Become a Patron!

Help!

Decided it was time for my husband and I to quit smoking, did a bit of research and deciding vaping would be a great choice for us. We picked up some Smok pen 22’s and juice to get by on while waiting for mods we ordered...
anyway, right from the get go it’s worked great for him, he’s taking huge puffs, no coughing, and hasn’t had a cigarette in days.. meanwhile, I can’t inhale any vapor at all! Even trying to take small puffs, letting it sit in my mouth before trying to inhale I am choking and gagging. I’ve tried doing it direct to lung and it’s even worse!
We’re using 70:30 vg/pg with only 6mg nicotine, I’ve tried a few different flavors, so I don’t think it’s the eliquid that’s the problem. I spent a day trying again and again to use the pen, and seeing my husband just use it and have no issue has been very frustrating and discouraging.
I’ve got a nautilus 2 tank and a Smok g-priv coming, maybe adjustable airflow with a mtl tank and being able to adjust more will help? but looking for any advice. I am determined to find a way to make this work for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Decided it was time for my husband and I to quit smoking, did a bit of research and deciding vaping would be a great choice for us. We picked up some Smok pen 22’s and juice to get by on while waiting for mods we ordered...
anyway, right from the get go it’s worked great for him, he’s taking huge puffs, no coughing, and hasn’t had a cigarette in days.. meanwhile, I can’t inhale any vapor at all! Even trying to take small puffs, letting it sit in my mouth before trying to inhale I am choking and gagging. I’ve tried doing it direct to lung and it’s even worse!
We’re using 70:30 vg/pg with only 6mg nicotine, I’ve tried a few different flavors, so I don’t think it’s the eliquid that’s the problem. I spent a day trying again and again to use the pen, and seeing my husband just use it and have no issue has been very frustrating and discouraging.
Welcome to VU :) Keep up the good work !
I’ve got a nautilus 2 tank and a Smok g-priv coming, maybe adjustable airflow with a mtl tank and being able to adjust more will help? but looking for any advice. I am determined to find a way to make this work for me!
I think your on the right track with this.
And nice going on choosing that tank and an external battery regulated mod.
Being able to adjust wattage and AF will make a big difference. Nothing wrong with using MTL at all. Just a diff style. Some have been vaping a long time and use MTL. I started on a Nautilus (original) also, and I started with lower watts than what the 1.8 coil allowed, and gradually went up as I got used to the difference between smoke and vapor. Used it for 9 months before changing my style.

What batteries did you get? Did you get an external battery charger?

Welcome to VU Keep up the good work !

I think your on the right track with this.
And nice going on choosing that tank and an external battery regulated mod.
Being able to adjust wattage and AF will make a big difference. Nothing wrong with using MTL at all. Just a diff style. Some have been vaping a long time and use MTL. I started on a Nautilus (original) also, and I started with lower watts than what the 1.8 coil allowed, and gradually went up as I got used to the difference between smoke and vapor. Used it for 9 months before changing my style.

What batteries did you get? Did you get an external battery charger?

I got a few Samsung 2500 and a few LG 3000’s. And yes, for a charger for the batteries, can’t remember what brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started out with a little EVOD pen and 50/50 juice and never had a problem, however NOW when I use higher VG ratios (70% or 80%) it makes my chest feel kinda heavy. I would imagine vaping a 70% VG ratio coming right off of cigarettes might seem wet and thick when you're used to wispy and dry. Maybe try a juice with lower VG in it to start with, and adjust as you get more used to vaping vapor, rather than smoke. There really is a huge difference, but for the better. :) Stick with it, you won't regret it. I eventually went with sub-ohm tanks and lower nic levels (because you get more vapor with direct lung) and increased my VG level, but I recently tried 50/50 again and decided I like it better. It leaves less gooey residue on everything, I don't get that heavy, congested feeling, and the flavors are more distinct. You just have to make little changes here and there until you find what YOU like and what works best for you and your situation.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
you could be more sensitive to PG than your hubby.. Try some 20/80, open the airflow (if you can) and lower the wattage (if you can). Should work.

VU Sponsors