Become a Patron!

Help pleaseeee

Okay, so my girlfriend has been nagging me for months about quitting smoking so I finally went down to the vape shop to look into a start up set. I ended up buying one (a basic set up called count vapula). I loved it. Then I bought a istick eleaf 30watt with a kangertech tank on it with an occ coil. I had to replace the coil when I got it (bought it off a friend). So I bought the new coil set everything up and it is hands down the most disgusting, hot, nasty, burnt tasting thing I've ever tasted in my entire life. I switched back to the count vapula pen, replaced the coil on that. And I'm having the same issues. No flavor,just burnt taste. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I'm at the point where I'd rather just smoke. All I've seen on YouTube is people bragging about how good juices taste and how much cheaper it is to vape, and I'm finding the complete opposite. I spent 50$ on my start up pen and juices and 30 on the other pen. Then 10 on replacement coils. I'm almost in the hole 100 dollars (2 cartons of cigarettes) and I'm getting nothing out of it. If anyone could give me any tips on what I need to do to fix this let me know!
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20150901_002747.jpg
    IMG_20150901_002747.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 24

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you know what vg pg ratio the juice is and what coil did you get .5 ohm 1.2 ohm did you let the coil stand after you filled the tank or just vape straight away.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

It says 70/30 on the bottles. The occ coil is a .5 and the other pen is a 1.8. When I got the occ coil I put it into my pen in the car and my girlfriend fired it with no juice in it so I'm not sure if that messed it up. I filled the tank when I got home. And primed it like they told me to at the shop by dry hitting it with the vents closed on it

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok best guess is your wicks are burnt some how.
how do you burn wicks, well easy
use to much power for the coil
fire the coil when its dry

So here is the first question
when you installed the NEW coils, did you prime the wick? or do you not know what i mean?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes on those pre built disposable coils they pack the wicking too tight, and I'll get burnt harsh , I carefully will remove a couple strands of the wicking material with tweezers (just 2 at the most) then it is better. just a thought.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's been fired with no juice it's prob burnt the cotton the .5 ohm coil shouldn't work on the pen shouldn't even fire and if it does don't use it the battery isn't safe for that low a resistance.the pen one should use 50/50 juice higher vg liquid won't wick right and you will burn the wick which you prob have don't let this put you off vaping iv been doing it over a year now and make my own juice and coils and it's cheap.the shop should have explained this to you.

This stuff is so dang confusing :/ thanks for the help everyone but I think I'm gonna go back to smoking. Easier, and cheaper.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have a basically easy set up, and it does take a little bit of a learning curve, Don't give up too easy!!
Come back to it after a few hours with a fresh mindset and keep asking questions, we'll help you :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well go smoke if you want

if you want that kange rto work correctly
spend the $4 for one more coil ask for a 1.2 ohm coil
when you get it
put 3 or 4 drops of juice directly down the middle
put 2 or 3 drop sin each hole you see with white stuff.
fill the tank and put it all together.
let it sit for 5 minutes
set the eleaf to about 15 watts
then try it
and you should be good to go

IN FACT
tank the whole thing wih you to the vape store where you get the coil and ask them to show you how to prime the coil properly so you can see what i mean

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe just not ready to give up the stinks. And move on to a wonderful world of vaping.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a cigarette forum for people who want to give up vaping and move on to cigs.lol

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry didn't mean to offend you I gave you advice and you said stuff it im going back to ciggs don't give up at the first hurdle if you really want to give up the cigs get another coil for the subtank a 1.2 ohm like suggested above prime the coil before firing fill the tank let it sit for a bit to fully saturate the wicks set the istick to 15 watts to start with you can gradually work up on the watts and enjoy if you like mouth to lung hits like you do when you smoke turn the airflow to the smallest setting on the tank and if you want to take a lung hit open the airflow up what mg nicotine is the juice you have.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@i420x
richards trying to help. we all have our own way of doing it.

you are getting burnt wicks
which is common for a beginner. hell ive been vaping for 4+ years and still burn a wick once in a while.

once the wick is burned, it tastes nasty no matter what, so you have to replace the coil. But all new coils need primed. which basically means getting the wick nice and wet BEFORE YOU PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON.

On the subtank there is a big hole at the top, the opposite end from where the thread are to screw it in to the base. you must put about 3-5 drops of juice down that hole, then a few drop son the other 2 holes that you can see white stuff in. BEFORE YOU close up the tank.
then some let the tank sit filled for a few minutes to make sure the wick is wet. THEN YOU CAN PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON

Now the othe rissue you have to be careful is setting the watts TOO high because that can burn the wick even when its wet

So start at 10-watts

the 1.2 ohm col can handle up to about 15-18 watts
the .5 coil can go up to about 20-24 watts

then the final issue is not letting the wick get dry by using up all the juice and trying to vape it with no juice in the tank.

It take some practice. when I first got a kanger subtank about 6 months ago
i fucked up the first 2 or 3 coils, now i get 3 weeks out of a coil

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just smoke and vape for now. Work on getting your setup dialed in and if/when you have issues, lite a smoke and don't worry about it.

It will eventually be more cost effective. For now, you dumped a bunch of money into it... but now you have a coil head every few weeks ($5) and 30 to 60 ml of juice per week so you should be a little less than the average $6 a day smoke habit.
If you start to mix your own juice, the cost goes WAY down to about $5 per 30 ml and you can make it whatever ratio of vg/pg and whatever level of nic... and it's kinda fun to do every couple of weeks.

And as a bonus to the whole thing is you may even live longer ;)

I have to admit, I did find the forum for vapers trying to get back on cigs part funny :D

Good luck and remember that you won't be crucified for having a smoke when your setup is pissing you off

Sorry didn't mean to offend you I gave you advice and you said stuff it im going back to ciggs don't give up at the first hurdle if you really want to give up the cigs get another coil for the subtank a 1.2 ohm like suggested above prime the coil before firing fill the tank let it sit for a bit to fully saturate the wicks set the istick to 15 watts to start with you can gradually work up on the watts and enjoy if you like mouth to lung hits like you do when you smoke turn the airflow to the smallest setting on the tank and if you want to take a lung hit open the airflow up what mg nicotine is the juice you have.

When they gave me the juice they said it was 14 but its marked 12 on the bottle, not sure if its because there's no 14 option to check or what. And on the kanger, it is a 1.2ohm coil that I have now that I look at it again. The guy who sold it to me said its a .5. And I'm almost positive the coil is burnt from dry firing it before I primed it now that I read all these responses. So I'm going to go down to the shop tomorrow and get a replacement. Sorry if I came off as an ass. I'm just trying to get this stuff to work and tired of dumping money into it with the learning curve.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
believe me i haetd dumping money into the learning curve so i understand. No worries we are all mostly cool and understanding here

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When they gave me the juice they said it was 14 but its marked 12 on the bottle, not sure if its because there's no 14 option to check or what. And on the kanger, it is a 1.2ohm coil that I have now that I look at it again. The guy who sold it to me said its a .5. And I'm almost positive the coil is burnt from dry firing it before I primed it now that I read all these responses. So I'm going to go down to the shop tomorrow and get a replacement. Sorry if I came off as an ass. I'm just trying to get this stuff to work and tired of dumping money into it with the learning curve.

No big deal at all, Welcome to VU and I'm glad your here, keep us posted on how it goes after you grab another few coils:)

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No probs sounds to me like the shop hasn't been very helpful plz stick with the vaping and get another coil if your still not happy then think about giving up try and get a lower nic juice as the subtank needs less nic to have the desired affect.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Okay, so my girlfriend has been nagging me for months about quitting smoking so I finally went down to the vape shop to look into a start up set. I ended up buying one (a basic set up called count vapula). I loved it. Then I bought a istick eleaf 30watt with a kangertech tank on it with an occ coil. I had to replace the coil when I got it (bought it off a friend). So I bought the new coil set everything up and it is hands down the most disgusting, hot, nasty, burnt tasting thing I've ever tasted in my entire life. I switched back to the count vapula pen, replaced the coil on that. And I'm having the same issues. No flavor,just burnt taste. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I'm at the point where I'd rather just smoke. All I've seen on YouTube is people bragging about how good juices taste and how much cheaper it is to vape, and I'm finding the complete opposite. I spent 50$ on my start up pen and juices and 30 on the other pen. Then 10 on replacement coils. I'm almost in the hole 100 dollars (2 cartons of cigarettes) and I'm getting nothing out of it. If anyone could give me any tips on what I need to do to fix this let me know!
Thanks in advance
The vape shop should of set it all up for you with showing you how to, and walked out of their a happy camper.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very understandable how you can become easily frustrated and irritable especially when all those chemicals that we ALL WERE addicted to start to cause withdraws. I highly recommend you take some time, grab a smoke, then check out some YouTube vids regarding the tanks and coils your using. Here's one I found for you.

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the info. I see a whole bunch of mistakes I made that I never knew about. Thanks, everybody.

Hey 420, definitely NOT trying to be condescending, but also don't wanna look like an ass myself! I'm 3 weeks into vaping, after almost 20 years of smoking! My mom just passed in April from lung cancer! I swore to her I'd quit! I can't believe how EASY it was with vaping! I have an itaste mvp! (That's all I know about it ) I started at 18 mg and I am now mixing 6mg and 0mg. In 3 1/2 weeks, I've had to replace my coil twice! I saturate the holes with juice! Even still it tastes burnt for a few hours! EVENTUALLY, that taste goes away and it tastes like yummy sweet tarts! PLEASE don't give up! Smoking cigarettes WILL kill you! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors