Become a Patron!

HELP!

Vaporgasm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do I stop email notifications? :eek: I like getting the little numbers by the flag on the top right hand corner of the page here but my email is being overrun by notifications.
Thanks!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go to the top of the page and place your cursor over your name and profile pic. In the drop down box, go to "notifications" (or maybe "alerts") and set your preferences.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's under "preferences", sorry.

Vaporgasm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks T. :) I just made a change. Lets see if that helps.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see where you're coming from, but sometimes I like those emails when I'm out and about, lets me know if it's an alert I wanna log on and look at or if it's something that can wait. But they do clog an inbox, I have to clean mine out daily...lol!

Vaporgasm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The one under "preferences" I changed yesterday by taking the check mark outta the little box thingy but I was still getting emails. Now I'm trying under contact details. I unchecked the bottom box "Receive email when a new conversation message is received." We shall see....:confused:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might wanna try logging off and back on after you change all that. Don't know for sure, worth a try.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The one under "preferences" I changed yesterday by taking the check mark outta the little box thingy but I was still getting emails. Now I'm trying under contact details. I unchecked the bottom box "Receive email when a new conversation message is received." We shall see....:confused:

You might want to go back and recheck "Receive email when a new conversation message is received." That is an alert when you recieve an IM The settings you want are under browsing preferences The first check box is
  • Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies
Uncheck that second part where it says and receive email notifications of replies. That way it wont email you every time someone replies

Vaporgasm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might want to go back and recheck "Receive email when a new conversation message is received." That is an alert when you recieve an IM The settings you want are under browsing preferences The first check box is
  • Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies
Uncheck that second part where it says and receive email notifications of replies. That way it wont email you every time someone replies
"and recieve email notifications of replies" was the first thing I unchecked even before making this post. It is still unchecked and I got 6 emails today.
Think I'm just gonna make a bogus email account and use that as my email addy here. That way I wont get them.

VU Sponsors