HIC's GINGER VANILLA CREME BRULEE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Ginger Vanilla Creme Brulee recipe: rich, creamy custard boldly flavored with fresh ginger & vanilla

1% Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger
1% FlavourArt Custard
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1% FlavourArt Fresh Cream
1% FlavourArt Butterscotch
1% FlavourArt Vanilla Tahiti (Vanilla Classic could be substituted)

You'll taste a balance of bright, zippy ginger and rich, smooth vanilla custard - with a hint of crunchy caramelized sugar topping.

If you love ginger flavor, consider making this without the Vanilla Tahiti - for a ginger creme brulee with just a supporting hint of vanilla.

FA's Custard flavor includes a touch of zippy citrus that makes NF's Ginger taste especially fresh, like grated gingerroot. This recipe takes advantage of that effect.

A half-strength recipe is just as tasty to me, but I think most vapers will prefer this one as written above.

Shake 'n vape for zippiest ginger flavor - or let it sit a couple days for a mellower, creamier flavor.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm, maybe I should have a talk with Mrs. C! If she can't convince him, no one can! I was looking around at mixed drinks & oh the possibilities if one has ginger!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a recipe from my Grandma for a melon salad with cantaloupe, honeydew, and musk melon with honey and ginger. Dang, now that I've been thinking about it, I've got to get some Ginger!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a recipe from my Grandma for a melon salad with cantaloupe, honeydew, and musk melon with honey and ginger. Dang, now that I've been thinking about it, I've got to get some Ginger!
Ok, ok... I'm emailing the Mrs.C! I mentioned it to Wllmc last night!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my goodness, just heard back from Mrs. C! I love that woman! She talked Wllmc into sending me his whole stash of 5 ml! Crap I felt awful...I'm like no, no... I can wait, we just want u all to carry it. They are waiting on hearing back from natures flavors on an ok to sell this! So hang tight!

rikitik22

Member For 4 Years
Guys, can't find NF Organic Ginger @ ecigexpress.com. I searched and I believe they only sell it at NF website. Any other vendors selling it? If not I would be forced to diy it with vodka / PGA / PG.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys, can't find NF Organic Ginger @ ecigexpress.com. I searched and I believe they only sell it at NF website. Any other vendors selling it? If not I would be forced to diy it with vodka / PGA / PG.
Mamajsjuice is waiting to hear back from nature's flavors. They have put in an inquiry to sell their ginger. I'm not sure how long the process will take. Ecig express used to sell it, but stopped. Only place I see is Mr themselves currently.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

HIC's Ginger Vanilla Creme Brulee recipe: rich, creamy custard boldly flavored with fresh ginger & vanilla

1% FlavourArt Custard

You'll taste a balance of bright, zippy ginger and rich, smooth vanilla custard - with a hint of crunchy caramelized sugar topping.

If you love ginger flavor, consider making this without the Vanilla Tahiti - for a ginger creme brulee with just a supporting hint of vanilla.

FA's Custard flavor includes a touch of zippy citrus that makes NF's Ginger taste especially fresh, like grated gingerroot. This recipe takes advantage of that effect.

A half-strength recipe is just as tasty to me, but I think most vapers will prefer this one as written above.

Shake 'n vape for zippiest ginger flavor - or let it sit a couple days for a mellower, creamier flavor.

UPDATE: Here's a new, super-easy, 2-ingredient recipe I like at least as much as this one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-ginger-brulee-super-simple.26558/
Does the FA Ginger not work with this? All I use is FA.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA ginger is in the kitchen line - I believe it's an oil, and as such it's not vapeable!
Wish I would have known that prior to my order, LOL! I ordered 10ml of it, so I guess its a waste :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Wish I would have known that prior to my order, LOL! I ordered 10ml of it, so I guess its a waste :(

You're not the only one with 10ml of flavored vegetable oil. Ecigexpress had no warning on their website, though flavourArt does.
Use it next time you stir-fry - it's really great for cooking. (I tried vaping it, for science. Nope, no way. It'll just clog your coils.) I know - bummer!

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're not the only one with 10ml of flavored vegetable oil. Ecigexpress had no warning on their website, though flavourArt does.
Use it next time you stir-fry - it's really great for cooking. (I tried vaping it, for science. Nope, no way. It'll just clog your coils.) I know - bummer!
Flavored Veggy oil! Love it!!! I will def try it next time I stir fry! LMAO!!! I am considering not purchasing from ecig express anymore just because of that! They might have money to waste, but I damn sure don't! Good thing it was only $3! Any suggestions on where to get FA flavors? A lot of sites don't carry everything from FA!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavored Veggy oil! Love it!!! I will def try it next time I stir fry! LMAO!!! I am considering not purchasing from ecig express anymore just because of that! They might have money to waste, but I damn sure don't! Good thing it was only $3! Any suggestions on where to get FA flavors? A lot of sites don't carry everything from FA!

@wllmc at http://mamajsjuice.com/ sells FA now - free shipping over $20 and he ships really fast :)

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I will make sure our website is updated to have similar warnings as Flavor Art. Thank you for the useful feedback guys!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) - given that ecx is clearly a vaping-oriented vendor, why do you even list FA Ginger and FA Oregano?? This is not a matter of ingredients some vapers wish to avoid. These are literally flavored vegetable oil for cooking that cannot be vaporized and are entirely USELESS to vapers.

I submitted this information on reviews for both flavors on your website. Repeatedly! Because they were negative reviews, you (ecx, not you personally) refuse to post them. I assume most negative reviews are similarly never posted; ecx is hardly the only vendor to cherry-pick reviews.

Seriously - if there were any possible vaping use for these flavorings whatsoever, I wouldn't bother posting this. Adding "warning: oil based" to the description half-way down the page is supposed to inform vapers they are buy a bottle of vegetable oil?

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
We began to liquidate our stock of both of those flavors a while back. We will not be carrying these flavors much longer. I appreciate all of your useful information @HeadInClouds - I was personally not aware of it being "useless."

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I will make sure our website is updated to have similar warnings as Flavor Art. Thank you for the useful feedback guys!

Thought that you guys had already started on this, @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) as I know there are a few changes already..
Wish you good luck, I know how inventory is..

We began to liquidate our stock of both of those flavors a while back. We will not be carrying these flavors much longer. I appreciate all of your useful information @HeadInClouds - I was personally not aware of it being "useless."

not all is useless, you just need to know how to use them.. the ginger is perfect for flavoring fruit water.. but not ejuice..
I know you will tackle it and look forward to the changes.. :) ttyl!

ruraldogs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any insight as to whether Flavorah Gingersnap might suffice as a substitute?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Any insight as to whether Flavorah Gingersnap might suffice as a substitute?
(Not from me; I haven't tried it. It it actually tastes like it's named, it would be the right kind of flavor for this, though.)

ruraldogs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
(Not from me; I haven't tried it. It it actually tastes like it's named, it would be the right kind of flavor for this, though.)
It does, HIC - true to the name - pretty potent too, IMO. It takes a few days to settle down. I might halve the directed amount for the recipe and build up, if needed, from there.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I want to try this, but will have to adapt the entire thing to use flavors I have. Just cannot order anything else right now, but it will be on my list for a future order for sure! Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I want to try this, but will have to adapt the entire thing to use flavors I have. Just cannot order anything else right now, but it will be on my list for a future order for sure! Thanks!

NF Ginger is the key. It's great with all kinds of creams & vanillas - whatever you might have on hand.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

1% FlavourArt Custard

Forgot all about this recipe, and have all the flavors.....:wave:

Thanks HIC..!

VU Sponsors