Become a Patron!

Help & recipes for people that can't taste strawberry flavors.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My BCF order will be here today. Hopefully I can mix up something good! Going to cedar point Thursday through Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
here ya go buddy I know you dont have all these but Im going to send you some stuff later in the week :)

strawberry crunch

0.5% biszkopt INAWERA Flavours">INW
4% Cereal 27 (CAP)
0.25% Coconut (FA)
0.25% Marshmallow (FA)
0.5% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)
0.75% Strawberry Smash (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 6.25%

Only ones I'm missing now are the cereal and strawberry smash.

Also took out the recipe from my original post. I thought I tasted a little strawberry as a S&V but it must have all been in my head.

Edit: Change the title of this thread to accurately describe what's going on in here.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Added 2% tfa sweetener to a recipe containing 3% cap sweet strawberry and 6% tfa ripe strawberry and it did not bring out the strawberry at all.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just went into fuck it mode lol. Mixed up tfa strawberry at 15% with 5% tfa sweetener. It tastes exactly like it smells. Now I'm getting somewhere.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just went into fuck it mode lol. Mixed up tfa strawberry at 15% with 5% tfa sweetener. It tastes exactly like it smells. Now I'm getting somewhere.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: holy crap , man I tried it at 6 % and it gave me a headache lol. ..... wonder if I should try it to ? not sure I can do the 5% sweetener but I guess in the name of science right ? :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lmao go hard or go home! Let me know if you faint.

I'm starting to think that strawberry cotton candy I told you about didn't have any cotton candy at all.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just mixed using Shisha Strawberry for the first time. Mixed as single flavor first at 2.5% (thanx @Mykreign) & was it was awesome! Then mixed in watermelon FA 2.5% & it was fan-friggin-tastic! Now I can't put it down. Ahhhhh, hellz yeah!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
My first vapes ever were FA Watermelon and Strawberry. Then, I tried Shisha Strawberry, and wow!

Try FA and Shisha Strawberry blended with FA Watermelon, and it really is good (for fruity blends that is)

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My new favorite Strawberry vape:

3% - Sweet Strawberry - Capella
3% - Strawberry - Flavorart
1% - Biscuit - INW
2% - Fresh Cream - Flavorart
1% - Vienna Cream - Flavorart
1.5% - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Capella
35/65 @ 1.4 mg/ml

Or use FA Cookie instead of INW Biscuit
IN some respects, Cookie is better

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought you were joking. I guess we all have different taste buds

After 39 yrs of smoking, mine were damn near dead, and didn't even start recovering until I'd been smoke-free almost 2 yrs. Just hit 3 yrs smoke-free yesterday, and still have a long way to go to get back normal tasting, if I EVER get it back.

Andria

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After 39 yrs of smoking, mine were damn near dead, and didn't even start recovering until I'd been smoke-free almost 2 yrs. Just hit 3 yrs smoke-free yesterday, and still have a long way to go to get back normal tasting, if I EVER get it back.

Andria
Got it. I've tried a few of your recipes, but had to seriously lower some of the flavors. Mainly fruits.

PS. You don't have too bad of ppl skills

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got it. I've tried a few of your recipes, but had to seriously lower some of the flavors. Mainly fruits.

PS. You don't have too bad of ppl skills

I appreciate that. ;)

I keep lowering the flavoring of my strawberry & cream, as my tastebuds gradually recover, but it's a very slow process. Finally got it down to just a smidge over 25%; it's REALLY odd how much sweetener I needed at first, and that sweetener has been reduced most quickly and drastically.

Since my son has recently started vaping (he's 3 wks smoke-free today!), I've also started working on reducing the flavoring of my other two "best" recipes, Smocha and Cherry-Vanilla Pipe Tobacco -- he smoked for only a few years, quit for about 5 yrs, started back but only smoked for about 6 months before he agreed that he really needed to try vaping instead; obviously his tastebuds aren't nearly as impaired as my own, so he and I are working together to get those recipes' flavoring levels reduced.

