Become a Patron!

hi guys, new and very confused

what ups guys i have been vaping for 2 days nows and have only had 5 cigs in those 2 days. i smoke normally a pack a day.

so i went to the local vape store and picked up a smok infinix pod device. the guy recommended sonoran salts as they have the NIC salts. its currently at 20mg. not sure if because that all he had idk.

this is where i get confused, the "juice" can have nicotine just not as much as the juice with "salts" correct? and i can use mostly any juice except deep ohm correct?
i tried reading but got spun around as there is alot of info and devices and types.

i was hoping someone could point me to a place where i could get some juice. i googled and found places but dont trust any of them, so i ask you guys.
appreciate it and thanX in advance

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and congrats on cutting back so much :wave:

this is where i get confused, the "juice" can have nicotine just not as much as the juice with "salts" correct?

You can vape fairly high with just Nic or with Nic salts - the salts make the nicotine less harsh tasting and lessens what we call throat hit

can use mostly any juice except deep ohm correct?

Sub ohm refers to the coil (the part that makes vapor out of juice) - most people who sub ohm cannot use high nicotine juice because it gets very hot and the throat hit gets harsh - but there are some people who sub ohm and vape high Nic and like it just fine

Tons of confusing stuff out there, but we will all try to help you sort it out and help you find your way

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and congrats on cutting back so much :wave:

You can vape fairly high with just Nic or with Nic salts - the salts make the nicotine less harsh tasting and lessens what we call throat hit

Sub ohm refers to the coil (the part that makes vapor out of juice) - most people who sub ohm cannot use high nicotine juice because it gets very hot and the throat hit gets harsh - but there are some people who sub ohm and vape high Nic and like it just fine

Tons of confusing stuff out there, but we will all try to help you sort it out and help you find your way
THIS...and welcome aboard...:vino:.....congrats on just about quiting the coffin-nails....:wave:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cut down slowly like that too.. it's a good way to work up your chutzpah to putting them down completely -- once you see that you can get by just fine with only 1 or 2 a day, it makes it easier to see that you could most likely get by without them, too (as long as there is vaping!). :)

Welcome!
Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome and congrats!!!

I switched over pretty much immediately some 6-7 years ago.
I did t cold turkey, because I was going into the hospital and didn’t have a choice. Nic salts weren’t a thing yet; but neither was higher wattage vaping, really.
I started with a 12w mod, and a simple single coil tank, using 18mg nic. The setup, immitated a cig pretty much identically. So much so, that even now, I’ll use that same exact tank from time to time. I was using a 12mg juice from a company called pink spot- the flavor was ry8, and tasted a lot like a Marlboro red; at least to me. The whole combination let me leave a 2 pack a day habit behind without any stress. If you’re starting with a higher power, you won’t necessarily want that high a nic. Again, I can’t speak to the nic salts.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope some of that helps just a tad.

As to where to buy juice: I make my own now, but there are plenty of good shops online. The ones at the top of my head:
Eciggity
Yetivape
Vapingwatch
Dominantvapor
101vape
Madcow vapors

wow thanX guys/gals..
so basically in easy terms something with salts would be like smoking a marlboro light '100 cigarette (less harsh) and something without salts would be like smoking a pall mall filter-less?
i always smoked reds and marlboro blacks which are on the harsher side, and i enjoy that. i found myself today puffing on this device a few times trying to find that feeling.
and with that in mind if i go to a no salt juice i should lower the nic level as it will be a lot harsher correct?
@JuicyLucy when you mention nic, that a special juice or just a juice with nicotine and no salts?
example of what i mean: double espresso juice with a 70/30 pv/vg ratio @1.2% nic level
(i pick 1.2 cause its i think 18mg, less stronger than my 20mg sonoran salts)
sooo many questions, lol
really sorry to bother, i appreciate the help and hope i can return it someday too.

Just Lil Clouds

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome :cheers:

There is lots of info on this forum and lots of people that will help. Just take it one day at a time.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
12mg is a pretty steep drop in nic. If you like th you will be fine with the straight nic. I would maybe get a 12mg flavor that compliments your other juices in case the 18mg gets to be too high. You can use the 12mg to dilute the 18mg. Nic and nic salts are the same strength per mg. You can get very high mg salts (50mg) so you don't get a too harsh throat hit. Everyone's tolerances and needs differ regarding nic. Just experiment until you find your personal sweet spot. ***When we refer to nic we are only referring to the nicotine, not the juice as a whole.

Welcome to VU and vaping!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Then stick with just nic. Yeti juices have good flavor but were harsh to me so you'll probably like them. That1Vape has good juice and are having a 20% off sale code is MOM.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
thanX to @f1r3b1rd looking at yeti-vape .
@Letitia9 wow thanx for that, what i meant was a 18mg without salts (ex. http://yetivape.com/yeti-turbo/) would that still have a bite as i enjoy the throat hit like a cigarette but really as long as im getting a "healthier" source of nic im not picky
using the 20mg salts i find myself puffing a few times to get the throat hit

If you want that "bite" stick with the nic salts.

If your plan is to totally switch to vaping then the nic salts will help.
Then after you are done with the cigarettes for a few months (or weeks depending) you may want to look at reducing your nicotine level.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20mg salt juice in a pod type system is very low so of you want that throat hit, get some 30/35 to 50 mg salt juice.

My wife got a suorin air with 35mg juice and it has throat hit.

Best I can tell, 20mg in the pod style is like 3mg in subohm. 30/35 is like 6mg and 50 is like 9mg

The subohm devices put out a lot of vapor which carries the nic, you don't need a lot of nic.
Pod style puts out very little vapor so you need a much higher nic level.

50mg will get you light headded in a few puffs and you are tapping out, 30/35 you can have what you were used to with a smoke, a 3 to 5 minute session before you start to turn green from too much nic :D

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nothing to add beyond the advice above ...so Welcome aboard
:vino:

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't really DTL vape high nic juice unless you're one of those people that take a vape with longer periods in-between. 6mg ejuice has enough nic to get you sick if vaping like a fiend. I like the 3mg stuff because I can vape as much as I want and not get sick. Nicotine in ejuice is per a ML so if it was 3mg 6ML would be a little more than a pack of Marlboro kings.

sorry guys been busy as i just started a second job and forgot my password, lol. first of all crykees m8's thank you for all the feedback and help.
so i went with a 18mg banana cream from yeti vapes. no nic salts as for flavors it seems to be tropical, menthol, and custard flavors only.
i like the throat hit and yes it seems to take a little longer before i dont want that "cig" or release of anxiety/stress or just natural habit lol. im smoking a real cig in the morning and one at night before bedtime. i have converted 2 other people from smoking :stars2:donating my current device to a friend to quit smoking

was wondering if anyone could recommend a different vape, one with a solid battery and good "ninja vaping" lol. im a kitchen cook at a very high volume establishment, so if i can jump of the line for a quick puff it cant be a big cloud of vapor. it doesnt have to be a pod system either.
current device: smok infinnix, 3ml pod system, 250mAh battery.
my issue is leaking and battery life. forgot to charge it before work and it died on me.was charged fully that a.m., i work at 4pm..
and to be honest im going to be getting another one after replacing this one. ill have one for work (ninja) and one for home (non ninja)
EDIT: forgot to mention i randomly get juice in my mouth from sucking too.

looking into devices:
Aspire breeze 2 =1000mAh battery 3ml tank
SMOK vape pen 22 = 1650mAh battery ??tank

i would rather hear from people than a dang ad any day!
appreciate all the help and would like to thank all of you..

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
sorry guys been busy as i just started a second job and forgot my password, lol. first of all crykees m8's thank you for all the feedback and help.
so i went with a 18mg banana cream from yeti vapes. no nic salts as for flavors it seems to be tropical, menthol, and custard flavors only.
i like the throat hit and yes it seems to take a little longer before i dont want that "cig" or release of anxiety/stress or just natural habit lol. im smoking a real cig in the morning and one at night before bedtime. i have converted 2 other people from smoking :stars2:donating my current device to a friend to quit smoking

was wondering if anyone could recommend a different vape, one with a solid battery and good "ninja vaping" lol. im a kitchen cook at a very high volume establishment, so if i can jump of the line for a quick puff it cant be a big cloud of vapor. it doesnt have to be a pod system either.
current device: smok infinnix, 3ml pod system, 250mAh battery.
my issue is leaking and battery life. forgot to charge it before work and it died on me.was charged fully that a.m., i work at 4pm..
and to be honest im going to be getting another one after replacing this one. ill have one for work (ninja) and one for home (non ninja)
EDIT: forgot to mention i randomly get juice in my mouth from sucking too.

looking into devices:
Aspire breeze 2 =1000mAh battery 3ml tank
SMOK vape pen 22 = 1650mAh battery ??tank

i would rather hear from people than a dang ad any day!
appreciate all the help and would like to thank all of you..

I have always had good luck with aspire stuff in general. We are currently on a pre order wait which will likely yield one of these devices in the summer. If you happen to get one somewhere do please share your thoughts. I personally will find out eventually if its any good but there are folks elsewhere curious about this device.

Do wish you all the best in quitting and finding your ninja vape to keep the stinkies away.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nothing to add other than to say good luck on kicking the smokes.
I vape rather high freebase levels at higher wattages at times because of the throat hit, got to have it lol. 10mg @ 50-100 watts. My friend at the vape shop wanted to hit my mod (.13 build on a tube) coughed his brains out :teehee:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
The Kroma & Zenith kit are pretty popular. Might like the Sinuous P80 single 18650 and pair it with a Kanger Toptank or a Zenith. Pocket friendly and reliable. Congrats on getting down to two a day.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m a cook, too!

I bring a lot of different devices to work, but the one I use when I’m on the line is the Joyetech Penguin. Good battery life, big tank(7ml I think?) and very light....no sagging chefs pants!

Congrats on almost quitting! Keep at it! Soon the last two smokes will disappear......

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
sorry for spamming the like button, but i never have been in a forum with this much support so quickly, so kudos to ALL

No apologies... you’ll find all the help you could want here. Everyone is here for the same reason, to help, share and learn together.

I’ve never had a bad experience with an aspire product.

I was a chef for 20 years... at the time I was using an innokin mvp2. They are way underpowered for today’s Dtl toppers; but, carried a 5000 mah internal battery.

If it were me, I would get one mod and 2 tanks. One tank for lower power, mouth to lung, higher nic and low clouds - something like a nautilus mini; which, vape more like a cigarette smokes.
I would also get a second tank for more clouds and higher power - if that’s something you want to play with.
You can then switch tanks and keep using the same mod.

Being that you’re a chef in a high impact area, I would look at the geekvape aegis. The thing is ultra durable with plenty of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I’m a cook, too!

I bring a lot of different devices to work, but the one I use when I’m on the line is the Joyetech Penguin. Good battery life, big tank(7ml I think?) and very light....no sagging chefs pants!

Congrats on almost quitting! Keep at it! Soon the last two smokes will disappear......

I was going to suggest the Joyetech Penguin SE Edition too!
Lightweight , easy refillable pod that holds 8.8 mls of juice, quick charging, vapes great.
8Vape has a great sale on these just bought another one for my hubby who uses these for work.

https://www.eightvape.com/products/joyetech-atopack-penguin-special-edition

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello and welcome to VU!

I'll just tell you what I'd do, if I were you and knew what I know now, k?

You want to be able to do two different kinds of vaping - one that's "stealth" for work, and a big-ole cloud blowing thing for home. That's MTL (mouth-to-lung) pro-ohm (coils above 1 ohm resistance) at work, and DTL (direct-to-lung), sub-ohm (coils below 1 ohm resistance) at home. If you find a mod that will handle around 100 watts, you'll be able to do both with the same device - however - your sub-ohm vaping is going to go through batteries and juice much, much quicker than pro-ohm. MTL you might run your mod at 10-15 watts; DTL will be anywhere from 20-60+ watts, depending on the recommendations for your coil.

eLeaf makes a Pico device that uses a 21700 battery. You can get probably another 20-25% or more battery life out of a 21700 than from an 18650 (basically 18650 is the standard battery size used in most single-battery mods). A 21700 would probably get you through a work shift of DTL vaping with a little to spare after you get home, but you'd want a second battery so you can switch out.

The Aegis that another poster recommended would be a good choice for you, too, I think. Those mods can be heavy, though, but they're sturdy too.

Then, you'll need a DTL tank and an MTL tank. It gets a little more difficult to make recommendations because tastes and likes are so individual. There really aren't all that many good MTL tanks out there any more that can be purchased locally, but then, I may just not know about them because I try to stick to tanks that use either Nautilus or Atlantis coils (those are both tanks manufactured by Aspire). I haven't bought Kanger, Smok, Joyetech, or Innokin tanks in years.

If you could find an Aspire Triton Mini, that would be a decent MTL tank, durable, coils readily available, can use either Triton Mini or Nautilus coils. The regular-sized Triton is a good DTL tank, built like a brick house, uses Triton or Atlantis coils. Problem is, you'll have to really look for both of these, because they're hard to find. Aspire has moved on to "fancier" tanks that have coils that are much more expensive, and I don't go there because I'm just too stingy.

Whatever mod you decide to get, make sure your tank fits properly onto it. You don't want to get a mod that's 22mm wide and a tank that's 26mm wide. Also be aware that if you buy a tank that has temperature control coils in it, your mod has to support temperature control. Most of them do now, but you just want to be sure.

One last thing. You'll want different juices for MTL and DTL, even if they're the same flavor. A good place to start might be 50/50 pg/vg with 12mg or 18mg regular nicotine for MTL, and 30/70 pg/vg with 3 or 6mg regular nicotine for DTL. If you mess up and vape your MTL juice in your DTL tank, and you start having the sweats, you've taken in too much nicotine and need to slow it down. It isn't a good idea to chain-vape 18mg juice in a DTL tank running at about 60 watts. Good way to make yourself sick.

And one MORE last thing. Don't vape your tank dry. You'll burn your coils, and consequently your money, right up.

Good luck staying off the smokes. Vaping is a learning process, but it's well worth the time to learn. Lots of help here, so you're in the right place.

VU Sponsors