Become a Patron!

Help & recipes for people that can't taste strawberry flavors.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lmao oh my. This is what everything is saying.
61ea1164adcb367196f8467d0587b051.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
:blech::giggle::giggle:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So do they all make fake strawberry out of beaver butt excretions? Or is there perhaps another animals excretions that could be used? Maybe they’ll work better? Lol!
You might be on to something there lol

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right. That can't be it though because I taste vanilla and raspberry just fine.

Ok. So not beaver butt.....but the ethyl maltose might be it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok.....I did a few minutes of research, culinary style.

Things that enhance strawberries.....

Balsamic vinegar
Citrus....lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit
Black pepper
Sugar(obviously)
Passion fruit
Basil
Apple
Mint
Vanilla

Food for thought. Maybe talk to @HeadInClouds about the pepper thing.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think I'd like peppered strawberries, but that's just me. How about strawberry + black tea for a contrasting flavor pairing?
Lol! I haven’t tried it myself, vaping or otherwise. Just brain storming about how to enhance the flavor of strawberry. The black tea thing sounds interesting....

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
So I got my order finally in and I'm not sure if you got around in trying the sweet strawberry (pur) yet. But as promised I'll report what I've found, after having played around with it the last couple days and mixed around 25 different juices that include that dumb strawberry. I tried it as accent flavor, secondary, main note and stand alone.

Its in my opinion an amazing non artificial or candy like strawberry. Not so much on the ripe side. I reminds me of a wild strawberry or one you would pick in the first weeks of summer, still has that slight light pink flesh taste with a bit of sweetness, but also a very light tart from the green.

As an accent when paired with very mild creams it turns into a more sweeter strawberry with some body, supporting the cream and adding a hint of fruitiness and brightness. When paired with other fruits, especially darker its easily lost. Would also add some great freshness with hint of fruit to cocktails.

As a secondary flavor note, at around 2 - 3%, it can support milder creams and milder natural fruit flavors as well as cocktails. At that percentage, it gets a bit bolder and darkens (if that makes sense) in its main sweetness but also increases the tartness. Not bad tho, adding a bit of sweetener or marshmallow (pur) would fix that, if somebody don't like it at all.

As a main flavor, first of all since its more on the natural side, you'll have to increase the percentage accordenly, with that mentioned at around 4% it turns into a good bowl of fresh cut strawberry with a hint of sugar. It can be increased up to 7% and should in richer/bolder recipes, especially when you want it strong strawberry inhale but still slightly linger in the exhale. Giving extra strawberry flavor throughout the whole vape. But again by itself it doesn't have much body/mouth feel to itself.

Its not a stand alone, above 7% it turns literally to liquid crap, at least in my opinion, its soapy, super tart and becomes more of a jello/jam, sadly not in a good way.

Overall summery, again my opinion tho, its a great natural slightly sweet strawberry, that can be used as freshness, brightener and fruitiness with super light to milder creams, cocktails or even teas and fruit bowls. Even would work in a true nesquick milk, or yoghurts, marshmallow or even cotton candy (I don't mean the cc sweetener lol), light stuff when trying to get it turned into candy recipe's.

I don't see it pair well with heavy custards or bakery and/or heavy cream recipes since it most likely will get lost. I have not paired it with other strawberries, it might add something to that, again I don't see that tho. Also it won't be a good pie/cake filling or topping by itself, adding rum/amber/vanillas etc does not turn it into that "baked" kinda feel and flavor you'll wishing for or thinking off.

I personally found pairing it with coconut, cream fresh, marshmallow, apricot, mango, dragon fruit, guave as well as green tea, lemon Sicily, vanilla Tahiti and milder custards were extremely successful for me, and not as artificial, candy like or undetectable in comparison to most other manufacturers strawberry.

All of these test bottles were created at different VG/PG ratios (60/40, 70/30, 75/25, 80/20 & 90/10), as well as being steeped in my ultrasonic cleanser and tested after 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 6 hrs, 8hrs and 12hr runs. There's barely any fading of the strawberry itself, but at some longer steeps even formerly lighter creams became a bit sour, but not the strawberries fault lol. Hope it helps, and again flavor is subjective and this is just my own personal opinion.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I got my order finally in and I'm not sure if you got around in trying the sweet strawberry (pur) yet. But as promised I'll report what I've found, after having played around with it the last couple days and mixed around 25 different juices that include that dumb strawberry. I tried it as accent flavor, secondary, main note and stand alone.

Its in my opinion an amazing non artificial or candy like strawberry. Not so much on the ripe side. I reminds me of a wild strawberry or one you would pick in the first weeks of summer, still has that slight light pink flesh taste with a bit of sweetness, but also a very light tart from the green.

As an accent when paired with very mild creams it turns into a more sweeter strawberry with some body, supporting the cream and adding a hint of fruitiness and brightness. When paired with other fruits, especially darker its easily lost. Would also add some great freshness with hint of fruit to cocktails.

As a secondary flavor note, at around 2 - 3%, it can support milder creams and milder natural fruit flavors as well as cocktails. At that percentage, it gets a bit bolder and darkens (if that makes sense) in its main sweetness but also increases the tartness. Not bad tho, adding a bit of sweetener or marshmallow (pur) would fix that, if somebody don't like it at all.

