Become a Patron!

Herakles Question

Morbidly-o-Beats

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So no matter what i put the tank on it just says check atomizer. I have tried new coils. I tried taking it apart and cleaning everything.. nothing seems to work and I really like this tank. Any info would be great.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So no matter what i put the tank on it just says check atomizer. I have tried new coils. I tried taking it apart and cleaning everything.. nothing seems to work and I really like this tank. Any info would be great.
What does your ohm meter say? If it's reading the proper resistance, your tank/device doesn't make proper contact with the center pin.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the coils not making contact with the bottom of the base. Just out of curiosity (I had this happen on another tank) There's a clear silicone O ring on the coil. take it off and screw the coil into the base. Put the base and coil only on your device and fire it momentarily and see if it works. If it does then the problem lies with the coils not contacting the base. Maybe an old O ring stuck in there. Curious to see what it is.

Morbidly-o-Beats

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its gotta be the base is messed up and no i dont have a camera and the one on my phone is broke... like me lol. Im bummed cuz i loved the flavor out of the .6 coils but i read that they can go in the starre which i also have so i guess its not so bad. I am gonna make fixing the tank a project when i have time. its happened once before and i just cleaned the base really well and it was good to go. tried the same method and nothing.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
its gotta be the base is messed up and no i dont have a camera and the one on my phone is broke... like me lol. Im bummed cuz i loved the flavor out of the .6 coils but i read that they can go in the starre which i also have so i guess its not so bad. I am gonna make fixing the tank a project when i have time. its happened once before and i just cleaned the base really well and it was good to go. tried the same method and nothing.
Hey I just got the herakles and was wandering is the flavor better with the .6 coils then with the .2?The .2 coil seams to mute it a bit but I don't want to change the coil if its not going to make a difference.

"War,war never changes"

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not the same tank but I'm using a .6 on the Matrix at 35 watts and the flavors great !

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
35w...that's weird how low watts give more flavor. But this is my first subohm tank and im still getting to know it.I have a freakshow I was using and its still my go to atty for the house.the herakles is a lot better for work and travel. RDA and a subohm tank are two totally different beasts.

"War,war never changes"

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I just got the herakles and was wandering is the flavor better with the .6 coils then with the .2?The .2 coil seams to mute it a bit but I don't want to change the coil if its not going to make a difference.

"War,war never changes"
The flavor is superb with the .6 coils at 42-45w on these two mods seen here..
I really like the Herkakes.. They are my go to all day tanks..
7ecb5ae1b14f2a887f55fc74209b42d5.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

With mine the base comes apart, I don't think it's supposed to. There is a chance the bottom of coil will touch both positive and negative, therefore shorting out. I think mine is missing a flat oring around the copper pin preventing the coil from touching anything else but the copper.

AvdCWsZ.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With mine the base comes apart, I don't think it's supposed to. There is a chance the bottom of coil will touch both positive and negative, therefore shorting out.

AvdCWsZ.jpg
That is sorta odd... My whole base screws off with mounted coil and airflow ring intact...hmmm...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a base come apart like that on a Nautilus...it was never the same after that ...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Morbidly-o-Beats

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the issue i had was resolved after taking the o-ring off the coil like recommended. works fantastic. I like the .6 coil at 60 watts takes great with great production.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the issue i had was resolved after taking the o-ring off the coil like recommended. works fantastic. I like the .6 coil at 60 watts takes great with great production.
Who recommended taking the o-ring off the coil?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Breezy just a few posts up. The tank hits different but works again.
Personally I don't think I'd run without that coil gasket for fear of juice leaking into the 510 connection and on into the mod... Just sayin

VU Sponsors