Become a Patron!

Help Please! I have a few questions.

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Cool Fire IV, with a iClear 30 on Sunday. So far I haven't switched e-juices, I did clean my coil earlier in the week it had a funny taste(i think from being brand-new). Starting yesterday, whenever i fill my tank up the e-juice turns a amber color. Is this because of the juice? (Mt. baker vapor Admiral Berry Crunch PG:20% VG:80%, Nicotine: 18 mg, Mfg date:4/28/15 I bought it from my local shop) , I will probably clean the coil when use this up to see if that fixes it. Any ideas on why this is happening?
this is the iClear I have : http://cdn3.volusion.com/pnhwe.bmygz/v/vspfiles/photos/INK-IC30-2.jpg

Other Questions:
With the I clear 30, how often should i change the coils?

I would really like to get a Innokin iSub Clearomizer for my all the time tank. Is there really a differance between the iSub G sub-ohm and the iSub sub-ohm? Other then the price? How often should you change the coils on something like that?

Last one lol. With these two tanks would one be better then the other for somebody quitting smoking?

I'm really sorry that was ALOT. lol. I'm pretty new to vaping, or at least caring/knowing about what I have. I used all kinds of e-cigs to try out when they first came out (hated these things) , then I got a vape like a eGo, got a taste for vaping I used that for about a year. Now i'm trying to start learning about everything, it's becoming a hobby really.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ill answer this much
i used the iclear 30 then 30s for months
coils lasted me about 2-3 weeks
at 5ml a day

if you switch to a sub ohm tank
its a different world
you need juice that is 6mg or less nic
because you will be getting 3 times the vapor production of the iclear 30 so thats 3 times the nicotine at once as well as 3 times the throat hit

no one thing is better then something else for quitting smoking
its all about what works for you

the juice is like 5 months old
the nic is oxidizing probably
its ok
no worries
but it does turn amber to brown as it oxidizes
keep the bottle in a cool dark place when not in use

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ISub has a polycarbonate tank, the the ISub G has a glass tank. Coils are the same (.5. 1.0, etc...)

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if you switch to a sub ohm tank
its a different world
you need juice that is 6mg or less nic
because you will be getting 3 times the vapor production of the iclear 30 so thats 3 times the nicotine at once as well as 3 times the throat hit

I had no idea about this! I'm waiting on a bunch of 12 mg juices, i woulda just used them and probably would get sick. 18 mgs with the iclear is too muchh. Thank you for taking the time to answer everything!
Thanks ChrisL!

dreadacidic_mel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll definitely want a glass tank, so the ISub G. (Glass just has less issues. Some juices react with plastic/wtv tanks and they crack) Also, I started on 12 mg in an ego and bf started with 18 mg in a basic mod. We've both switched to sub ohm and gone straight down to a MAX of 3mg. Usually lower (we mix our own juice).
Can tell you this tho, once you go sub ohm, you don't go back. It's the best thing since sliced bread

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U, We are here to help each other and welcome questions! Change coils when you notice less vape, sometimes juice will darken after a day or so in the tank because it has been heated some by the coil. If you do go with sub ohm definitely drop to the 3 - 6 mg nic level and again change coils when the vape tapers. As stated above tank choice is personal preference and yes go with glass. I hope this helps you!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmm, curiosity has gotten the best of me. And since no one else asked. ;)

How much MBV did you get? And what were you charged for it?

Just wondering if it's in line with what MVB charges.

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm, curiosity has gotten the best of me. And since no one else asked. ;)

How much MBV did you get? And what were you charged for it?

Just wondering if it's in line with what MVB charges.

They charged either 7.99 or 8.99 for one 15ml bottle they have like a couple dollars off if you buy multiple bottles. I came home and looked them up online I will be ordering from them online now :p. I ordered 30 ml, for a similar price I paid for the smaller bottle, plus i got to pick my VG/PG. I think if i ordered just one 15ml plus the shipping it would probably be fair enough.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can get it even cheaper lol

A 236ml bottle, is about $36. I'll leave the math too you. Some people don't like ordering large quantiles, that I understand too.

I DIY and people give me funny looks over mixing a liter at a time. But, if you really like a flavor. I don't think there is such a thing as having too much. ;)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The color change is because of the sugar/nicotine in the liquid.. Make sure ur coils are saturated before vaping, follow recommended wattage for the coils.
You will know when your coil head needs to be change, be careful where you buy ur coil heads,there's a lot of damage coil heads out there due to mass manufacturing.
VAPE ON

VAPE ON

VU Sponsors