Become a Patron!

Hi from the UK

RichH

Member For 1 Year
:xmaslights: Firstly, best wishes to all over the Christmas holidays, Happy Christmas. :xmaslights:

I’m based in southern England, in West Sussex. I decided to pretty much get off smoking rollups and allowed myself the occasional tobacco pipe, something I still enjoy sat around a campfire while camping out. Vaping has filled the gap and I’m increasingly enjoying the advancements in the industry. What drew me here is the thread on the somewhat complex and expensive SXmini G Class from Yihi. I wasn’t about to drop a big bundle on it until I’d ripped the Internet ragged on whether the returns are worth the money. I have to say I’m in love with my blue Kevlar version currently sporting the SMOK TFV12 Prince. Sure is a good looking combo.

Toying with getting a Freemax Mesh Pro carbon fibre to attach, but I’ve so many tanks and spare coils I need to use a few first. UK law now limits our tanks to no more than 2ml, about 4 puffs on the triple mesh probably, it’s ridiculous. I’ll have to get a bubble glass for it.

Mods so far, Coolfire lV, Tesla Stealth, Asmodus Minikin, Sigelei 150 TC, Rofvape Witcher 75w, SMOK X-Priv, SMOK X-Priv Mini. I’ve had it with SMOK mods now, one X-Priv overheated in my carry on bag and melted. Dealing with SMOK customer services was akin to talking to a brick wall, and the replacement that arrived after several months of ignored tickets and emails gets hot even while switched off, so I’m currently going through the same process again.

Anyway enough waffling, it’s 22.50 here and I must finish my ale and get myself off to bed, big family day tomorrow. :goodnight:

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Merry Christmas - and welcome to VU :hohoho:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

You get what you pay for I guess. Some have had great luck with Smok, others not so much. I've never used Smok devices so I can't say one way or the other.

Merry Christmas! :santasnack:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the forum:wave:

:santasnack:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Merry Christmas and welcome to VU Rich

RichH

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

You get what you pay for I guess. Some have had great luck with Smok, others not so much. I've never used Smok devices so I can't say one way or the other.

Merry Christmas! :santasnack:

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Just edited my OP, my SMOK mods are X-Priv, not G-Priv. Nice looking boxes, but I seriously don’t trust them.

Kind of scary this happened while I slept.

0014-DBDF-AD4-D-4-B53-BC92-D6-D0-F5-CE9-FC9.jpg

And even scarier the replacement gets hot at the base even when switched off. SMOK boast 6 safety features, 4 of which are over discharge, 12 sec cutout, overheat, and short circuit protection. Well, that‘s BS, and very dangerous BS too. No reply to the ticket yet either. :headbang:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Just edited my OP, my SMOK mods are X-Priv, not G-Priv. Nice looking boxes, but I seriously don’t trust them.

Kind of scary this happened while I slept.

0014-DBDF-AD4-D-4-B53-BC92-D6-D0-F5-CE9-FC9.jpg

And even scarier the replacement gets hot at the base even when switched off. SMOK boast 6 safety features, 4 of which are over discharge, 12 sec cutout, overheat, and short circuit protection. Well, that‘s BS, and very dangerous BS too. No reply to the ticket yet either. :headbang:

How did it melt like that?
Maybe there was some sort of short in the metal bar between the two positive terminals.
It looks like the whole positive terminal got really, really hot.
Is that the bottom of the mod?

The replacement that gets hot, is it in the same area as the one in the pics?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Maybe there was some sort of short in the metal bar between the two positive terminals.

My guess is the USB ...leaving it charging overnight by chance?

Either way rich stop using that POS mate you have much better mods in your line up

RichH

Member For 1 Year

I use a reputable battery company, Fogstar. The guy who owns it travels out to the factories that produce the Samsung’s, LGs, etc and buys direct to avoid any chance of fakes. He batch tests each batch prior to sale.

No affiliation etc, but any UK vipers who don’t know about Fogstar really ought to.

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/

I use an Xstar 4 bay charger like this.

4-D8027-E5-FB14-4-A79-B9-B4-3-F524-D614365.jpg

Because I also run multi 18650 lights like this :shades:

4-F359-BD6-B620-4696-9900-F17257395201.jpg

6-D04077-F-DB6-A-473-A-B0-C8-C0-B61-BB3-E75-F.jpg

Yes, it’s the bottom of the mod that burned. I only use USB on mods that have contained batteries, otherwise all are charged on the Xstar and charge rates compared for a happy marriage. I was off to France for a few days so I charged two of Fogstar’s 3000maH and installed them. I wrapped the mod in a paper towel to catch any leaks from the aircraft pressure changes and put it in a plastic bag in my carry on. Up early the next morning and the house stank of burnt chemicals and the mod was blackened and bricked.

It took literally months to get a replacement from SMOK, and about 10 minutes after inserting a couple of LGs I felt it warming up at the same end.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Shame about the Smok mods.

VU Sponsors