Become a Patron!

Hi from Victoria, Australia

G'day my fellow peers!

I'm a 34 y/o man living in rural Victoria.

I've been vaping for a relatively short time - maybe 5 months tops. I tried vaping prior to this but wasn't using nicotine fluid(s), also I had purchased the cheapest type of stick vape available, and was dissatisfied with it leaking all the fluid, so I gave the vape to one of my mates who wanted it, and didn't bother giving vaping another look. That was until I learned about nicotine fluid. I was ignorant of the possibility of vaping nicotine until I was told about it, and since then I've managed my addiction quite well with a variety of vaporizers.

I've just begun using RDA type vapes. I'm currently using the WISMEC Luxotic BF "squonker." I purchased this vaporizer along with the Stick X8, by SMOK. The two get me through a long day of vaping 3mg fluids. I had a SMOK Majesty with a Cloud Beast King tank on it but it was stolen about a week ago, so these vapes replaced that one - let that be a lesson to us all regarding letting others use our vaporizers! I'm replacing this in a few days with the Sigelei Top 1 RDA kit from a little-known vape shop in Daylesford called Victory Vape. It's a fair hike from where I live but it's also the closest shop I have with such a wide selection of stock, besides the owners, Steve, and Stacey, have been orsm to work with, often giving me heavy discounts or simply giving me the items I've needed. I think they felt for me that the Majesty I'd bought there was stolen due to my trusting nature. Check them out if you have the means, they also post at the correct price of about $8.50 Australia wide.

So, for you who think I'm trying to sell you this store, I am, but I'm only a customer of theirs, so pls refrain from calling my introduction spam, as I will refrain from further mentioning of their store. I'm simply a vaping enthusiast, and want to share my interest in this with like-minded people such as yourself. Take care, and vape safely!

See you on the boards :)
Ciao.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome JC to the Underground good to have you with us :cheers:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Sorry to hear about your setup getting stolen. Some people...:cuss2:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome jedi :wave: Glad you found a shop that treats you right. Starting out can be frustrating, at times, so they were instrumental in helping you quit. It's understandable that you'd want to sing their praises.

Have fun!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome jedi :wave: Glad you found a shop that treats you right. Starting out can be frustrating, at times, so they were instrumental in helping you quit. It's understandable that you'd want to sing their praises.

Have fun!

It is refreshing to hear about a vape shop that dispenses good info and are not a bunch of greedy imbeciles putting newcomers in danger

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-

Glad you signed on!

:wave:

It's good to be here. Apologies for not responding for so long, my life has been quite busy of late, plus I wanted to allow a few days to get some members on board with the welcomes - much appreciation to KingPin; jwill; gopher_byrd; JuicyLucy; Huckleberried; and, SnapDragon NY. You've all made me feel welcome and happy in my decision with this forum. See you on the boards. :)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi jedi

Awesome another Australian, I am from South Australia.
I will check out your friends store
Glad that you were able to quit the smokes
So bloody expensive too
I was so happy that I discovered vaping back in 2012 .I tried everything to quit, but nothing worked. Patches, gum etc
Vaping made it easy, and it is a lot of fun
Yes, you need the nicotine especially in the beginning
Leanne

Hi Leanne, I used to live in SA. I love people there. So friendly - possibly because smoking xxxx has been decriminalized. I've quit the xxxx, personally, but I have no objections to those who are managing to smoke it, without suffering from paranoia, etc. Then I think it's maybe not right for them.

Are you still vaping with nicotine? I can't imagine vaping without it - at least not for any prolonged period.

Agree, vaping has been the most effective NRT I've found to date - and it's still the cheapest one of them, that I've come across.

All the best.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Leanne, I used to live in SA. I love people there. So friendly - possibly because smoking xxxx has been decriminalized. I've quit the xxxx, personally, but I have no objections to those who are managing to smoke it, without suffering from paranoia, etc. Then I think it's maybe not right for them.

Are you still vaping with nicotine? I can't imagine vaping without it - at least not for any prolonged period.

Agree, vaping has been the most effective NRT I've found to date - and it's still the cheapest one of them, that I've come across.

All the best.
Im near good ole Victor H
Yes I am still using nic, down from 12mg to 3mg
Nicotine is not the dangerous thing it's cracked out to be.
I don't do xxxx, but it's really hip now, maybe I should lol, J/k
I checked out your mates website, they have a lot of gear, and range of coils, tell them to get diy for juice makers, I am a flavor junkie, can never have enough flavors lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcoming Just Lil Clouds!

Im near good ole Victor H
Yes I am still using nic, down from 12mg to 3mg
Nicotine is not the dangerous thing it's cracked out to be.
I don't do xxxx, but it's really hip now, maybe I should lol, J/k
I checked out your mates website, they have a lot of gear, and range of coils, tell them to get diy for juice makers, I am a flavor junkie, can never have enough flavors lol.

I started out on 16mg, and am down to 3mg. I browsed a thread here from someone who doesn't smoke but was looking into starting up vaping, and come across some interesting posts in there which all seemed to concur on a simple idea that nicotine on its own isn't all that addictive. As in, it's more habit forming, like that of caffeine. Is this true? If it is, I feel confident that I could stop vaping over the course of a short period of time. And that would be amazing for me, as I'm motivated to staying clean and living more healthy. Are you able to confirm this to me?

As for Victory Vape, I'm going there this afternoon, and would be more than happy to inquire about DIY flavorings. Have you checked out www.liquidnicotinewholesalers.com ? they offer flavorings and all that sort of thing (such as PG, VG, and nicotine 100mg fluids.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the welcoming Just Lil Clouds!

