Become a Patron!

HIC's COCOA COOKIES (best chocolate I've ever vaped)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Cocoa Cookies recipe: dark chocolate cookies, not overly-sweet - excellent chocolate flavor

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
1% FlavourArt Cookie
0.5% The Flavor Apprentice Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel
0.5% FlavourArt Vienna Cream

Excellent real cocoa flavor and delicious-smelling vapor trail! Vape this at lower power to avoid scorching the cocoa flavor.

For variations, drop the Cocoa to 1.5% or 2% and add other flavorings - like peppermint, orange, peanut butter, walnut, espresso, hazelnut, Irish Cream - and I'm sure you can come up with other ideas. A favorite of mine is Nutella Cookies: Use 1.5% Cocoa and add 0.5% FlavourArt Hazelnut.

Shake 'n vape!

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so I always vape around 1.2 ohms. this recipe is amazing. decided I wanted to sub ohm today and had my bottles of cookies next to me and said what the heck lets see what HIC is talking about. oh man that cocoa does scorch lol. got me in the mood for cookies tho. filled the kayfun up. vaping these awesome cookies all day. I love this recipe. I make this 30-60 mls at a time. bad thing is everyone always wants to " bum 5 mls" lol. darn juice bums

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think I've ever made these - where have I been? On today's list:)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I've ever made these - where have I been? On today's list:)
once i start i wont stop. got it in the kayfun and 30 ml bottle. Ill vape 10ml a day till its all gone. always have to have a reserve 30ml of this.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so that means no new recipes from me for 3 days lol. I had it out getting ready for work tomorrow but couldn't resist and had to start vaping it today

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMGOMGOMG - heaven!

What have I been missing? LOL I guess I should make a gallon bottle now.....

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
OMGOMGOMG - heaven!

What have I been missing? LOL I guess I should make a gallon bottle now.....
right ! its amazing fresh and only gets better. gets super smooth.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made it with VT nic - I'm pretty sure that makes it absolutely incredible! So glad I ordered some more of that VT.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made it with VT nic - I'm pretty sure that makes it absolutely incredible! So glad I ordered some more of that VT.

This recipe was actually designed around Wizard Labs nic, at 24mg/ml, even. It was a real battle to get Cocoa to do what I wanted, and I was so pleased with these results. So don't hesitate to make this with whatever nic you have!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In light of HICs swiss bliss has anybody added some AP to this recipe?

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Acetyl pyrazine is already there, RyGon - from the FA Cookie.
Ah, I see. Do you know what else they use for cookie along with the ap? Like you said, since I'm not using VT nic I like this one better than the swiss bliss. I think I just don't like FA chocolate.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you know what else they use for cookie along with the ap? Like you said, since I'm not using VT nic I like this one better than the swiss bliss. I think I just don't like FA chocolate.

Heck no, I have no way of knowing ingredients in any flavoring, except what I can detect by scent/flavor. Cookie has a lot of AP, no diacetyl or diketones, and tastes like a cookie - that's all I know.

FA Chocolate is one I don't like standalone at all. But if you think of it as an ingredient - like chocolate liqueur in a cocktail, Hershey's liquid in a bakery recipe, or the liquor part of a candy - then it works very well. If you have chocolate extract in your kitchen, smell it and then smell FA Chocolate. That's it right there. When I use chocolate extract in cooking, it's often to complement cocoa powder, so I frequently use FA Cocoa and Chocolate together the same way for vapes.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never used chocolate extract but I definitely get the hershey's syrup flavor from it. Every time i've used it even at 1% it really stands out to me.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Damnit HIC you should be getting a kick back form the flavoring companies.. I am so going to go broke picking up all the flavors.

That's why I buy tiny samples. And my tiny orders don't even usually get a free sample, much less kickbacks, lol!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Cocoa Cookies recipe: dark chocolate cookies, not overly-sweet - excellent chocolate flavor

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
1% FlavourArt Cookie
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel

Excellent real cocoa flavor and delicious-smelling vapor trail! Vape this at lower power to avoid scorching the cocoa flavor.

For variations, drop the Cocoa to 1.5% or 2% and add other flavorings - like peppermint, orange, peanut butter, walnut, espresso, hazelnut, Irish Cream - and I'm sure you can come up with other ideas. A favorite of mine is Nutella Cookies: Use 1.5% Cocoa and add 0.5% FlavourArt Hazelnut.

Shake 'n vape!
Oh, Mr. H.I.C. please, please tell me I can try this w/ FA rum vs.Brown sugar?? If not perhaps I can vape it w/o the brown sugar. I'll simply lightly coat my tongue & lips with real brown sugar before I vape!!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFA Brown Sugar Extra is one of the "must have" flavors IMO.

But TFA Molasses or TFA Maple might fill in IDK, just a wild guess.
Or maybe FA Marzipan?

I'm sure HIC will give you some ideas...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Oh, Mr. H.I.C. please, please tell me I can try this w/ FA rum vs.Brown sugar?? If not perhaps I can vape it w/o the brown sugar. I'll simply lightly coat my tongue & lips with real brown sugar before I vape!!

Ms D, you can try anything you want! Brown Sugar Extra gives FA Cookie a baked-brown-edges flavor, so I use them together often. You won't get that effect if you leave it out or use Rum...

With Rum you'd probably taste cocoa-rum-soft-cookie, probably quite sweet. With a little extra rum, it might be like a rum ball. Give it a shot! (but put brown sugar on your gotta-have list for great cookies.)

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
1% FlavourArt Cookie
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel

Shake 'n vape!

THX Hic. This is the greatest recipe ever :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently vaping the nutella cookie while drinking a mocha. This is excellent. Great to vape with morning coffee. I'm weird, I can drink a mocha...just 1, but I have yet to purchase fa espresso or tirasumi. I tasted two vapes prior to diy and awful to me. Personal preference, just can't vape it. Man oh man this is some good cocoa. Thank you for sharing!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ms D, you can try anything you want! Brown Sugar Extra gives FA Cookie a baked-brown-edges flavor, so I use them together often. You won't get that effect if you leave it out or use Rum...

With Rum you'd probably taste cocoa-rum-soft-cookie, probably quite sweet. With a little extra rum, it might be like a rum ball. Give it a shot! (but put brown sugar on your gotta-have list for great cookies.)
Yum! I loved my grandmother's rum balls! Time to experiment!!!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know lots of folks like swiss bliss. But this is the best Chocolate vape ever.

This goes in a tank built to 1.2 ohms or more. Vape it at a lower wattage and it can go all day. As soon as my order including brown sugar comes in, I'm mixing a big bottle.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This goes in a tank built to 1.2 ohms or more. Vape it at a lower wattage and it can go all day. As soon as my order including brown sugar comes in, I'm mixing a big bottle.

As someone who doesn't sub-ohm or come close to it, I really appreciate when people add specifics like this - thank you!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As someone who doesn't sub-ohm or come close to it, I really appreciate when people add specifics like this - thank you!

HIC, do you drip at all? It would seem such a convenient way to sample when you are building a flavor.

I don't build below .5, even in a dripper. But I love the flavor from a dripper.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, do you drip at all? It would seem such a convenient way to sample when you are building a flavor.

I don't build below .5, even in a dripper. But I love the flavor from a dripper.

Nope, I don't. I'm just not interested in messing with it. My way wouldn't be convenient for most, but it's perfect for me.

Nope, I don't. I'm just not interested in messing with it. My way wouldn't be convenient for most, but it's perfect for me.
Would .5 ohm be too low to vape the cocoa cookies with? I didn't read through the whole post and tried putting this on my .2 ohm dripper. Lol it wasnt good.

Last edited:

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.5 might work. I try at least an .8 or .9 though. And yes, cocoa and chocolate will burn.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find when I add coco, if it is below 1.0 ohm it tastes off and the lower I go the more metalic and crap it tastes.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would .5 ohm be too low to vape the cocoa cookies with? I didn't read through the whole post and tried putting this on my .2 ohm dripper. Lol it wasnt good.
Yikes! If that was a mech mod you were vaping on, would be a bit much wattage for FA Cocoa vape, IMO. I found 20 watts to work tons better.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, you weren't kidding about the lower voltage tasting better! The cocoa comes blasting through for me in a glass tank at a mere 3 volts! Much higher (at least on the relatively unreliable iStick and a 1.8 ohm coil) and I lose the cocoa flavor. This is fantastic. I can't wait to try some variations with fruit.

Added: although, actually, sometimes as I vape it I am tasting a subtle fruitiness--mixed exactly as written--which I don't know how to account for based on the ingredients.

Last edited:

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have made this recipe today, but doubled up on the ingredient %. I will give it a try in a week (when fully steeped) and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the great Recipes

Mark

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Put this in my nautilus mini instead of Atlantis because didn't want to scorch it. Vaping at 10 W at 1.8 ohms. Pretty yummy

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up some of this (with a couple of subs as I didnt have everything eek!) not touching it for a week but it smells real good. Thanks to all you guys for sharing the knowledge you have and expanding everyone else's horizons. On FA's H2OMG at the moment (similar to Snake Oil) which is really nice ADV material. New to this but know a bit about flavours and near everything I mixed so far is better than 90% of what you get from the shops ready made lol.

...which is nice. :)

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC- would tpa dole de leche work in this i dont have fa caramel, gotta order some..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC- would tpa dole de leche work in this i dont have fa caramel, gotta order some..

I'm sure it would - and would just use that at 0.5%. It'll probably taste sweeter and softer-baked.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy crap, I just made the nutella version, but only made the 5ml as a test batch. Lemme look, is there a 5,000ml bottle around here somewhere??? MUST HAVE MORE....:p

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
1% FlavourArt Cookie
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel

Shake 'n vape!

HI, I was wondering. Where I get my supplies at. They have Brown Sugar (not extra I don't think) http://www.diy-ejuice.com/Brown-Sugar-by-TFA-TPA-p/tpa-brownsugar.htm Could this still be used cuz I would like to try this recipe on my next order.

Heck no, I have no way of knowing ingredients in any flavoring, except what I can detect by scent/flavor. Cookie has a lot of AP, no diacetyl or diketones, and tastes like a cookie - that's all I know.

FA Chocolate is one I don't like standalone at all. But if you think of it as an ingredient - like chocolate liqueur in a cocktail, Hershey's liquid in a bakery recipe, or the liquor part of a candy - then it works very well. If you have chocolate extract in your kitchen, smell it and then smell FA Chocolate. That's it right there. When I use chocolate extract in cooking, it's often to complement cocoa powder, so I frequently use FA Cocoa and Chocolate together the same way for vapes.
i just got cocoa and chocolate from fa, and they are very dark, and i'm worrying about gunking coils. I vape in a tank around ~.2ish ohms. when you mix it would you say it is more amber? or dark amber? I just got my bottles too, and i'm going to experiment mixing single flavors before i try mixing them together. i've been mixing my own ejuice on and off for a couple years and then i'd smoke again on and off, ugh. lol i'm determined this time to stay off the cancer sticks, but i need to find a juice i can vape all day, everyday.

VU Sponsors