Become a Patron!

Hey from Lake Wylie, SC!

riverdank

Member For 2 Years
Hey Y'all, I'm a new member here but of course have been lurking anonymously for a little while. I vaped ocassionally several years back, mainly just on pen style and also had gotten a segelei 50w. I never vaped full time just here and there and then I stopped vaping alltogether. I got sober and quit drinking almost a year ago and am a grateful recovering alcoholic. I pretty much quit smoking cigarettes and went to dipping cope full time when I stopped drinking. You can dip in most AA meetings around here. After getting up to close to 3 cans a day I dug out the 50w about 2 months ago and bought some new juices and have been chain vaping but haven't dipped hardly at all so that has been awesome to now have cigarettes and smokeless replaced by vaping. I've been watching countless coil building and wicking videos and have gotten all the tools ready to go, just have to get some wire, cotton, and some rda and rta's now and start building my own stuff. Really great fellowship around here and all the forums are so helpful. Look forward to becoming a useful and contributing member of the great society you have going on here!

Thanks,

Riverdank

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome to VU. Lot of great builders that are willing to help here. Have some fun with it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a lot of good stuff happening for you in one year! Congrats on all of it. You'll find a lot members here on that very same journey.

Glad you found us and came in from the shadows :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :stars2:

Congrats on all the quits!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the forum:wave:

JBT81

baby empath
VU Donator
Welcome! For real haha

I am going to start building soon too. I just need the gear. Any advice you want to share on what to buy would be appreciated.

Also, as far as rdas go, I suggest a drop or drop solo. Super easy for someone who is new to rebuildables.

Peace

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey Y'all, I'm a new member here but of course have been lurking anonymously for a little while. I vaped ocassionally several years back, mainly just on pen style and also had gotten a segelei 50w. I never vaped full time just here and there and then I stopped vaping alltogether. I got sober and quit drinking almost a year ago and am a grateful recovering alcoholic. I pretty much quit smoking cigarettes and went to dipping cope full time when I stopped drinking. You can dip in most AA meetings around here. After getting up to close to 3 cans a day I dug out the 50w about 2 months ago and bought some new juices and have been chain vaping but haven't dipped hardly at all so that has been awesome to now have cigarettes and smokeless replaced by vaping. I've been watching countless coil building and wicking videos and have gotten all the tools ready to go, just have to get some wire, cotton, and some rda and rta's now and start building my own stuff. Really great fellowship around here and all the forums are so helpful. Look forward to becoming a useful and contributing member of the great society you have going on here!

Thanks,

Riverdank
I too am in recovery. 2.5 years now. Nicotine and caffine is all i have left now. N yes i am a nicotine junkie. Lol. Try a drop rda. And a dead rabbit rta. They both are solid attys. Easy to build on and an all around gr8 place to jump in with.
WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND

riverdank

Member For 2 Years
Hey Jb, I just ordered a couple of different sizes of round wire and have been practicing making claptons (core wire with a smaller wire wrapped around it). I used the screwdrivers from a little precision kit to wrap them on. I believe I paid like 5 bucks at Harbor freight for it. I've got a little box full of different sizes and wraps lol that I have done. I'm getting an Aromamizer from a generous member here and it should be here tomorrow so I can put my green horn builds to use, lol.

WB, that is great to hear. 2.5 years is a hell of a feat! Congrats. Thanks for the suggestions. Will check those out for sure. This is becoming a fun hobby to help keep the mind at bay, lol!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :wave:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor