HIC's BLACK STAR COLA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Black Star Cola recipe: Some kind of FlavourArt black magic turns this combination into a sweet, bright, bubbly, juicy cola.

2% FA Cola
1% FA Blackcurrant
1% FA Anise
1% FA Citrus Mix

shake and vape! Do not steep with heat, or Anise will fade away. Fans of strong flavoring, try 1.5% instead of 1% for the last three flavorings.

FlavourArt 'Black Fizz' flavor of disposable e-hookas uses Cola with Citrus Mix. Citrus Mix includes pink grapefruit, orange, lime, and lemon flavors. It makes Cola extra brisk and sparkly.

Blackcurrant is one of FA's very best fruit flavors - just like real blackcurrant nectar and the flavor in cassis liqueurs. Star anise sweetens it and adds bright minty coolness, like a spash of anisette in your citrus-berry cola.

The 'whole' is even tastier than the sum of the parts, with this flavor combination. Coke ought to make this!

Last edited:

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh Hic you dun dun it now. This sounds awesome but I don't have citrus mix. Any suggestions on recreating something close?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap , "YES" , i cannot believe it , i actually have one of those flavors and it's the main one , the FA Cola , thats never happened before , unfortunately for me though is the Cola that i have is the smallest sample there is.

So small in fact that it's not even labeled , smaller than my dram size Loranns , it looks like it could be a quarter dram size, anyways very pleased regardless , need the other three though.

Thanks HIC

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Oh Hic you dun dun it now. This sounds awesome but I don't have citrus mix. Any suggestions on recreating something close?

Do you have Grapefruit, either Lime, Lemon Sicily, Mandarin or Orange? Cranberry is another I think would work as citrus here. You could use a combination of whatever citrus you have, little 0.25% bits of each. They all go well with Cola and Blackcurrant.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Holy crap , "YES" , i cannot believe it , i actually have one of those flavors and it's the main one , the FA Cola , thats never happened before , unfortunately for me though is the Cola that i have is the smallest sample there is.

So small in fact that it's not even labeled , smaller than my dram size Loranns , it looks like it could be a quarter dram size, anyways very pleased regardless , need the other three though.

Thanks HIC

FA Cola is such a good one, VH. If I had only a quarter dram (you got a 1ml sample?) I'd probably vape it plain around 3% -- while waiting for my refill to arrive :)

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC's Black Star Cola recipe: Some kind of FlavourArt black magic turns this combination into a sweet, bright, bubbly, juicy cola.

2% FA Cola
1% FA Blackcurrant
1% FA Anise
1% FA Citrus Mix

shake and vape! Do not steep with heat, or Anise will fade away. Fans of strong flavoring, try 1.5% instead of 1% for the last three flavorings.

FlavourArt 'Black Fizz' flavor of disposable e-hookas uses Cola with Citrus Mix. Citrus Mix includes pink grapefruit, orange, lime, and lemon flavors. It makes Cola extra brisk and sparkly.

Blackcurrant is one of FA's very best fruit flavors - just like real blackcurrant nectar and the flavor in cassis liqueurs. Star anise sweetens it and adds bright minty coolness, like a spash of anisette in your citrus-berry cola.

The 'whole' is even tastier than the sum of the parts, with this flavor combination. Coke ought to make this!
I did this substituting forest mix for blackcurrant and lemon for citrus mix. It was awesome. Now my son wants vanilla cola .... any hints as to which vanilla to add? I was thinking 1% vanilla classic FA, and maybe decreasing the anise to 0.5%?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I did this substituting forest mix for blackcurrant and lemon for citrus mix. It was awesome. Now my son wants vanilla cola .... any hints as to which vanilla to add? I was thinking 1% vanilla classic FA, and maybe decreasing the anise to 0.5%?

Classic would be the one to use for a Coke, for sure.
I'd try 3% Cola with 1% Vanilla Classic to start.
Though I don't remember anise flavor in Vanilla Coke, it wouldn't be out of place. Maybe 0.5% for just a little cool-th?

Here's a fun idea factory: http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/...-flavors-from-the-coke-freestyle-machine.html
I'd love to have that in my den! edit: p.s. FA Cola is great with FA Raspberry

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Classic would be the one to use for a Coke, for sure.
I'd try 3% Cola with 1% Vanilla Classic to start.
Though I don't remember anise flavor in Vanilla Coke, it wouldn't be out of place. Maybe 0.5% for just a little cool-th?

Here's a fun idea factory: http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/...-flavors-from-the-coke-freestyle-machine.html
I'd love to have that in my den! edit: p.s. FA Cola is great with FA Raspberry
Man, you're fast. and Yes, it would be fun to try all those flavors!!!!

