Become a Patron!

Help Pick 30mm RTA Please...

Guys...I need...direction...

I really want a new tank for my HexOhm, I haven't used it since I bought a new setup. Mostly because it still has a Kanger Subtank attached to it, and it's just not enough anymore. Right now I'm using a Griffin Tank on a RX200. I typically build it between .25-.50ohm.

I want a 30mm tank. I want to fill it full of my favorite juice and use it at home, like a big fluffy recliner.

I've been doing research and talking to people all day and I've found:

The Ohmega Alpha BFT - Which aesthetically, I really like. It comes in white and that works with my color scheme. It's also the cheapest one I've found. But I've heard that it's prone to leaking, the top cap threads are crunchy, it's hard to fill, and you can't easily change the drip tip because it's a custom size. (I found one guy who makes them, but it's like $30 for a tip and that's the only mod you can use it on.)

The Mason Dumptank - Again, aesthetically I like this mod. It doesn't come in white, but the gunmetal finish is pretty. I love the spin fill it has, that looks super continent. I also liked how you stuffed it with cotton, it looks like super easy to build and wick. It IS more expensive than the BFT but it's not terrible. I just got done reading a thread on here about how it leaks. That it seems to be an age thing, and the more you fill it the faster the leaking starts. Some reporting as little as a few tanks to three or five weeks was the longest. Granted, this was only a handful of individuals chatting about this, but still concerning. And there didn't seem to be a fix for the issue, either. Once the spin fill becomes loose there's no way to tighten it. Some had gotten away with replacing the seals all the time, but the issue always came back.

The Modfather - I haven't really found a ton of information on this thing. Overwhelmingly, most everyone seems to love it and venomously defends it. I've heard that there's zero leaks from multiple people. I've heard there's a ton of support for it, as well. I can't find any for sale anywhere...I found one person who knows one person who has two for sale (shady), and that one person wanted like $80 plus shipping. Like, I really wasn't wanting to spend close to $100 on a tank. I was like, $70-$75 max. I'm also not sure if you can change its drip tip, but the one guy who could make the one for the BFT can also make one for it granted that's another $30 on top of the $80+shipping

So what do I do? To a point I'm starting to feel like they all suck and I should just go get a second one of what I have... What other options do I have?

I want a rebuildable tank that I can put a lot of juice in. Like 7-10ml. Duel coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I really want a new tank for my HexOhm, I haven't used it since I bought a new setup. Mostly because it still has a Kanger Subtank attached to it, and it's just not enough anymore. Right now I'm using a Griffin Tank on a RX200. I typically build it between .25-.50ohm.

I want a 30mm tank. I want to fill it full of my favorite juice and use it at home, like a big fluffy recliner.

The Ohmega Alpha BFT - Which aesthetically, I really like. It comes in white and that works with my color scheme. It's also the cheapest one I've found. But I've heard that it's prone to leaking, the top cap threads are crunchy, it's hard to fill, and you can't easily change the drip tip because it's a custom size. (I found one guy who makes them, but it's like $30 for a tip and that's the only mod you can use it on.)

The Mason Dumptank - Again, aesthetically I like this mod. It doesn't come in white, but the gunmetal finish is pretty. I love the spin fill it has, that looks super continent. I also liked how you stuffed it with cotton, it looks like super easy to build and wick. It IS more expensive than the BFT but it's not terrible. I just got done reading a thread on here about how it leaks. That it seems to be an age thing, and the more you fill it the faster the leaking starts. Some reporting as little as a few tanks to three or five weeks was the longest. Granted, this was only a handful of individuals chatting about this, but still concerning. And there didn't seem to be a fix for the issue, either. Once the spin fill becomes loose there's no way to tighten it. Some had gotten away with replacing the seals all the time, but the issue always came back.

The Modfather - I haven't really found a ton of information on this thing. Overwhelmingly, most everyone seems to love it and venomously defends it. I've heard that there's zero leaks from multiple people. I've heard there's a ton of support for it, as well. I can't find any for sale anywhere...I found one person who knows one person who has two for sale (shady), and that one person wanted like $80 plus shipping. Like, I really wasn't wanting to spend close to $100 on a tank. I was like, $70-$75 max. I'm also not sure if you can change its drip tip, but the one guy who could make the one for the BFT can also make one for it granted that's another $30 on top of the $80+shipping

So what do I do? To a point I'm starting to feel like they all suck and I should just go get a second one of what I have... What other options do I have?

