Become a Patron!

Hey guys need help want to cloud chase

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys i started vaping about 3 months ago more I want to cloud chase what's a good set up and maybe if you can walk me thru it that would be awesome my current set up is cloupor mini with a kangar sub tank

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First of all congrats on the swap. Glad you're into vaping. First I would recommend watching some YouTube videos and learning all you can about airflow, BATTERY safety, and learn ohms law. Avoid any unregulated devices until you know exactly what you are doing. Are you using the standard coil in the subtank or are you rebuilding it?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys i started vaping about 3 months ago more I want to cloud chase what's a good set up and maybe if you can walk me thru it that would be awesome my current set up is cloupor mini with a kangar sub tank
Kanger is a flavor tank. Want clouds, Atty .22 will give you clouds. VG makes clouds, PG carries flavor. If I just want clouds, I flavor VG & blow fog banks. About 5-8 dollars.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get started just fine on the Cloupor, and if you're still in the noob stages I'd recommend sticking with a regulated device - no need to worry about all the safety hazards of mechs at the same time you're learning building.

Look into a good RDA, lots of people (myself included) like the Mutation series for clouds due to its massive airflow and oversized drip tips. Then you need some wire (26g is probably a good place to start), an ohm meter if you don't already have and know how to use a multimeter (and even if you do they're still handy), and some VG-heavy juice. I mix my own nic base at 10/90 (PG/VG is usually expressed with the PG percentage first), then after adding PG-based flavors I end up in the 80-85% VG range.

The Subtank is already a lot more than any of us had starting, so your clouds are probably way better than mine were 3 months in. And if it's a standard or mini, you've already got a rebuildable deck, so you can get started building coils as soon as you get wire and a meter. Still, dripping is going to give you better production any way you cut it.

What kind of batteries and charger are you using? You'll want to be sure to have some rated for 20A+, and a charger from one of the favored brands (Xtar, Efest [for chargers but not batteries], or Nitecore) is one of the best fire insurance polices you can have.

Good luck, and keep us posted along the way...

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I played Tuba in Jr & Hi School. Smoked, could not blow a candle out. I Vape now. Year later, I can play a tuba, but I don't. Weird Al has not gotten back to me yet.

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys thanks I just bought the troll rda a FU and e fest battery what do ya think?

EvlSmrk

Member For 4 Years
Gotta agree with everybody else here. Don't put anything on that Troll until you have an ohm meter to check where you're at before mounting it on the FU. Welcome and enjoy the journey.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which efest battery did you get?

A good rule of thumb for those new to mechanicals and sub ohming is....
"If you have to ask questions, you aren't ready yet"

Read, read and read again until you have no more questions.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Slick I would have to agree. The adequate amount of research needs to be complete before attempting to use an "Advanced User Item"

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am 24 and I've been doing the research just wanted more opinions on better builds and thanks guys all input has been helpful and I got my self an ohm meter right after I made this post chucking hot .17 ohm capes and loving

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome! If you like hotter builds you could run dual 26g zipper coils. That will ohm out pretty low. .13 range. I personally like to be around .14 or so on my mechs. Every now and again I'll throw a .2 and up on a box but I just loovee my mech mods.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you really want to get into the massive clouds, try some (SAFE!) 22 or 20 gauge coils. On a single battery mech, you're probably looking at singles, but you can make some impressive fog banks.
And before anyone jumps on me, I know that there's plenty of twisted and specialty builds in smaller gauge that will do it too, but when you're just starting out, those are fun wire sizes to experiment with. SAFELY

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You probably don't want to make a habit out of building below .25 on that efest battery in a single battery mod.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't want to make a habit of using Efest batteries at all. Every spec on that wrapper is a lie because the company that owns the Efest name and wrapper just buys surplus cells from companies, sticks their purple wrapper on them, and sells them without actually finding out what the cell can do, much less caring if it blows up in someone's face.

Same with Efan, Imran, SubOhm, Vampped, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Does MJOX actually make cells or are they just another Efest?

