Become a Patron!

Help with Tesla Invader

Im completely new to vaping, and i purchased the Tesla Invader V1 mod. I had trouble getting the batteries to go in, and ended up snapping off the metal spring plate for one of them. I attempted to tape it back on, but not sure if that fixes it at all or if that battery slot is now broken. I have the aspire nautilus tank on it, i put in two 18650 batteries. The aspire nautilus seams tight trying to suck in the vapor. Ive tried friends and its much much easier to inhale. And when i exhale, the amount of vapor is not great at all. From the videos I've seen on youtube i should be able to produce a great deal more. But I'm not, just small amounts of vapor. Is this because of the battery issue or am I doing something wrong?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think you got a bum device.

With springs like those, they should accept any 18650 battery no problems.

Can you return it?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Take a photo of the inside of the mod please so I can see it and help. Adjust the airflow on the Nautilus wide open. They are not lung hitters, mouth to lung at best.

14r703.jpg
As you can see i broke the right prong. But i believe it still works because i placed one batter on it and it still fired. And the nautilus is still on the largest hole, but extremely hard to draw from it.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How broke is the prong? Snapped off?

Yes its snapped off. But seems to still work. But could it be its not putting out the same power because of that?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are most likely running on 1 battery. I have the Invader 2, the batteries are tight, but removable with a swat on the back of the box.

That was my first guess, but i can put on battery in the mod on the broken side, and nothing on the other side. And it still fires the same. Im wondering if its because theres not enough draw holes on the aspire? Because i tried friends last night and they were very easy to draw from, and produced a lot of vape.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you have the old BDC or newer BVC coils for your Nautilus? it's easy to tell the difference...if you look down the center of the coil and you see a hole in the middle then you have the newer BVC heads which are the good ones...if you see two coils criss-crossing then you have the old BDC coils and those are junk. I would get some BVC heads if you don't have them and then open the tank up all the way with the largest airflow hole, there are four different settings....that will help...you could also have a bit of liquid down your center hole if you do have the bvc heads that needs to be blown out by turning the tank upside down and blowing through the airhole while holding a paper towel under the top where you put the drip tip on....liquid in the center hole can cause the tank to gurgle and obstruct airflow...I would return and exchange you mod if you can since you've got a junk one...better to return it and be safe than use it with a broken battery connection that could cause bigger problems down the road and be sorry...

best of luck to you :)

VU Sponsors