I'm starting to try out a lot more FA flavors, which need far less flavoring to taste good, so hopefully by using FA, and with my gradually recovering tastebuds, I can start building some recipes with saner levels of flavoring. ;) It helps a lot that I do have my ADV strawberry & cream, so I can be a lot more patient with the steeping that lower percentages seems to require.

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Mixed up another but moved them down to 13% and 4%. A little easier on the taste buds and might lower it again but I've been enjoying this.

Going to try the same with other strawberries.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up another but moved them down to 13% and 4%. A little easier on the taste buds and might lower it again but I've been enjoying this.

Going to try the same with other strawberries.

I'm totally with you; if you can't taste something at very low percentages, the only thing to try is higher percentages. With some flavors, it doesn't work at all (TFA's blueberry extra disappears over 8%), but with some, it works just fine -- that's how I got started with shisha strawberry, using 16% of it at first. :giggle:

Andria

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
IMHO FLV Alpine Strawberry is best at a very low percentage. Like one or two FLV bottle drops in a 10 ml mix max. That's 0.2% to 0.4%. Check out the recipes on this page by @Smoky Blue http://flvfan.com/alpine-strawberry/ The Alpine Strawberry Mousse is delish. Just takes a few days for the molecules to get the party started.

Alpine Strawberry is expensive, but if you use it at low percentages you could make 7 liters or so of juice with that 15 ml bottle. It makes the price a little easier to handle.

Yeah, it really is.. and if you ever overdo flv, you can tell by the amount of steep time, or how it mutates, or chem trails or fades in a few weeks..
Best deal is I have yet to get bored with it, even after years of playing around with everything they have :)

Thanks @gopher_byrd I appreciate it! :)

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oooooooo, here's a good one. Steeps in a day or so. My new ADV too:

5% - Strawberry - Flavorart
2% - Sweet Strawberry - Capella
2.5% - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Capella
.5% - Meringue - Flavorart
.5% - Marshmallow - Flavorart
1.5% - Graham Cracker V2 - Capella
2% - Cookie - Flavorart
1% - Fig - Flavorart

1.5 mg/ml nic
40/60 or 30/70 (what I use) or max if you will.

Can really taste the Cookie, and strong realistic Strawberry. All is free of diacetyl, acetyl propionyl and acetoin (to my knowledge, or has very little if any)

The Fig and Marshmallow aids in sweetening the Strawberry, and Meringue seems to bring it all together better than without. I've considered boosting the Marshmallow, but why mess with what seems to be perfect.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

2% - Cookie - Flavorart
1% - Fig - Flavorart

1.5 mg/ml nic

Can really taste the Cookie, and strong realistic Strawberry. All is free of diacetyl, acetyl propionyl and acetoin (to my knowledge, or has very little if any)

The Fig and Marshmallow aids in sweetening the Strawberry, and Meringue seems to bring it all together better than without. I've considered boosting the Marshmallow, but why mess with what seems to be perfect.
nice touch with the fig. forgot about that flavor I always liked it

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

2% - Cookie - Flavorart
1% - Fig - Flavorart

1.5 mg/ml nic

If I have time, I'll mix that up tomorrow. I'll have to leave out the fig. I'll try it as is first and if I can't taste the strawberry, I'll try adding sweetener. I like that it doesn't have custard or cheesecake in it.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If I have time, I'll mix that up tomorrow. I'll have to leave out the fig. I'll try it as is first and if I can't taste the strawberry, I'll try adding sweetener. I like that it doesn't have custard or cheesecake in it.

you got to try you some fig someday. I used it in Mama Js Choco Pow Pow. awesome secret ingredient lol

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks!
It has Cookie tho lol.
I was really surprised how well the Cookie stood out. Normally it's a side note for me

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice touch with the fig. forgot about that flavor I always liked it
Same here. I like it so much I got a back up bottle then some how I forgot all about it. I need to look through my recipes and take a trip to Fig Town.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!
It has Cookie tho lol.
I was really surprised how well the Cookie stood out. Normally it's a side note for me

lol that's alright. I haven't had a cookie recipe in awhile now. I'm just tired of strawberry + cheesecake/custard. It's by far the most unoriginal, most sought after recipe.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol that's alright. I haven't had a cookie recipe in awhile now. I'm just tired of strawberry + cheesecake/custard. It's by far the most unoriginal, most sought after recipe.

I know what you mean tho. I like trying custard and cheesecake with something new and with different flaves, making a really obscure and off the wall vape that makes people say "man, what is in that, it's so good!". But I seem to have run into somewhat of a roadblock. You see I've tried virtually all of the cheesecake flavorings, but I simply can not find one that is super cheesy. Not even from BCV (who seems to be the one stop shop). I've read many many reviews, and TFA New York Cheesecake is supposedly known to be the cheesiest of all. But I just don't get that out of it. I taste everything but the cheesy part of the flavoring. I'm not sure if I ruined my taste buds, or if I simply have gotten old NY Cheesecake flavoring from BCV (and I doubt that because they are a really popular vendor)

So I am on the hunt for a cheesy cheesecake flavor to perfect my Mother's Unicorn Milk. Because I thought I had it nailed to perfection (and it is very good), but when I tried a local shop's Unicorn Milk, it had the cheese I was looking for, but way too much and was over powering. So I blended in some of my mix (like 75% of mine, and 25% of theirs), and it was the most amazing vape I've tasted. It'd be nice to find a good recommendation from VU for sure

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know what you mean tho. I like trying custard and cheesecake with something new and with different flaves, making a really obscure and off the wall vape that makes people say "man, what is in that, it's so good!". But I seem to have run into somewhat of a roadblock. You see I've tried virtually all of the cheesecake flavorings, but I simply can not find one that is super cheesy. Not even from BCV (who seems to be the one stop shop). I've read many many reviews, and TFA New York Cheesecake is supposedly known to be the cheesiest of all. But I just don't get that out of it. I taste everything but the cheesy part of the flavoring. I'm not sure if I ruined my taste buds, or if I simply have gotten old NY Cheesecake flavoring from BCV (and I doubt that because they are a really popular vendor)

So I am on the hunt for a cheesy cheesecake flavor to perfect my Mother's Unicorn Milk. Because I thought I had it nailed to perfection (and it is very good), but when I tried a local shop's Unicorn Milk, it had the cheese I was looking for, but way too much and was over powering. So I blended in some of my mix (like 75% of mine, and 25% of theirs), and it was the most amazing vape I've tasted. It'd be nice to find a good recommendation from VU for sure

It's rare to get a really sought-after, elusive flavor from just one flavoring; it's usually better to compound several in a recipe (the way a lot of y'all are doing with strawberry, and as I usually do with blueberry). I haven't tried the NY Cheesecake, I think it has diketones, but to me, their Cheesecake Graham is, at first, nothing but acetyl pyrazine ("scent of fritos")... though it calms down if you steep it a couple weeks. But lately I've started using that one together with LorAnn's Cream Cheese Icing... and it comes pretty damn close.

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could try using tfa dairy milk if you haven't yet. Maybe a mixture of NY cheesecake, dairy milk and cream cheese icing.

Idk what kind of cheese flavoring you're after, but tfa Greek yogurt gets pretty putrid and high percentages. Could be like spoiled milk (cheese) lol

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's rare to get a really sought-after, elusive flavor from just one flavoring; it's usually better to compound several in a recipe (the way a lot of y'all are doing with strawberry, and as I usually do with blueberry). I haven't tried the NY Cheesecake, I think it has diketones, but to me, their Cheesecake Graham is, at first, nothing but acetyl pyrazine ("scent of fritos")... though it calms down if you steep it a couple weeks. But lately I've started using that one together with LorAnn's Cream Cheese Icing... and it comes pretty damn close.

Andria
That's very weird you said that Andrea, because I just ordered yesterday the cream cheese icing from LorAnn! Haha! The reason why I bought it is because I wanted to try that with some cheesecake flavorings. Very interesting you said that.