IIRC, there's a cell Efest claims that is over 30 amps continuous that is actually a 5 amp cell.

You don't want to make a habit of using Efest batteries at all. Every spec on that wrapper is a lie because the company that owns the Efest name and wrapper just buys surplus cells from companies, sticks their purple wrapper on them, and sells them without actually finding out what the cell can do, much less caring if it blows up in someone's face.

Same with Efan, Imran, SubOhm, Vampped, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Does MJOX actually make cells or are they just another Efest?

IIRC, there's a cell Efest claims that is over 30 amps continuous that is actually a 5 amp cell.

This sounds terrible! I would avoid them as well

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like your on your way ! There's also a few new clearomizers out there that are right there with RDA's. I've been using the High Voltage tank with a .2 ohm atomizer. Massive airflow and can be hit up to 100 watts. I use it mostly when I'm driving lot easier than dripping and driving lol It's an insane tank!

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As long as you have an ohms reader and calculator its pretty straight forward

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clearo that hits like an rda? Crazy talk. You must be from a distant future or some mystic land of magic.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This are just samples of clearo
That HITS LIKE RDA...
BIGBOYVAPER

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the backup ej1024. I ran up my High Voltage Tank to 90 watts and blew a huge cloud. Then I challenged my son to blow a cloud like that with his Dark Horse on the God Mod. He wouldn't do it lol. I have a Dark Horse also the tank is real close. I use the tank when I'm driving and the Dark Horse when I'm home or at the local vape store. Have a great day !

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the backup ej1024. I ran up my High Voltage Tank to 90 watts and blew a huge cloud. Then I challenged my son to blow a cloud like that with his Dark Horse on the God Mod. He wouldn't do it lol. I have a Dark Horse also the tank is real close. I use the tank when I'm driving and the Dark Horse when I'm home or at the local vape store. Have a great day !
No problem dude, I know what it saying, I was 100% dripper before the herakles sub ohm tank, I bought just because it was pretty cheap $20 shipped, and guess what I haven't dripped for 5 days I tried dripping last night,what a difference, I went back to my tank... They say that there's nothing like dripping I agree, but here's what I say there's nothing like sub ohm tank, I'm Vaping 50 watts 5.7 volts on my sig 150 on a .6 ohm coil (TANK), I dripped on a .15 coil 80-90 watts with 3.0 volts, men the flavor became muted in my dripper, the 5.7 volts GAVE ME a flavor that I never had on a RDA!!! I was amazed to tell u the truth....i ordered the matrix and the high voltage SOT... I AM SO DONE WITH DRIPPING..i also purchased 2 goblin RTA and a silver play,I probably will just sell em!!!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool ! I think your going to like the High Voltage a lot. Keep in mind that once you prime the Atty and put it all back together you can turn the top of the tank a little left or right to open or close the wicking slots depending on the juice your using. a really cool feature. Also these coils have a lot of cotton in them so like half the tank is going to diappear right away. Also they like to overwick a little till they are settled in. After that.... I'm using the same coil for like 3 weeks ! Let me know what you think of it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool ! I think your going to like the High Voltage a lot. Keep in mind that once you prime the Atty and put it all back together you can turn the top of the tank a little left or right to open or close the wicking slots depending on the juice your using. a really cool feature. Also these coils have a lot of cotton in them so like half the tank is going to diappear right away. Also they like to overwick a little till they are settled in. After that.... I'm using the same coil for like 3 weeks ! Let me know what you think of it.
Oh dude don't u just hate auto correct!!! Hahaha
Anyhow I'm really looking forward using those tanks, especially I found out the coil heads are NICHROME, not sure if the herakles is nichrome,... I will probably get my HVT tomorrow 24 bucks shipped! I bugged the hell out of the vendor ang gave me 40% off plus free shipping not bad not bad....

