Become a Patron!

HIC's BROOKSIDE (dark chocolate pomegranate)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Brookside recipe: like Brookside brand's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candies)

2% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Pomegranate
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream

Brookside brand's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candies are "smooth dark chocolate with a soft, sweet pomegranate fruit center." This is a pretty tasty vape version. Shake 'n vape!

Last edited:

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed this up a couple of days ago, substituting the FA with TFA Pomegranate Deluxe.
Very, very tasty. I happen to have some dark chocolate pomegranate candy in the pantry, and this recipe is spot on!

I think I'm going to try this with the Bilberry as well.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I mixed this up a couple of days ago, substituting the FA with TFA Pomegranate Deluxe.
Very, very tasty. I happen to have some dark chocolate pomegranate candy in the pantry, and this recipe is spot on!

I think I'm going to try this with the Bilberry as well.

Oh yeah! Any of FA's dark fruits/berries in any combination will be tasty: Forest Fruit, Blackberry (start low), Pomegranate, Bilberry, Black Currant (start low), Black Cherry, maybe Raspberry if with a stronger one. Those Brookside candies don't last long in this house, but I can always mix juice to vape.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Brookside recipe: like Brookside brand's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candies)

2% FlavourArt Cocoa

Brookside brand's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candies are "smooth dark chocolate with a soft, sweet pomegranate fruit center." This is a pretty tasty vape version. Shake 'n vape!
Mr. HIC, this is damned delicious! Tm I'm trying your lemon meringue pie

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Four months later, and I'm still mixing this one up on a regular basis!

@HeadInClouds
I'm about to run out of Pomegranate Deluxe (TFA). When I reorder, is there a good reason to step away from TFA and go with the FA? I've been happy with the TFA so far, though this is one of only two or three recipes I use it in.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Four months later, and I'm still mixing this one up on a regular basis!

@HeadInClouds
I'm about to run out of Pomegranate Deluxe (TFA). When I reorder, is there a good reason to step away from TFA and go with the FA? I've been happy with the TFA so far, though this is one of only two or three recipes I use it in.

I actually have both TFA Pomegranate and FA Pomegranate. FA might be a little stronger. FA's has a more realistic flavor, in that the sweet and tart bits are both there. To me, TFA has none of that tart bit. As a major ingredient, I'd pick FA every time. As a minor addition, it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping this right now. Ya know I've never ate pomegranate...saw it for the first time last week in store...buying one next time I go because I sure love vaping it! So good HIC!:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Vaping this right now. Ya know I've never ate pomegranate...saw it for the first time last week in store...buying one next time I go because I sure love vaping it! So good HIC!:D

Have you ever had pom juice? It's some powerful stuff; I think FA captured the flavor very well.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you ever had pom juice? It's some powerful stuff; I think FA captured the flavor very well.
No, no Pom fruit or juice...but loving the vape flavor. Guess I'm branching out from my vanillas & cloves! HIC not selling nf ginger anymore at ecig express.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC not selling nf ginger anymore at ecig express.

I know. You can get it directly from NF, but it's a big bottle and not cheap.

I've been trying other ginger flavors. Flavor West's is passable but fairly weak. Ecigexpress has a "Flavor Express" version that is HORRIBLE! Avoid that one. If you find a different one you like, do tell!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping this now @ 60/40 vg/pg after a warm water bath, many shakes, and relaxing to room temp for a few hours. Kind of tart, almost bitter, and such a fun vape. This is (was) uncharted territory for my vape palate. It's a little weird for an ADV for me but I'll be visiting this often.

I'm probably judging this too soon (and I've never tried brookside candies) but I think for my next mix of this I'll swap out .5% of cocoa for some FA chocolate. I don't know that flavor (arrived today) but my caveman logic agrees. Or add another .5% cream? The extreme of cocoa vs. pom on the exhale is so fun I don't want to upset that too much. (measure carefully!)

With my atty at .7 ohms, I turn my box down to 20 watts for this one from my usual 30w. Since it's low, the TH is under what I usually want. I may up the PG to help, in which case I'll be very tempted to add some sucralose. I have Bilberry FA to sub as well. Much excite.

Last edited:

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh thanks for bumping this up.

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
Just made this @ 70/30 vg/pg and shook the heck out of it. Since I happened to have some of the candy available, I decided to check the vape against the candy. Pretty damn spot on!

Thanks, HIC.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just made this @ 70/30 vg/pg and shook the heck out of it. Since I happened to have some of the candy available, I decided to check the vape against the candy. Pretty damn spot on!

Thanks, HIC.

Thank you for trying it and posting! Somehow the candies evaporate right out my cupboard, but I really enjoy snacking and vaping the same flavor, too.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed as written, and damn this is good! I've been vaping it for the last 10 hours and I keep getting the craving to go buy candy.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Oh wow i can't believe i forgot to mix this, I got the Pomegranate a week ago.
Thx for the reminder HIC. Im sure this will be nice!

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how does vaping chocolate and cocoa work on sub ohms? My wife has an Atlantis and she Vapes with a .5 at 20 watts. I haven't fixed her such Vapes because I'm afraid it will burn.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So how does vaping chocolate and cocoa work on sub ohms? My wife has an Atlantis and she Vapes with a .5 at 20 watts. I haven't fixed her such Vapes because I'm afraid it will burn.

I always recommend starting with low power with Cocoa in particular, especially when there's over 1% of it. Is post #15 of this thread any help?

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

2% FlavourArt Cocoa

Whuuuut? Shake and vape chocolate? How is it on coils (wear and tear)?

Man, you need to be BANNED because you are starting to cost me money! :eek:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Whuuuut? Shake and vape chocolate? How is it on coils (wear and tear)?

Man, you need to be BANNED because you are starting to cost me money! :eek:

Every chocolate flavoring I've ever used (except white choc) has been dark in color and tougher on coils than pale-colored flavors. At 2%, yeah, you'll need a fresh coil sooner than usual. For sure. If I'm going to have to deal with that, it has to be a danged great flavor, and FA Cocoa is! I almost always use it with Chocolate, but you don't even need that here. Such a simple recipe. Go buy your Cocoa before you ban me. :D

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just made this with 2% bilberry,isit's quite nice if anyone was wondering.
I agree! In my opinion, the best way to vape this is alternating between a tank with bilberry and a tank with pomegranate. It's like snacking out of two different bags of Brookside flavors at the same time. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
brookside.png 20120309burukkusaido.gif
I've never seen dark choc mango mangosteen! But I'm not sure that sounds good.
The orange and the raspberry Brookside are probably great, too. I'd use just 1% FA Raspberry for rasp version, 2% Orange for orange.

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 24598 View attachment 24599
I've never seen dark choc mango mangosteen! But I'm not sure that sounds good.
The orange and the raspberry Brookside are probably great, too. I'd use just 1% FA Raspberry for rasp version, 2% Orange for orange.
Oh Wow.... I have never tasted those flavors either, but they do sound great and thanks for the suggestions. I guess now I'll have to branch out (and load up more tanks).

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, so, I figured I'd try this recipe, Made it 2 nights ago. WOW, it's all I've been vaping for 2 days now!!!

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How does the flavor change over time as it steeps?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not much at all, maybe a little smoother because of the Vienna Cream.
Thanks, I'm going to mix up a small batch tomorrow. I just did your thin mints yesterday. Thanks for letting me enjoy these things that I love the flavor of but not allowed to have

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors