell it in the bottle.

Anyway, I figured out what it was. Apparently FA Peppermint smells like rubber gloves to me and my wife. You can smell it in the flavoring itself. My wife describes it as more of a black liquorice, but there is peppermint there as well. That's why the heart of andes had the same smell. It's new from ecigexpress, sealed factory red cap.

Going to try a batch with some FW Candy Cane instead.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Something is very wrong with your FA Peppermint flavoring if it smells like licorice and rubber gloves! It should be a very clean peppermint scent.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Omg... just got my vape mail on today. Mixed this up and is pure bliss. Thanks so much HIC. You continue to amaze us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wanted to try HeadInClouds's recipe, but I didn't have all the exact flavors. I used FW Salted Caramel and Brown Sugar instead at the same percentages. It tastes pretty amazing. I bet it would be super great with the other 2 flavor brands.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds The only ingredient I do not have is the coca. Any recommendations?

Yes - get cocoa. You know that chocolate flavor in the Girl Scout Cookies? And the chocolate of the cookie part of an Oreo? Nothing does that kind of chocolate like FA Cocoa. But it's not one to sub-ohm; like most dark chocolate flavors, it'll singe in too much heat.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC you are going to spoil us all. Those cookies are to kill for and you are making it to where we can vape it. OMG life can't get any better.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As a hoot I changed my Caramel to Capella, boosted the FA Peppermint to 3% and added FA Chocolate 1% with everything the same as HIC's.
Now it tastes closer to an Andes Chocolate Mint then a cookie. I like the extra chocolate flavor.

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
I've been meaning to mix this for months now (too many recipes; too little time) and finally got around to it tonight.

I love Girl Scout Thin Mints, but they've been cut from my diet for years due to diabetes (along with all the other baked goods I used to eat without a care). This is a great, great substitute for those delicious little cookies. HIC, thank you so much.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've been meaning to mix this for months now (too many recipes; too little time) and finally got around to it tonight.

I love Girl Scout Thin Mints, but they've been cut from my diet for years due to diabetes (along with all the other baked goods I used to eat without a care). This is a great, great substitute for those delicious little cookies. HIC, thank you so much.

Vaping pulls me through sugar cravings, too. I'm glad you like it!

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
OMG HIC, I just mixed this up tonight and all I can say is WOW! Best chocolate vape I've ever had! Kick the temp down a little on the VT so it's a nice cool vape and it's amazing! Wonder what this is going to do to my diabetes ... lol.

Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful recipes.

Edited:
but they've been cut from my diet for years due to diabetes
Looks like me and Dan are in the same boat.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Does this happen with all vendors peppermint?

Every one I've tried, and I'm a mint fiend. Peppermint, wintergreen, spearmint, anise, I love it all.
You can just use more to begin with, if you're going to let it sit a long time before it gets vaped.
Keeping it cool helps a lot. Maybe toss it in the fridge if you don't have kids around?

maddawg29501

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

6ml of your nic base
4 drops FlavourArt Cocoa

2% FA Cocoa
1.5% FA Peppermint
1% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

Shake 'n vape!
I didn't have any Cocoa, so I substituted Cap Dbl Chocolate at 3%, and it turned out great. It may lean a bit towards a York Peppermint Pattie with the darker chocolate, but that was fine with me. I ordered some Cocoa, (and some others including Meringue), the other day so I'm gonna have to do your recipe up right and compare.

scrappy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This was my go to vape for a while. One suggestion is to add 1% fa chocolate and 1% acetyl pyrazine as used in some of hic's other chocolate recipes. To me this brought it even closer to the real thing.

Sadly and very regretfully, I no longer make recipes with fa cocoa. While it tastes amazing it absolutely destroys coils and those gritty pieces in it pop into the back of my throat like fireworks. Ouch! Wish they could make a cocoa that is coil friendly, and I dunno what's up with that gritty stuff they put in there, but they do ignite and send little fireballs into your mouth.

VU Sponsors