HIC's AMARETTO DISORANNO

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Amaretto Disoranno recipe: Disoranno with a touch of cream - no 'custard note' ingredients

0.75% FlavourArt Almond
0.75% FlavourArt Marzipan
0.75% FlavourArt Vanilla Bourbon (FA's other vanillas will not make authentic Disoranno flavor)
0.75% FlavourArt Caramel

Mix well and vape.

Amaretto flavorings I've tried were too harsh and didn't capture the flavor of my favorite brand, Disoranno. They also all contain diacetyl/substitutes I try to avoid. FA doesn't make amaretto flavoring, despite being Italian, but they do make all the flavors to DIY a version that beats the other brands.

If you like it as much as I do, and if you plan to use it often, make a custom flavoring bottle. I used 1 ml of each flavoring and labeled it 'Amaretto, standalone 3%'. Now I can vape Disoranno with cream, make fancy amaretto-based cocktails, decorate my coffee vapes, spike my tiramisu, and so on. I even dropped some of this flavoring in my morning cup of coffee, very nice.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yay! I've found another recipe that's foolproof! This is lovely. I haven't tried amaretto liqueur (of any brand), though I have tried one amaretto flavored vape, and it was quite sharp and liquor-like, as you mentioned. My mom adores this flavor, so I had mixed it with her in mind, but find I am really enjoying the mild, creamy, sweet and nutty qualities of this recipe.

Thank you :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never put alcohol in a vape for the sake of diluting VG or altering the finish, and I thought this one would be a nice time to try. In learning about Amaretto to determine the best spirit to use, I was surprised to discover the liqueur is often based of apricot pits

Not sure if I should use vaping as an excuse to pick up some vodka (vanilla?) or rum (clear?) to start tinkering with, know of a good resource to read about this?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
In learning about Amaretto to determine the best spirit to use, I was surprised to discover the liqueur is often based of apricot pits

...time for my useless trivia. The second most popular Amaretto in Italy is literally an extraction (probably the wrong term for the process) of a popular, very old brand of amaretti cookies. You know, those crunchy, ball-shaped cookies, often individually wrapped. I dug a little regarding that company's cookie recipe and found they use only apricot kernels, no almonds at all. Lots of other Italian amaretto liqueurs include some apricot kernels in their process (for the bitter-almond flavor). There's some regulations on it, because it's a toxin if too much is used.

trivia #2... There's an peach or apricot tree variety called "sweetheart" (or similar) that has edible kernels without the usual toxin.(Like an almond inside the pit, and peach outside... those plants are all very closely related)

Regarding your actual question, play vodka works okay, but alcohols with sugars can wreck your coils.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm having fun with a mix of this +1% Fresh Cream, and tag-teaming with Brookside in the same atty. Brookside is very dominant of course but the Amaretto makes it fluffier... fun And in more nuanced ways I would only notice at low watts (relative to usual sub ohm w/mech) Maybe a waste of Amaretto but I made a vial of premix so no worries! weeeee

As I switch back to Amaretto, there's a very brief moment, before Amaretto becomes dominant, where the tastes are equal, and it's especially interesting - fleeting though.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
As I switch back to Amaretto, there's a very brief moment, before Amaretto becomes dominant, where the tastes are equal, and it's especially interesting - fleeting though.

Why not just combine the two mixes? Nothing to stop you, if you like them together.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm LAZY. .And my plan was to try a bunch more of your recipes, and then mix up a few hundred ml's of happy ADV before experimenting beyond simple adds and subs. There's more half filled vials of test mixes that need to get vaped or modified than I'd like around here, and these brand new 5ml FA samples are precious.

I go through these phases. The mixing/research bug is strong with me now, and I'm riding it hard. Need a second job and once I land one I'll be too busy/tired to fit DIY into the daily swing, maybe not cross my mind for weeks. Having mixes that I love like your Lemon Meringue Pie stocked in my cabinet is security for my future.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm LAZY. .And my plan was to try a bunch more of your recipes, and then mix up a few hundred ml's of happy ADV before experimenting beyond simple adds and subs. ... Having mixes that I love like your Lemon Meringue Pie stocked in my cabinet is security for my future.

When I have time/energy/motivation, I mix recipes as flavoring only (like this). Then it's just one bottle + unflavored nic base to mess with when I want to vape it. I rarely make big batches of finished juice, because it might sit for months, and I don't like "steeped" (I call it stale) liquids.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, after a good steep this is really delicious. It might be good as a shake and vape too, but mine has set for a few weeks and it is awesome. Thank you again.

domyz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried this at 1% of each (underflavoured at 0.75 for me) , and it was more almond than amaretto. It's for sure hard to turn a somewhat boozy drink into a flavor. Still close, and very good to me. So amaretto is made with apricots and almonds... did someone try FA Apricot in this? I wonder how it would get it closer to the actual amaretto. I'm currently using FW Amaretto, but if I can find something that works for me with all FA flavors, I will use that recipe instead. I ordered apricot to test it.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh man I've taken a week off from my own concoctions and been on an HIC binge this week, but this one..... oh this one!
I think I'll park here for a while.

Such a sucker for almond and the Vanilla compliments it so well in THIS ONE

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm looking at this and I'm thinking 0.2% fa tiramisu or even a few drops FA espresso :)

VU Sponsors