Become a Patron!

Hex core 30gx6 36g 316 fused claptons .09 ohm

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all new to this type of thing. right just got some 30gx6 26g 316 fused clappy wire iv done a 5 wrap 3.5mm id duel build ohming out at .09 in my dead rabbit sitting on my asvape micheal (rated to fire down to .08 in power/power curve mode) so my queiry is does the wattage need to be through the roof to fire these bad boys due to the surface area of the coils or is it the super low build because in power curve iv had to crank it up to 150.140.120 then levelling out at 100w just to get enough ramp to hit on the first draw.
Any help would be great.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You probably will have to crank the wattage up a good bit. I had a .11 build in the modfather rta and ran it at 107.

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You probably will have to crank the wattage up a good bit. I had a .11 build in the modfather rta and ran it at 107.
Cheers for the reply the asvape and the wire arrived at the same time so i had no grounds for comparison. Thought the mod might be lacking in the power department but the vo chips meant to be the bomb digaty so thought id get some other perspectives. At that wattage the dead rabbit is getting hot as the sun but iv got a kennedy 25 coming so hopefully that cools things down a bit

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
With that kind of coil mass you are going to have to nail it with power to get the wire hot enough to vaporize the liquid. It would be reasonable to assume that once its heated you can vape like crazy.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU by the way.

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU by the way.
Cheers nice to be able to chat with others who are passionate about vaping.
Yeah once the coils heat up its great just the initial ramp up so tried the temp curve extremely high then working down slow seems to compensate well but the dead rabbits turning molten reguardless need more volume in the atty i think. Ill be going for the 28g×4 38g next time but iv got 30ft of the 6 core so iv gotta find a way i can use it haha

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Cheers nice to be able to chat with others who are passionate about vaping.
Yeah once the coils heat up its great just the initial ramp up so tried the temp curve extremely high then working down slow seems to compensate well but the dead rabbits turning molten reguardless need more volume in the atty i think. Ill be going for the 28g×4 38g next time but iv got 30ft of the 6 core so iv gotta find a way i can use it haha

Build it as a single coil. With that amount of wire and the setup you are using it will perform amicably.

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will deffinately try that when my trickster arrives (no single coil option in my dead rabbit) thankyou for your insight its much appreciated

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
(no single coil option in my dead rabbit)
Sure it does, like so:
images

VU Sponsors