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The dude in the first video aaid ya start to lose flavor at higher watts. Doesnt happen on a dripper. I gotta check these out though hopefully they dont sit in my tank hall of shame though. Thats where the kanger sub, lemo, atlantis and kayfun4 reside and they said the same game changing hype about those. Def gotta try them though. Itll be interesting the day a tank makes me place my drippers on the wall.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The dude in the first video aaid ya start to lose flavor at higher watts. Doesnt happen on a dripper. I gotta check these out though hopefully they dont sit in my tank hall of shame though. Thats where the kanger sub, lemo, atlantis and kayfun4 reside and they said the same game changing hype about those. Def gotta try them though. Itll be interesting the day a tank makes me place my drippers on the wall.
The tanks you mentioned above are all ANEMIC in flavor and vapor!!! IMO
The new sub ohms,herakles vapes at 45 watts, the arctic vapes 20 to 80 watts the high voltage tank vapes up to 100 same as the maganus,starre,matrix,you have to use a regulated box to enjoy this tanks, a mech mod that puts out 4.2 volts and below wont cut it...
I was skeptical at first that's why I skipped the Atlantis the arctic, but there something about the herkales that made me buy it.....I'm not disappointed I tell u...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah im gonna check one of those out when i get my m class sx mini. All i have is a bunch of mechs and a vs rdna40 i use to go to work. Im thinking if i get them now the 40 watt limit of the rdna will turn me off to them. I mostly vape at .15 to .25 so the ones with the .25 head is probly the one i'll try first. I usually get heavier clouds than the ones illustrated in the video but if i can achieve something similar without losing flavor (i vape 80 to 100 vg) while adding the convenience of a tank that would kick major ass. Im going to try the atlantis hack tomorrow just to see what i dont like about it though is it spits up like crazy. I rarely get spit on an rda and i dont even like to use a drip tip. Im always a skeptic but also im always willing to try new things. Do any of those tanks have a hard time with a heavy juice?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah im gonna check one of those out when i get my m class sx mini. All i have is a bunch of mechs and a vs rdna40 i use to go to work. Im thinking if i get them now the 40 watt limit of the rdna will turn me off to them. I mostly vape at .15 to .25 so the ones with the .25 head is probly the one i'll try first. I usually get heavier clouds than the ones illustrated in the video but if i can achieve something similar without losing flavor (i vape 80 to 100 vg) while adding the convenience of a tank that would kick major ass. Im going to try the atlantis hack tomorrow just to see what i dont like about it though is it spits up like crazy. I rarely get spit on an rda and i dont even like to use a drip tip. Im always a skeptic but also im always willing to try new things. Do any of those tanks have a hard time with a heavy juice?
Since I only have the herakles, I can speak for it....like what I said, this tank is a beast, you can fill this tank with 200vg it will vape flawlessly, the coil heads are dual vertical kanthal,I'm using the .6 head, I felt more flavor with higher volts than watts....
DNA 40 will fire this tank,but u will not get the full benefit, this tank is for drippers,its design to replace an RDA,I wont even try the Atlantis dude, that tank is ANEMIC, go watch you tube video of this tank everybody will say the same thing,
FLAVOR
VAPOR
all the time...you can use ur mod with the arctic tank....
All this new SOT tanks have no problem with higher vg juice, except the ANEMIC KANGER ST'S IMO

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I only have the herakles, I can speak for it....like what I said, this tank is a beast, you can fill this tank with 200vg it will vape flawlessly, the coil heads are dual vertical kanthal,I'm using the .6 head, I felt more flavor with higher volts than watts....
DNA 40 will fire this tank,but u will not get the full benefit, this tank is for drippers,its design to replace an RDA,I wont even try the Atlantis dude, that tank is ANEMIC, go watch you tube video of this tank everybody will say the same thing,
FLAVOR
VAPOR
all the time...you can use ur mod with the arctic tank....
All this new SOT tanks have no problem with higher vg juice, except the ANEMIC KANGER ST'S IMO, The Atlantis never caught my attention ever since it came out it is the king of MUTED FLAVOR

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know I hear a lot of people who like their Kangar's but I also see a lot of posts about leaking, problems, and coil inconsistancy. As always not bashing anyone or anything you do what works for YOU and what YOU like !

VU Sponsors