Become a Patron!

HIC's Asian Sesame Candy

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(note: if you use this, please make a little batch the first time. I removed this recipe because I decided it simply isn't great enough to justify the diketone level, but some were upset about that, so here it is again.)

HIC's Asian Sesame Candy recipe: sweet sesame-based candy, like something from the Asian market

1.5% Inawera Sesame (likely contains diketones)
1% Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger (may contain diketones)
1% FA Mandarin
1% FA Vanilla Classic
0.5% FA Honey

This combines two popular Asian candies: sesame honey brittle, and chewy ginger-mandarin candies. The sesame is lightly-toasted, white sesame seeds, which brings a nutty flavor to this recipe. You'll also taste sweet and spicy ginger with a hint of mandarin orange. Honey-vanilla 'brittle' ties it all together into an exotic and tasty candy that's not overly-sweet.

If you like Chimes ginger candies, Gin-Gins, and/or sesame brittle, give this a try!

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh man Im in ! i need to order a couple of those flavors

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have Inawera Pina Colada - when I first got it, some time ago, it was very good standalone. I have a shopping cart running at EcigExpress righ now, because it's the only place I can find FA Cucumber and Black Pepper!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do have Inawera Pina Colada - when I first got it, some time ago, it was very good standalone. I have a shopping cart running at EcigExpress righ now, because it's the only place I can find FA Cucumber and Black Pepper!

What do you do with Black Pepper? VERY intriguing. I'm a glutton for mixes with off the wall flavors...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wllmc has a recipe with cucumber and black pepper in the recipe thread. I have black pepper and cucumber in a shopping cart!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Mine is from Vaperstek. I don't know who else carries Sesame, but more should!

Last edited:

dmall

Member For 4 Years
HIC's Asian Sesame Candy recipe: sweet sesame-based candy, like something from the Asian market

1.5% Inawera Sesame
1% Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger
1% FA Mandarin
1% FA Vanilla Classic
0.5% FA Honey

This combines two popular Asian candies: sesame honey brittle, and chewy ginger-mandarin candies. The sesame is lightly-toasted, white sesame seeds, which brings a nutty flavor to this recipe. You'll also taste sweet and spicy ginger with a hint of mandarin orange. Honey-vanilla 'brittle' ties it all together into an exotic and tasty candy that's not overly-sweet.

If you like Chimes ginger candies, Gin-Gins, and/or sesame brittle, give this a try!

I am a mostly VG vaper, I usually use at least 5% FA flavoring. I have never worked with Inawera before. My Nic is in VG as well. Is this recipe in PG or VG and do you think I need to increase the percentages, I like a LOT of flavor and I am a dripper. Thx

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If you have FA's new orange flavors, use 1% Royal Orange (for the sweetness) and 0.5% or 1% Blood Orange (for bold orange flavor) instead of Mandarin. Inawera Sesame isn't very sweet, so that combo does better than just Mandarin. Of course, the trick is finding Inawera Sesame now. Don't make the mistake of using their "Sesame Sweets" flavor - it's not a sweet version of Sesame like you'd think (in fact, it's pretty gross).

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of course, the trick is finding Inawera Sesame now. Don't make the mistake of using their "Sesame Sweets" flavor - it's not a sweet version of Sesame like you'd think (in fact, it's pretty gross).

Ugh, of course there had to be a catch. *sigh*

VU Sponsors