Become a Patron!

Hex ohm and clone opinions

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi i was thinking about getting a hex ohm this weekend but dunno weather to get a cloneor not :/ clone il be buying from http://www.boldvape.co.uk/mods/333-hex-ohm-v3-clone.html?search_query=Hex+ohm&results=2#idTab5
2bea128c4533cbbb7445295f476c6e17.jpg
whats your opinions on authentic to clone i dont know to much about them yet thnx

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Focalecig and fasttech have the same mod for cheaper. The fasttech reviews say it's pretty decent. I've been looking at the logo less version myself. I like the fact that it's something you could repair or upgrade parts on yourself. On fasttech you have to search 'storm'.

ronald.gwathney

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Focalecig and fasttech have the same mod for cheaper. The fasttech reviews say it's pretty decent. I've been looking at the logo less version myself. I like the fact that it's something you could repair or upgrade parts on yourself. On fasttech you have to search 'storm'.
Fasttech has the hex ohm v3 for about 40 dollars......

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech has the hex ohm v3 for about 40 dollars......

That's one of the items I was talking about. Same basic thing as the storm mod, but with the hex ohm logo and additional color options.

Edit- just checked again. Fasttech calls it 'storm v3'.

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh cheers guys! Fasttech to uk seems to take for ever everyone on facbook vaping page is calling it shit teck and it takes for ever so im abit weary about ordering of them. That one in the pic would take only a few days to reAch. So how would you compare this to the authentic? Im tempted just to go for it but something is telling me to get the authentic lol! But from what i see the clone have a voltage screen the authentic doesn't! Seems that clone is better lol

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh cheers guys! Fasttech to uk seems to take for ever everyone on facbook vaping page is calling it shit teck and it takes for ever so im abit weary about ordering of them. That one in the pic would take only a few days to reAch. So how would you compare this to the authentic? Im tempted just to go for it but something is telling me to get the authentic lol! But from what i see the clone have a voltage screen the authentic doesn't! Seems that clone is better lol
The hexohm uses a spring loaded 510 connection. The only thing I don't like about it. Springs suck on mechs but I'm not sure of their effects on a regulated.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the clone v3 reviews iv watched none of them had problems

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It doesn't cause any problems really. All I know is it's a power drop in a mech. I'm assuming in a regulated it might drain batteries faster than one without a spring? I'll go do some research and get back to you.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That connector is the exact connector you want in a variable power device. The spring isn't part of the circuit. It's the absolute best type of connector for that kind of mod. It's really the best kind of connector for almost any box.

Last edited:

ronald.gwathney

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's one of the items I was talking about. Same basic thing as the storm mod, but with the hex ohm logo and additional color options.

Edit- just checked again. Fasttech calls it 'storm v3'.
U may not be looking far enough.......I have the hexohm v3 saved to my wishlist however it really doesn't matter they are basically the same box like you said

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That connector is the exact connector you want in a variable power device. The spring isn't part of the circuit. It's the absolute best type of connector for that kind of mod. It's really the best kind of connector for almost any box.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the power had to go through the the spring to go through the pin? Maybe that's only on mechs? I know most mechs now avoid springs like they are land mines.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the power had to go through the the spring to go through the pin? Maybe that's only on mechs? I know most mechs now avoid springs like they are land mines.
The spring isn't part of the circuit. Not on the hex ohm connector, not on this one and not on my two box mods that have them. There are three places that make these connectors. Fatdaddyvapes, varitube and Chinese cloners. None of them have the spring as part of the circuit.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
U may not be looking far enough.......I have the hexohm v3 saved to my wishlist however it really doesn't matter they are basically the same box like you said

You're right. They have them listed as storm and hexohm. A guy in the fasttech forums said he has one of each and they're the same mod. Silly Chinese.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me know how you like it. I have the authentic and i love it. I actually like that it doesnt have the voltmeter. It looks clean. If they do put a voltmeter in the actual v3 i hope they put it inside somehow

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me know how you like it. I have the authentic and i love it. I actually like that it doesnt have the voltmeter. It looks clean. If they do put a voltmeter in the actual v3 i hope they put it inside somehow

