Become a Patron!

Help with batteries

I recently bought a smok gx350, I purchased batteries for it but it just says there is no battery when they are fully charged. I am wondering if I should try new batteries. If so what batteries? or am I just doing something wrong?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
First thing I would check, is are the batteries in the mod correctly?
Next thing I would check is which batteries you are using. You MUST use at LEAST 15A High Drain Batteries. 20A to 25A are best. 30A is a waste (you would be charging them all the time)
Let us know what batteries you are using ASAP.. the wrong batteries can be dangerous.. Example.. a person in another forum wanted to build a 0.10 ohm build on a 5A battery.. that got a HARD NO from the forum members.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I dont know what batteries but I just ordered Lg hg2 chocalotes, do u think these would work
Yep, those will work. 20A 3000MaH.
How many are you using? Apparently, that mod no longer supports 2 cell usage. They changed it as it was causing performance issues.

Edit.. you say you just ordered.. do you have a pic of the batteries you have now?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
no, as long as those work I should be fine. what do you mean by 2 cell usage, is that only 2 batteries instead of 4?
yeah, apparently, that mod used to work with 2 batteries. But Smok changed that due to performance issues.

I think we covered the main causes of no battery issue..
Wrong type of battery (amps to low)
Battery in incorrectly
Not the required number of cells for what the mod now wants. (older units might still work with 2 batteries.. not sure)

VU Sponsors