And about the cheesecake flavorings. To me, the foremost note I taste is the acetyl pyrazine too. Some of them are a little smoother than others like Flavorah. That one has all around a pretty good taste, if I can get it a little cheesier I'm in business

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could try using tfa dairy milk if you haven't yet. Maybe a mixture of NY cheesecake, dairy milk and cream cheese icing.

Idk what kind of cheese flavoring you're after, but tfa Greek yogurt gets pretty putrid and high percentages. Could be like spoiled milk (cheese) lol

That's actually some pretty good thinking, that might actually work. I'm going to try that because I do have the yogurt. I also have condensed milk from FA. Talk about a putrid flavoring, that is got to be the most awful flavoring in all of vaping flavorings! But one drop for 20 ml? That might actually work. Trying now......

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's actually some pretty good thinking, that might actually work. I'm going to try that because I do have the yogurt. I also have condensed milk from FA. Talk about a putrid flavoring, that is got to be the most awful flavoring in all of vaping flavorings! But one drop for 20 ml? That might actually work. Trying now......

Lol good luck!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's very weird you said that Andrea, because I just ordered yesterday the cream cheese icing from LorAnn! Haha! The reason why I bought it is because I wanted to try that with some cheesecake flavorings. Very interesting you said that.

And about the cheesecake flavorings. To me, the foremost note I taste is the acetyl pyrazine too. Some of them are a little smoother than others like Flavorah. That one has all around a pretty good taste, if I can get it a little cheesier I'm in business

I seem to be extremely sensitive to that AP smell, but I've found that it does calm down quite a bit with a couple weeks' steep.

Andria

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I seem to be extremely sensitive to that AP smell, but I've found that it does calm down quite a bit with a couple weeks' steep.

Andria
I am now too. I used to love HIC's Peanut Butter, but now, I can't stand it. even after a few days, or weeks of steeping, I just don't like it anymore. Only a few recipes can I handle it in low percentages, and it has to blend in with everything else well to where I can't detect it. That's why some of these cheesecakes just bother me. They use it so everything melds together, by I spot it easy

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Mykreign have you evr tried lemon to brighten up strawberry? just a dash can help a bunch sometimes
The best!
In a watermelon strawberry I add 1 or 2 (if I want to go bold) drops of Lime Tahiti cold pressed to brighten too. Both are equally as fun to use.

I have also added 1 drop of INW Dragonfruit for strawberry to add even more fun!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just the one time u got me to buy FE lemon. It's been awhile. I'll have to try again

I was playing with Sicily and strawberry this morning for my pink milk version 554,755,863 and 1/2 then I ruined it with grenadine lol. and PS I sent you some strawberry custard anyways :p

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was playing with Sicily and strawberry this morning for my pink milk version 554,755,863 and 1/2 then I ruined it with grenadine lol. and PS I sent you some strawberry custard anyways :p
What is this pink milk you speak of - is there a recipe?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Strawberry custard eliquid? Like already made? Lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What is this pink milk you speak of - is there a recipe?
there may be someday if I ever get it the way I like it. pink nesquick is the goal :) maybe only 213,1234 versions to go :giggle:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Strawberry custard eliquid? Like already made? Lol

negative no some Mama Js Sberry Custard concentrate. I want to see what you think about it

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
negative no some Mama Js Sberry Custard concentrate. I want to see what you think about it

Alright, I'm almost outta work and then off to the mailbox I go. Do you have a recommended percentage?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Alright, I'm almost outta work and then off to the mailbox I go. Do you have a recommended percentage?

recommended usage on it was 14% like Game Over, seemed most like it in the 10-14 range... personally I like the 14 so you can swim in it lol... nothing like GOC as far as profile 2 complete different recipes. its got a seceret hook in it

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
recommended usage on it was 14% like Game Over, seemed most like it in the 10-14 range... personally I like the 14 so you can swim in it lol... nothing like GOC as far as profile 2 complete different recipes. its got a seceret hook in it

Is it crab?

VU Sponsors