Yeah i will do man it should be here tomoz ooh i like the volt reading thing lol and just ordered these stickers to :)
8140c78da6a1010819fbb6262105cb04.jpg
bde0cfd3fdff172b74afa42331c60929.jpg

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got one :) well happy there brilliant for a clone hit hard to!
e53b7e39b59ab15dc65b440cdac5aa56.jpg

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only thing that the authentic and these clones have in common is the logo. The housing, chip, 510, & firing button are all different. Its literally a crappy chinese box with a knockoff vv/vw chip and a hexohm logo

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im ordering stickers to place over the top as i dont like the fact it has the ohm sign there when its not real. Its like have a ferrie badge on a vw. That said for the price u cant knock it there not crap

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They have a panasonic chip in Im ordering stickers to place over the top as i dont like the fact it has the ohm sign there when its not real. Its like have a ferrie badge on a vw. That said for the price u cant knock it there not crap

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats OP lol? Maybe there the v2? This is the v3
5031ce1e5813ebb045b45d29ed3b47e5.jpg
Original Post n hmm that looks pretty sweet. I wish it didnt have the hexohm logo, i would have ordered it as a going to a bar or working on car cheap box to not risk my hexohm

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Original Post n hmm that looks pretty sweet. I wish it didnt have the hexohm logo, i would have ordered it as a going to a bar or working on car cheap box to not risk my hexohm

The ohm sign will peel of mate if thats what ya wAna do. And just place ur own on thats what im doing

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure it's gonna be my next mod. I plan to install a better button with a MOSFET, add a master on/off switch and add some wiring and a 3 position slide switch so the voltmeter can be set to battery voltage, applied voltage or off. I think it's a great option for someone looking for a cheap, high power, user rebuildable and partially customizable box.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pretty sure it's gonna be my next mod. I plan to install a better button with a MOSFET, add a master on/off switch and add some wiring and a 3 position slide switch so the voltmeter can be set to battery voltage, applied voltage or off. I think it's a great option for someone looking for a cheap, high power, user rebuildable and partially customizable box.
Definitely mate! I know someone were i live who can do all that i wouldn't attempt it myself lol i have a silver one coming tomoz to as i ordered that the weekend them found this cheap so had to get it lol :/

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would you be interested in selling me that box? Lol and if so how much?

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turning a Hex Ohm clone into a Lotus LE80 when the LE80 is so cheap to begin with is not something that I would of thought of.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/le80-authentic-box-mod.html

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh snap, thanks for the link, thats perfect

I don't know if they have changed the finish since they introduced all of those fancy new colors or not. But my black one that I bought when they first came out looks like crap now. The mod functions flawlessly but the finish is wearing off all of the corners and edges exposing the bare metal underneath. But for $45 it is a damn good mod.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Turning a Hex Ohm clone into a Lotus LE80 when the LE80 is so cheap to begin with is not something that I would of thought of.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/le80-authentic-box-mod.html
I like the hexohm clones (or storms) side located big fire button hole for accepting a wide range of large quality buttons better than the le80's oddly placed bb button hole. I like the fatdaddyvapes styled 510 connector MUCH better than the le80's connector and the le80's potentiometer knob and special molded plastic internal pieces aren't off the shelf items. I don't think the le80 has a master on/off switch and the voltage display switch is another non-typical part. I like the design and parts used in the hexohm/storm better and I'll be able to source parts, modify and maintain it better.

Last edited:

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hows the button?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I say +1 on the Lotus LE80 for those looking at the Hex Ohm. I'm glad your clone is nice and you like it OP. Ecig.com has LE80's for about $37 right now. I'd been wanting a Hexohm, but don't wanna drop the money, and this thing almost makes up for it. Only gripe is that the knob on the potentiometer wiggles a bit on mine. It works, and has an on off switch. Can show battery voltage, be off, and show live voltage. I'm actually thinking about getting another, in blue. Ill see if my potentiometer knob is an anomaly or normal.