As a main flavor, first of all since its more on the natural side, you'll have to increase the percentage accordenly, with that mentioned at around 4% it turns into a good bowl of fresh cut strawberry with a hint of sugar. It can be increased up to 7% and should in richer/bolder recipes, especially when you want it strong strawberry inhale but still slightly linger in the exhale. Giving extra strawberry flavor throughout the whole vape. But again by itself it doesn't have much body/mouth feel to itself.

Its not a stand alone, above 7% it turns literally to liquid crap, at least in my opinion, its soapy, super tart and becomes more of a jello/jam, sadly not in a good way.

Overall summery, again my opinion tho, its a great natural slightly sweet strawberry, that can be used as freshness, brightener and fruitiness with super light to milder creams, cocktails or even teas and fruit bowls. Even would work in a true nesquick milk, or yoghurts, marshmallow or even cotton candy (I don't mean the cc sweetener lol), light stuff when trying to get it turned into candy recipe's.

I don't see it pair well with heavy custards or bakery and/or heavy cream recipes since it most likely will get lost. I have not paired it with other strawberries, it might add something to that, again I don't see that tho. Also it won't be a good pie/cake filling or topping by itself, adding rum/amber/vanillas etc does not turn it into that "baked" kinda feel and flavor you'll wishing for or thinking off.

I personally found pairing it with coconut, cream fresh, marshmallow, apricot, mango, dragon fruit, guave as well as green tea, lemon Sicily, vanilla Tahiti and milder custards were extremely successful for me, and not as artificial, candy like or undetectable in comparison to most other manufacturers strawberry.

All of these test bottles were created at different VG/PG ratios (60/40, 70/30, 75/25, 80/20 & 90/10), as well as being steeped in my ultrasonic cleanser and tested after 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 6 hrs, 8hrs and 12hr runs. There's barely any fading of the strawberry itself, but at some longer steeps even formerly lighter creams became a bit sour, but not the strawberries fault lol. Hope it helps, and again flavor is subjective and this is just my own personal opinion.
Very nice write up estorm. I did try it at 7%. It tasted like plastic or rubber. I didn't taste any strawberry at all. I assumed the flavor had gone bad. I think it's about 10 months old. Or maybe I used too much.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Very nice write up estorm. I did try it at 7%. It tasted like plastic or rubber. I didn't taste any strawberry at all. I assumed the flavor had gone bad. I think it's about 10 months old. Or maybe I used too much.

Try this

(Pur) sweet strawberry - 4%
(FA) Fuji apple - 0.25%
(FA) vanilla tahity - 1%

This is not an amazing juice of course but the vanilla as well as the apple does compliment the strawberry. You could shake and vape it, but the apple even at that low percentage is more pronounced, and if you can taste that strawberry it will be mild pinkish sweet. @1 week steep or 2hr water bath/ultrasonic cleanser, it balances out pretty good. Strawberry is now riper and sweeter and the main focus in that juice. You might like it, if you can't taste that too, well then I think you done with strawberry lol.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try this

(Pur) sweet strawberry - 4%
(FA) Fuji apple - 0.25%
(FA) vanilla tahity - 1%

This is not an amazing juice of course but the vanilla as well as the apple does compliment the strawberry. You could shake and vape it, but the apple even at that low percentage is more pronounced, and if you can taste that strawberry it will be mild pinkish sweet. @1 week steep or 2hr water bath/ultrasonic cleanser, it balances out pretty good. Strawberry is now riper and sweeter and the main focus in that juice. You might like it, if you can't taste that too, well then I think you done with strawberry lol.
will do. Do you have problems tasting strawberry?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
will do. Do you have problems tasting strawberry?

I can't taste most of them. Only one I can taste is the strawberry ripe but I hate the taste of it and now the purilium. All others no matter what I add to it, is like vaping plain VG to me. Percentage don't seem to matter either. Every time I do a strawberry vape or purchase store bought, I'll have my husband vape a whole tank first, because I always assume they forgot that flavor all together lol.

He says I'm crazy because there's no way that somebody can't taste strawberry, glad I'm not alone

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Strawberry has by far been the most difficult flavor to nail for DIY. For some reason, 90% of recipes I try or create, I can't taste any strawberry at all.

More info,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/49cap3/the_i_cant_taste_strawberry_club/

Strawberry's I can taste,

INW shisha strawberry
TFA strawberry
TFA ripe strawberry
CAP sweet strawberry
FLV strawberry smash

Strawberry's I can't taste,

FA strawberry
FA juicy strawberry
FLV strawberry
LB strawberry
Purilum ripe strawberry
Purilum sweet strawberry
Cap strawberry taffy
RF VG strawberry banana smoothie
RF VG strawberry lemonade
RF VG strawberry milkshake
RF SC strawberry
RF SC strawberry rhubarb
JF sweet strawberry
FW strawberry

I have a bunch of others I haven't tested yet. I've just lost the urge to test new things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try using multiple strawberry flavors. I've found this works best, since i never found a single flavoring that was the strawberry I was looking for.

VU Sponsors