Become a Patron!

Help

I have a smok morph 2 that keeps telling me to check battery every time I try to charge it I’ve wipe them and the pins swap them round but nothing it does nothing without the charging wire in

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I,,,for 1,,,,,, am baffled. Sounds like a paper weight.
@gsmit1

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemme make sure I got this.

It tells you to check the battery with batteries in it and doesn't work, but does work if the USB cable is plugged in and only then?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
No nothing happens without the wire just when I plug it in tells me to check battery
If when you plug it in it has batteries in it, maybe a bad battery -or 2.
Or the internal battery charger conked out.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's a loose battery wire. Most likely, but not necessarily on the door, or from the door to the board.

Has it ever been dropped?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It gets no power without the external USB source and TELLS you there's a battery problem with that external source. I say battery connection :)

Could possibly be a very dead battery. Easy to check with a pair of known good batteries. I think it's a battery connection though.

@Mikey1 I take it you don't have an external charger?

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Lemme make sure I got this.

It tells you to check the battery with batteries in it and doesn't work, but does work if the USB cable is plugged in and only then?
sounds like my wifes vibrator!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just for the heck of it, take the batteries out and stick something blunt that will reach into the battery compartment and push on the contacts making sure one of them isn't collapsed.

Also, put known good batteries in it and hold it, two fingers on top and your thumb on the bottom, pushing hard with your thumb compressing the batteries into the compartment. Use your other hand to click the power button it 5 times while firmly holding it like that.

VU Sponsors