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC's variation of Vanilla Cola:
FA cola: 3%
FA vanilla classic: 1% (I went up to 1.5%)
This ended up being perfect for our taste :)
thanks for your help

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm pretty impressed by FA's cola. Previous to it, the only Cola (flavoring wise) I liked was Red Cola by Hangsen. However Hangsen tastes more like the bottle caps candy whereas the FA, to me anyway, tastes more like legit Cola. May have to try this recipe out with something in place of Citrus Mix as I don't have it. (I have lemon, lime and orange so maybe I'll just do a mixture with those to replace it)
Which brings me to another topic.... but I'm going to post that question in a separate thread (don't want to "jack" your shit.... lol)

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm pretty impressed by FA's cola. Previous to it, the only Cola (flavoring wise) I liked was Red Cola by Hangsen. However Hangsen tastes more like the bottle caps candy whereas the FA, to me anyway, tastes more like legit Cola. May have to try this recipe out with something in place of Citrus Mix as I don't have it. (I have lemon, lime and orange so maybe I'll just do a mixture with those to replace it)
Which brings me to another topic.... but I'm going to post that question in a separate thread (don't want to "jack" your shit.... lol)
We really enjoyed it with lemon Sicily and forest mix, lol. Next time I might try cherry (I only have black cherry right now), or lime. This recipe seems very versatile. I agree with you about the cola. That's why I thought about adding a drop of anise to even this cola, just to cut the cola-y taste ... but that's my taste.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I hated Lemon Cola/Pepsi (anyone remember that shit?) so I don't know. Kind of worried about adding lemon. I love the taste of cola in vapes. One of my favorite premade juices is a pretty complicated Cola done by the vendor mixing up a bunch of random flavors which resulted in a very tasty Cola. Flavors that you would never imagine creating a cola flavor. It's crazy the way things work

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
One of my favorite premade juices is a pretty complicated Cola done by the vendor mixing up a bunch of random flavors which resulted in a very tasty Cola. Flavors that you would never imagine creating a cola flavor. It's crazy the way things work

You can do that, too! I've played with flavorings to mimic recipes like this: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Cola-Syrup/ and they do make convincing copies. I've never gotten any results near as good as FA Cola, though.

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I hated Lemon Cola/Pepsi (anyone remember that shit?) so I don't know. Kind of worried about adding lemon. I love the taste of cola in vapes. One of my favorite premade juices is a pretty complicated Cola done by the vendor mixing up a bunch of random flavors which resulted in a very tasty Cola. Flavors that you would never imagine creating a cola flavor. It's crazy the way things work
Speaking of different tastes, lol, I LOVED the lemon cola. I have been known to hang a lemon wedge off my glass in the summertime. That said, you could potentially add all kinds of flavors and enjoy it.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Made a variation of this last night and so far I like it. It tastes like cola where none of the additional flavors stand out a whole lot. However, the additional flavors give it an extra something it doesn't have by itself.
2% Cola
4% Black Currant (TFA)
1% Absinthe (TFA, don't have anise)
1% Orange, Manderin and Lime (don't have citrus mix, all FA)

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dragging this thread up just to say HOLY SHIT! FA Cola is one of the more magical flavors I've tried in awhile. I didn't even try it standalone. I received it along with 19 other FA flavors last night. Couldn't stop myself from trying a Rum and Coke (Rum being another new arrival).

Sidebar - I have learned/remembered that I am fucking awesome at mixed drinks. Translation - they are WAY too damn strong. Vape "drinks" don't have the in-your-face booze that I'm used to but my Rum and Coke does have an uncanny "cokeness". I did 3% Coke and 1.5% Rum. I think. I have a bad habit of throwing something together, vaping it, then writing down what I should have done. I'll work on that.

Anyways, now onto what I'd like to change about FA Cola...
I try to avoid drinking soda in general but when I do, I drink Pepsi or Coca Cola. There's a minuscule something missing so far from FA Cola (for me). Maybe it's only because I mixed it at 3% and should have went for 4%? Or maybe it needs one drop of black cherry? Caramel? Black Currant? WTF? It just seems like there's one layer or facet missing. The "brown" is there, fizz is there, most of the flavor is there but it tastes ever so slightly watered down. OOOOOOOO it's like getting a fountain Pepsi but the syrup is about to run out! I'll try 4% Cola and 3% Rum next and see what's up. I'll be sure to report back. Thanks for sticking with me. o_O

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love the FA cola...one of my two favorites so far along with FA espresso.

I need to get more flavors though to try these more involved mixes...ive been doing simple 2 flavor mixes with the cola so far with FA black cherry.. FA regular cherry...And tried some TFA vanilla cream as well..Everything ive mixed so far with the FA cola is just a pleasant vape.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Somehow I hadn't seen that one yet. Thanks for the link HIC!

Even though I've had FA Cherry for awhile now (and used it a few times), Black Cherry is what I was thinking to add. Black Cherry came in last night as well and I've only smelled it once. Starting to trust the ol' smeller more now! That's a really big deal for me. I used to do industrial maintenance work and lost most of my sense of smell due to chemical exposure about 10 years ago. Feeling pretty good about myself right now hehe. Gonna strut off and test out this Rum and Coke one more time. :)

Black Cherry will be added Saturday. Got a double shift tomorrow to contend with. Directly back to mixing after that.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've used it with Black Cherry. It's good. Like a cherry cola

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to mix this with aurora instead of citrus mix and the fizziness is amazing.will try original recipe when new cm gets here but this is my fave fizzy soda mix yet.gotta love the freebies

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to imagine that he''s obsessively working on the one recipe that will unite all vapors . A delicate but robust recipe that will just be called hics mix and will have a flavour profile unimaginable to us mere humans ...or just busy .

VU Sponsors