I started out on 16mg, and am down to 3mg. I browsed a thread here from someone who doesn't smoke but was looking into starting up vaping, and come across some interesting posts in there which all seemed to concur on a simple idea that nicotine on its own isn't all that addictive. As in, it's more habit forming, like that of caffeine. Is this true? If it is, I feel confident that I could stop vaping over the course of a short period of time. And that would be amazing for me, as I'm motivated to staying clean and living more healthy. Are you able to confirm this to me?

As for Victory Vape, I'm going there this afternoon, and would be more than happy to inquire about DIY flavorings. Have you checked out www.liquidnicotinewholesalers.com ? they offer flavorings and all that sort of thing (such as PG, VG, and nicotine 100mg fluids.

I can't confirm that about nicotine, but I read the same thread as you, maybe someone who does know can answer? I have also heard that in some illnesses, it is actually good in some way. I think maybe it is a little bit addictive like caffeine?? I have a friend who no longer adds nicotine to her juices, and she told me that she couldn't tell any difference. It is up to the individual. If you want to get off it, start vaping 0mg nic, but still have a tank with nic as a backup. Slowly reduce the number of times you vape the nicotine. You are doing so well to be down to 3mg.
I get my nicotine from mixology vapes new Zealand. I get my supplies from many different vendors, Australian ones, Bullcity Flavors in USA, and some gear from fasttech China. What's the postage like on that Arizona one you mentioned like?

I can't confirm that about nicotine, but I read the same thread as you, maybe someone who does know can answer? I have also heard that in some illnesses, it is actually good in some way. I think maybe it is a little bit addictive like caffeine?? I have a friend who no longer adds nicotine to her juices, and she told me that she couldn't tell any difference. It is up to the individual. If you want to get off it, start vaping 0mg nic, but still have a tank with nic as a backup. Slowly reduce the number of times you vape the nicotine. You are doing so well to be down to 3mg.
I get my nicotine from mixology vapes new Zealand. I get my supplies from many different vendors, Australian ones, Bullcity Flavors in USA, and some gear from fasttech China. What's the postage like on that Arizona one you mentioned like?
$26 but the fluid is so well priced that I still stand to save money, only I need to order several bottles at a time. Also, there's quite a delay in receiving my order, and they have stuffed up my order before - I ordered 100mg nicotine fluid in a 60ml bottle and was sent a bottle of PG. Quite frustrating!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
$26 but the fluid is so well priced that I still stand to save money, only I need to order several bottles at a time. Also, there's quite a delay in receiving my order, and they have stuffed up my order before - I ordered 100mg nicotine fluid in a 60ml bottle and was sent a bottle of PG. Quite frustrating!
Yeah, I would be annoyed if they stuffed up. I get my nic from https://www.mixologyvape.co.nz/shop/unflavourednic/unflavoured-nicotine-100ml/
It's 100mg in 100ml for $25 aud. Shipping is $15, but free over $100. I usually buy a few bottles and get the free shipping.
I don't know if you can do the maths, I can't right now lol, been doing bookwork all day.
Do you make your own juice? That saves a lot of money, and it is addictive fun.
I don't mind paying shipping when I get flavors from USA, I still save money than if I purchased the same here. I just make sure I fill the cart right up to postage limit. I usually buy from Australia, only when I can't get what I want.

Yeah, I would be annoyed if they stuffed up. I get my nic from https://www.mixologyvape.co.nz/shop/unflavourednic/unflavoured-nicotine-100ml/
It's 100mg in 100ml for $25 aud. Shipping is $15, but free over $100. I usually buy a few bottles and get the free shipping.
I don't know if you can do the maths, I can't right now lol, been doing bookwork all day.
Do you make your own juice? That saves a lot of money, and it is addictive fun.
I don't mind paying shipping when I get flavors from USA, I still save money than if I purchased the same here. I just make sure I fill the cart right up to postage limit. I usually buy from Australia, only when I can't get what I want.
I haven't got into making my own fluids, but I seriously considered it, when I noticed that site I mentioned, is selling hazelnut flavor "additive." I've tried a few flavors with hazelnut and loved most of them. Hazel, by The Milkman is exceptional. I visited Victory Vape, in Daylesford, today and managed to only purchase a 3 pack of coils for the X Baby Q2 tank which is standard on many current SMOK vapes, including the vape I'm using the SMOK Stick X8.

I had to return my recent RDA vape which is the WISMEC Luxotic (single coil, single battery), because it simply wasn't firing, although I set it up properly and it was working for a short time - maybe two charges. Someone is going to be there tomorrow who is capable of "looking at" vapes, and might be able to work out what's wrong with it. Tbh, I've had a bit of an epiphany with my vaping, and have decided to get off the vape as soon as I'm able to reject the odd cigarette - which would lead to smoking again. So this stick vape is going to become my crutch until I'm able to give it up entirely. Do you think I ought to stay around the boards, here, or scoot off, since I'm on the verge of quitting...

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aww don't be so hard on vaping, it is getting you off ciggies. Don't rush it, and just cut it back slowly. I would be inclined to have vape on hand just in case you get a craving and have a meltdown. You don't want to go back to cigs. It is up to you if you decide to stay in the forum's, lots of knowledge here, and the people are really helpful. But all the best for everything. It is hard changing lifestyle, quitting smoking did get easier for me when I started vaping.

Thanks LeanPipe, I suppose I'll stick around, at least until I'm completely off the vape. Thank you for your advice of keeping a vape on hand. I would certainly be looking for a cigarette, if the cravings struck me, and I had no alternative, such as vaping. I'm borderline ready to stop entirely. Just that nagging voice which tells me I need nicotine - especially in the mornings.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, just don't overthink it. Just take it day by day.
And be kind to yourself, you sound like a nice bloke.

VU Sponsors