Become a Patron!

hi all..pleas help me..

i’m new to this..
i quit smoking cigarette 2weeks ago and buy istick pico 25..

last week i buy vls rda...

my questions are..

vls rda is okay to use it with pico 25.? and is it safe?

i plan to buy pre build coil low in ohm..
like .20 or less .10
am i doing the right thing.?
is it okay to use that kind of coil.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think the pico is made for low ohm builds like that. There's a lot more science to it than throw some batteries in and vape it up. Research is your best friend. I suggest a lot more research on your part and learn ohms law before you jump into anything so we don't see you on the news blaming vaping for your batteries venting or worse

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't think the pico is made for low ohm builds like that. There's a lot more science to it than throw some batteries in and vape it up. Research is your best friend. I suggest a lot more research on your part and learn ohms law before you jump into anything so we don't see you on the news blaming vaping for your batteries venting or worse

sorry i’m really new to this..

that’s why i ask for help...

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Start with a .5Ω single coil until you understand better. I'm miserable at providing links, maybe @KingPin! can stop by and give a couple of things to read. Congratulations on giving up smoking! Two weeks is great, not an easy thing to accomplish even with vaping.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sorry i’m really new to this..

that’s why i ask for help...

Oh yeah it's not a problem at all. We were all new at one point. But I'm no good at links either but I'm sure someone will chime in . Definitely ohms law though. You can just Google that. Making sure that your build isn't so low that it draws more amps than your batteries can safely put out. Like I said research. YouTube has tons of videos you can watch.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i’m new to this..
i quit smoking cigarette 2weeks ago and buy istick pico 25..

last week i buy vls rda...

my questions are..

vls rda is okay to use it with pico 25.? and is it safe?

i plan to buy pre build coil low in ohm..
like .20 or less .10
am i doing the right thing.?
is it okay to use that kind of coil.?

While there are exceptions - it is usually best to not vape with such low ohms when you are first starting out .

2 ohms will barely fire at the maximum wattage of the Pico 25

Is there any reason you want to vape that low? What atomizer and ohm are you vaping right now?

While there are exceptions - it is usually best to not vape with such low ohms when you are first starting out .

2 ohms will barely fire at the maximum wattage of the Pico 25

Is there any reason you want to vape that low? What atomizer and ohm are you vaping right now?

my first coil free in vls rda is reading .19 ohms
and i like it...
it fells good..
hoping to get more advice...thanks so much..

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s a single battery mod - your limitation comes from that more than anything else - you’ll be wanting to vape this about the half way mark 42w max or you’ll be changing batteries every 5 minutes. Also it might not have the guts to reach the full 85W

If you use Variable Wattage (power) you won’t be able to use builds below 0.1 ohms and to be honest there really is no need to

Thinner gauge wire 26g or above is your friend on on a single battery regulated or otherwise quicker ramp up

Here is the wire wizard - have a play with different builds
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

@mach1ne started an excellent how to guide using wire wizard...you’d be perfect candidate to help him build the thread with answers for new builders :)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-steam-engine-thread.389510/

I’d say stick to a single coil on the VLS around the 0.2 - 0.3 mark with a single 3.5mm fused clapton if it’s all stainless steel you’ll want between 5 and 7 wraps on it.

....or use simple round wire add wraps and wind them in parralel like this - this one has 7 wraps ....came out just under 0.3 ohms didn’t need massive amounts of power, was a good vape

42EADDED-DC3E-4A22-983E-E4CF8B5E244C.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a single battery mod - your limitation comes from that more than anything else - you’ll be wanting to vape this about the half way mark 42w max or you’ll be changing batteries every 5 minutes. Also it might not have the guts to reach the full 85W

If you use Variable Wattage (power) you won’t be able to use builds below 0.1 ohms and to be honest there really is no need to

Thinner gauge wire 26g or above is your friend on on a single battery regulated or otherwise quicker ramp up

@mach1ne started an excellent how to guide using wire wizard...you’d be perfect candidate to help him build the thread with answers for new builders :)

I’d say stick to a single coil on the VLS around the 0.2 - 0.3 mark with a single 3.5mm fused clapton if it’s all stainless steel you’ll want between 5 and 7 wraps on it.

....or use simple round wire add wraps and wind them in parralel like this - this one has 7 wraps ....came out just under 0.3 ohms didn’t need massive amounts of power, was a good vape

View attachment 102787

thanks a lot...your all help me understand more...

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This X 10. Not to sound sarcastic but one thing I found to be helpful is the google search bar, it really is our friend. :D

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 102787
This X 100!!! You know your stuff. :vino:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
One of the best things about VU is the people here and their willingness to help. Listen to them, click the links to learn and you'll do just fine.
I vape sub .2

For the way the I vape I need to be able to get at minimum 85 Watts. That's the low end of the spectrum. For me.

I quit smoking on a kboxmini and an indestructible RDA. That setup I grew out of because of my love to tinker I found building. I needed more power.

Also, if your planning to vape that low, battery mooch will be your best friend, and an app like vape tools. You don't HAVE to get an ohm reader but there nice to build on, and most are very accurate. Down to .01 I think.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors