Become a Patron!

Help with Tank Leak!

Hello. I recently purchased a vapstone Ceramikas tank and at first I absolutely loved it... But as soon as it came time to change the coil it started leaking every time I filled it. I have been using EC coils 0.3ohms that I had left over from my eleaf istick pico. Are these coils the problem? Should i only be using the FGCC coils?
Eleaf_EC_Coils_1b__91028.1442949199.1280.1280.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not familiar with that tank or the coils you are talking about.

IMHO, only use coils that the tank supports.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They look similar, however I don't think they will work properly without leaking.
You would have to measure the exact height and width of the two coils to see if it is leaving any gaps at the top.
Also, it appears the original coils have a much smaller juice flow hole.

Ceramikas Coils (Left) Eleaf EC Coils (Right)
upload_2017-1-6_20-1-34.pngupload_2017-1-6_20-2-19.png

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Lemme put it this way.

Your $20K car needs a new set of spark plugs.

Are you going to use the size/type/brand that the manufacture recommends?

Or are you going to go with something that looks like it will fit?

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried the 0.3 coils and unless the coils don't fit properly in your tank, these aren't the problem. They are designed to consume a small amount of liquid, and the liquid won't come easily true the holes of the coils so if the coil would be the problem the holes of the coils should be pierced or something similar.
I've noticed this when I had some dry hits and burn tastes on my tank a week ago and when I searched for an answer they said I needed to pierce 2 of the holes with something sharp like a nail. After this I had no more problems with it and the dry hits were gone. With that being said I'm sure the coils aren't a problem unless, of course, if the coil doesn't fit the tank.

Hope this helps!

VU Sponsors