I understand the Hex Ohm desire. I used one at a vape meet and have wanted one ever since. I've got way too many mods, but the simplicity of this LE80, or a HexOhm is nice, it feels almost like a mech in it's power delivery. I'm a fan.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hows the button?

I like the button its very smooth i can see it being easy to accidentally pressing it if its sitting in ya povket or if you lean on it but its the best button iv had to use from regulated mods

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know if they have changed the finish since they introduced all of those fancy new colors or not. But my black one that I bought when they first came out looks like crap now. The mod functions flawlessly but the finish is wearing off all of the corners and edges exposing the bare metal underneath. But for $45 it is a damn good mod.
Older post, yeah I know but if you see this... I think, if you contact Lotus Vaping, and send in your crappy finished (technical term) box... They'll replace your mod for free. 1st production run (with the rubber coating) was a known flaw - as they've told me. They're now doing powder coating on the LE80 boxes, and have been for months.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Older post, yeah I know but if you see this... I think, if you contact Lotus Vaping, and send in your crappy finished (technical term) box... They'll replace your mod for free. 1st production run (with the rubber coating) was a known flaw - as they've told me. They're now doing powder coating on the LE80 boxes, and have been for months.
Thanks man. Mine isn't too bad, but good to know. I wonder if the blue is powder coated.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks man. Mine isn't too bad, but good to know. I wonder if the blue is powder coated.
I would guess that all colors are now powder coated. They recognized the (1st production) rubberized coating as flawed. I was told they've been doing the powder coatings for months now. You could always call them yourself. Why guess, or speculate? Lotus Vaping dot com. Phone has menu options... as a consumer, wholesale, etc. If you're waiting more than 5mins (as a consumer)... they've phone issues... hang-up and redial & choose the wholesaler option (they'll pick right up).

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would guess that all colors are now powder coated. They recognized the (1st production) rubberized coating as flawed. I was told they've been doing the powder coatings for months now...
A clarification (for posterity and) fwiw... Just bought a black LE80. It's a rubberized coating! WTF? Didn't want the rubber. I know it won't wear well. I'd been told they're all now powder-coated, but this is not exactly true. Spoke to someone else... Was told all the colored finishes are now powder coated... not the black. The black (shit) rubber coating remains - no plans to change it. Hey, it looks great new. It feels great in the hand. but, probably won't last... wanted to post this clarification of my last weeks post. Warranty is 90 days, defects only finish doesn't count. Not exactly what I was told earlier (the black rubber finish is defective, as it wears off quickly). They won't replace a prematurely worn rubber finish. Still a nice box! When it looks like crap I'll get a wrap.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A clarification (for posterity and) fwiw... Just bought a black LE80. It's a rubberized coating! WTF? Didn't want the rubber. I know it won't wear well. I'd been told they're all now powder-coated, but this is not exactly true. Spoke to someone else... Was told all the colored finishes are now powder coated... not the black. The black (shit) rubber coating remains - no plans to change it. Hey, it looks great new. It feels great in the hand. but, probably won't last... wanted to post this clarification of my last weeks post. Warranty is 90 days, defects only finish doesn't count. Not exactly what I was told earlier (the black rubber finish is defective, as it wears off quickly). They won't replace a prematurely worn rubber finish. Still a nice box! When it looks like crap I'll get a wrap.
Well, I should be getting my second one today. I ordered Blue, so hopefully it's good. Not too concerned. My black one can be a work beater. It's finish is already kinda messed up, not horrible, but I'll keep the Blue for home and the Black for work.

My potentiometer dial has always been wiggly, I may pull it off the black one if the blue is solid. I'm guessing I'll have a screw left to turn for voltage. I'm interested to see if the blue has a wobbly dial, too. I think I'm past 90 days, I need to check my invoice.

On the clone is it possible to add an
is there any way to add a master on off switch to the hexohm v3 clone without connecting it to the board behind the brown sticker.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    996.9 KB · Views: 15

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do 24 mm tanks/rda's fit in a lotus le80? With the indentation it has on the too for the 510 connection it seems it wont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors