Become a Patron!

Help with UD Goliath V2

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got in the mail today a goliathV2
What coils are the best for flavor in a single and dual coil

The two coils that came with it .5 duals say 30 too 50 watts and for me thats way to warm
So I built a single coil 6 wrap 28ga 3mm at 1.1ohms it seems cool enough
does anyone have suggestions for coils and wicking?
So far no leaks other than user error as in I powered up to 40watts then backed off to 14watts and got a bit of juice out the airflow control
Flavor seems great with juice control set at first high point with either ML or DL

Im open to all suggestions on builds for flavor chasing

Last edited:

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't help you unfortunately. I don't have that tank. Just wanted to say that I'm jealous. I've had my eye on that since it came out. Local B&M here has the v1. Not sure what the differences are, but he wants $49 for it which is nuts considering they are about 20 online. That v2 looks great though so keep us posted on it both good and bad. 1.1ohms should be just fine on an RTA like that, but 3mm may be a bit big if you're looking for flavor. Generally to me smaller diameter coils produce better flavor. Try stepping down to 2.5 or even 2.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine at Gearbest usa wharehouse for $30 but they are on sale
http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_189797.html?wid=2

3MM seems to work in it just fine but Im only doing 6 wraps I do 3mm in all my Lemo 2s and Kayfun 4s and get great flavor
i may drop to 2.5mm for safety sake lo

So far Ive done 3 builds on it all different and all seem to do great and flavor is great with fluid control at halfway mark and air control either all the way open or closed down for ML hits
No leaks at all with a 50/50 mix juice

Only thing bad I can see is you have to use a syringe to fill it or a needle nose bottle

It took gearbest 5 days to get mine to me from a NY warehouse so not bad shipping time

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

3MM seems to work in it just fine but Im only doing 6 wraps I do 3mm in all my Lemo 2s and Kayfun 4s and get great flavor

So far Ive done 3 builds on it all different and all seem to do great and flavor is great with fluid control at halfway mark and air control either all the way open or closed down for ML hits

Only thing bad I can see is you have to use a syringe to fill it or a needle nose bottle

It took gearbest 5 days to get mine to me from a NY warehouse so not bad shipping time
I'm very happy with 2.5mm, 6 wraps Ti or SS. The correct fill method from bottom takes some patients. Had to move to top fill due to messing up the base, works good sometime a little leak but don't prefer it if I had the choice. Was going to replace tank but tried the Cyrus and is suitable substitute for the Goliath V2 that to date was favorite tank.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

That is a great price right now. Might just bite the bullet but I also need to stock up on some more diy flavors so it might need to wait. Don't want to end up in the doghouse lol.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is one nice tank
Ive run it almost continuously for the few days air flow is great no dry hits no leaking even in a hot car
Ive built different coils to go in it and all seem to work fine
The single coil build almost puts about as much vapor as a dual coil

the pre built coils that come with it do a great job even though at 30 watts and above are to warm for me
i truely enjoy my Lemo2s but this one does as good if not a little better

WiSK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love the pre-built dual coils on the Goliath. Unfortunately my local B&M doesn't seem to be able to source them.

WiSK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes I can order online, but prefer to support a local business. Thanks for your suggestion :)

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might be easier to help if we knew which country or state you are
Some shops like VaporKings sell them and other In calif and ny

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could the pre made coils be rebuilt, I haven't used my Goliath for a while but I thought I looked at how they were made and it looked very possible?

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They looked that way to me as well though I never ever finished 1 of them that came with it found the flavor was quite muted and restrictive, rba all the way

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a video online showing one being rebuilt
Looked a whole lot like a kanger pro tank 2 rebuild or very similar

VU Sponsors