Become a Patron!

Hi! Tom here from Rockwall, TX

Tom Phaneuf

Member For 5 Years
I am extremely excited to see the launch of Vaping Underground! I smoked since age 17 shortly after I enlisted in the Army. Smoked anywhere between a half pack to a full pack a day (and sometimes more) ever since. Tried vaping back when it first came out with the cigalike and it was just horrible. My sister-in-law bought it and it was insanely expensive. A buddy of mine had been vaping for a while and I just blew it off as some sort of fad. But after seeing him stick to it for month after month and thoroughly enjoying it, my wife and I decided to give it a shot. So, on Super Bowl Sunday back in February 2013, we decided to pick up kits. We got butt raped and paid about $180 for 2 1100 Mah ego batteries, chargers 2 30ml's and 2 T3 clearos. But, it quickly turned into a hobby and about 4 iHybrids and at least a dozen other mods, RBAs and RDAs later, we are firmly enjoying the warmth and helpfulness of the Dallas/Ft Worth-area vapers who have been an absolutely amazing group of folks.

I understand that putting this site together took a lot of time and effort, and you all have my heart felt "thank you" for all that you do to advance this community!

Vaper Dyana

Bronze Contributor
That sucks you got ripped off with your starter kit.. But in the end it was totally worth it!! :) Glad you found your way to the forum!! Enjoy your stay! :)

Tom Phaneuf

Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much Vaper Dyana! Honestly, even at $180, it was well worth it for the health benefits alone. I just had no idea that the same stuff could be had for less than half. God knows that I've blown much more than that on other mods and things that I didn't need (but were super freaking cool LOL). I think if every smoker was willing to dice out $180 for a 60%+ chance to quit smoking, they'd jump at the chance. It's just ridiculous the anti-ecig propaganda bullshit that is floating around out there. In hindsight, it was definitely more of a blessing than a curse.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile