HIC's ANNA'S GINGER THINS

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Anna's Ginger Thins recipe: This tastes like the real thing: wafer-thin, ginger-spiced, delicate, Swedish cookies that melt in your mouth. They're made with white sugar; If you're looking for the traditional flavor of gingersnaps made with brown sugar, use this other one instead.

1.5% FA Cookie
1% Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
optional 0.25% FA Clove*

*If you don't have FA Clove, you can use TFA Pumpkin Spice for similar flavor.
If you don't like clove, you can use TFA Holiday Spice for nutmeg flavor instead.
You can also just leave it out. The real cookies have just a little hint of clove flavor.

If you like ginger as much as I do, buy a box of the real cookies to nibble as you vape this - and sip some ginger tea.

shake and vape for strongest ginger flavor - or let it sit a day for the best flavor-match to the real cookies

Last edited:

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You need to stop posting recipes that use NF Organic Ginger! I can't find it in stock anywhere, driving me crazy!

Edit: Just found it directly on their site, without diacetyl also! 2oz minimum but screw it, order placed.

Edit #2: Just noticed that the one without diacetyl isn't the organic one though...Now I'm questioning myself...F it, ordering both!

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
You need to stop posting recipes that use NF Organic Ginger!

lol, Botboy! Actually did that intentionally, since a few people ordered it (or planned to) for apple cider. Just so there would be something else to make with it. Someone mentioned finding it at ejuice4u.com , but they have $5.99 (I think) flat rate shipping, sorta high for 1 bottle.

That NF Organic Ginger is an awesome flavor. It's also good to make 'ginger ale' flavors taste right. Too bad FA's Ginger is in vegetable oil - oh, well.

Regarding and diacetyl-related claim on FW's webpage...no comment, lol.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have Flavor Express ginger , I hope it works.

Their description sounds encouraging - very sweet, like NF's. Too bad no reviews are posted! Please let us know what you think of it; if NF has gotten hard to find, an alternative would be nice. I hope it's great!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
did someone say ginger?

ginger.jpg

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh man I love these

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
edited, @Botboy141 I found out it's [probably] a tea and coffee flavoring. An ECF forum supplier posts a flavor invoice for social approval here for example. Also:

NF product page: "Ingredients: Organic Flavors, Vegetable Glycerin, and Organic Ethyl Alcohol." Matches the ingredients of HIC's source (ejuice4u.com). Also from the NF product page (first link):

"... they will mix into Glycerin, and Propylene Glycol solutions even better than our Organic Flavor Extracts."

There's a no diacetyl version here, but it's not described as organic... it also has "natural" flavors. I would think we want that version. On the NF company store site bestflavors.com, this apparently identical product is also being marketed as "for vaping" - no diacetyl, not listed as organic.

The difference between the two products' ingredients is "natural flavors" as opposed to organic flavors.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you, @Laughmore for all the links to clarify! I didn't know about that bestflavors site.

You could copy that post (or link to it) anywhere ginger flavoring is mentioned; I know a lot of people would find that useful. There really is no other ginger flavor like it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are these those cookies that are sold at world market around thanksgiving xmas?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Are these those cookies that are sold at world market around thanksgiving xmas?

I think World Market has them, but I find them much cheaper at Big Lots now and then. They're these:
images.jpg

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh - those are Nyakers . Here they are at Cost Plus. They're also Swedish ginger snaps, probably very similar.

Nyakers ingredients: Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable margarine, sugar syrup, sodium bicarbonate, Cloves, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder
Anna's ingredients: Wheat Flour, Vegetable Margarine, Sugar, Invert Sugar Syrup, Leavening, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves.

(So if you make the vape version, be sure to include the clove)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh - those are Nyakers . Here they are at Cost Plus. They're also Swedish ginger snaps, probably very similar.

Nyakers ingredients: Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable margarine, sugar syrup, sodium bicarbonate, Cloves, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder
Anna's ingredients: Wheat Flour, Vegetable Margarine, Sugar, Invert Sugar Syrup, Leavening, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves.

(So if you make the vape version, be sure to include the clove)
I tend to stay out of world market/cost plus.
To much cool shit, to much nom tastic foods.. i spend way to much there.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... about that bestflavors site...
I happened upon it and noticed they only carry one brand - in the "about us" it's mentioned the NF CEO owns the store. Bestflavors.com is not mentioned on the NF manufacturer site. Hmms. Shrugs.

@HeadInClouds you changed my vapeworld bro, glad I could be helpful!!

Last edited:

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is there a difference between FA's cinnamon and cinnamon Ceylon? looking on e-liquid mart they only have cinnamon, looking on e-cog express it says cinnamon Ceylon

edit* trying to order all my stuff from same place :)

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is there a difference between FA's cinnamon and cinnamon Ceylon? looking on e-liquid mart they only have cinnamon, looking on e-cog express it says cinnamon Ceylon

edit* trying to order all my stuff from same place :)
It's the same, FA only makes one cinnamon. ;)

VU Sponsors