I want a rebuildable tank that I can put a lot of juice in. Like 7-10ml. Duel coil.

The new Aromamizer Plus is 30mm, with 20ml, 10ml, 5ml & you can use it in RDA mod. Comes with replacement glass & postless deck. Velocity & series deck available soon. Join the Steamcrave Facebook fan club to see build pics from beta testers. They are a great group of people, always willing to share & help. Subtanksupply has them in stock, will start shipping tomorrow its on preorder until tonight for $45.00. Maybe try YouTube to see if there are any vids. The beta testers all rave about the smooth airflow & flavor.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohmega Alpha BFT 30mm (love this one and not had a single bit of trouble form it)
Ohmega Beast 30mm
Ohmega Calypso 30mm
Aromamizer Plus 30mm
Modfather 30mm (there is a rather large thread in here for it)
Mason Dumptank seems to get more negative reviews than good however I have not tried it.

You like big stuff?

I like juice. Big stuff fills a lot of juice! Can't wait to build some big coils, too.

The new Aromamizer Plus is 30mm, with 20ml, 10ml, 5ml & you can use it in RDA mod. Comes with replacement glass & postless deck. Velocity & series deck available soon. Join the Steamcrave Facebook fan club to see build pics from beta testers. They are a great group of people, always willing to share & help. Subtanksupply has them in stock, will start shipping tomorrow its on preorder until tonight for $45.00. Maybe try YouTube to see if there are any vids. The beta testers all rave about the smooth airflow & flavor.

I did some YouTube on this. There were a lot of them posted over six months ago. One I found of the one that was coming out, and it looks very...complicated. I'd consider it more once the velocity deck was out

Ohmega Alpha BFT 30mm (love this one and not had a single bit of trouble form it)
Ohmega Beast 30mm
Ohmega Calypso 30mm
Aromamizer Plus 30mm
Mason Dumptank seems to get more negative reviews than good however I have not tried it.

Okay. No to the Calypso, I don't like genesis style tanks.

The Ohmega beast doesn't look bad I just watched a video on it. From the video though I couldn't tell, is the drip tip fused to its top cap? It seemed like it had two different top caps if you wanted Delrin or SS...Still not a huge fan of that.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay. No to the Calypso, I don't like genesis style tanks.
The Ohmega beast doesn't look bad I just watched a video on it. From the video though I couldn't tell, is the drip tip fused to its top cap? It seemed like it had two different top caps if you wanted Delrin or SS...Still not a huge fan of that.
I also am not a fan of the genesis style. But it vapes well.
The Beast top caps (both) are all one piece.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like juice. Big stuff fills a lot of juice! Can't wait to build some big coils, too.

I present the Modfather with the Tall Kit, holds 20ml juice

modfather-3_zpsn8ztsvde.jpg

Yea I've skimmed through a lot of that thread. It does look like a great tank. Maybe a little more complicated than I'd like- taking it apart and cleaning it looks like a chore with all the pieces and that tiny oring in the base. Plus it has its own special tip.

And I'd over look all of that if I could find one in stock for msrp. Like I said in the first post, I found one shady maybe to get one that's still over $80, and I think I saw one online store that had one for $90. That's just too much.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yea I've skimmed through a lot of that thread. It does look like a great tank. Maybe a little more complicated than I'd like- taking it apart and cleaning it looks like a chore with all the pieces and that tiny oring in the base. Plus it has its own special tip.

And I'd over look all of that if I could find one in stock for msrp. Like I said in the first post, I found one shady maybe to get one that's still over $80, and I think I saw one online store that had one for $90. That's just too much.

It is actually a fairly simple atty - I'm no genius of building and had zero issues with building or wicking it.

This thing is solidly built and very well machined :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might as well add the Scottua clone from fasttech to the mix. It has it's cons as well, mainly the condensation that builds up on your mod because of the bottom airflow. Easily remedied if you get the 30mm heat sink that fasttech also sells. It's got a weird build deck but holds 12ml of juice with the tall glass and about 5ml with the short glass.

Every 30mm tank is going to have some shortcomings. Just have to decide what works best for you. I would stear clear of the Dumptank though, worst buy I have ever made in vaping, heaping pile of shit. The 40mm version doesn't seem to have the same problems as the 30mm though.

Here is the Scottua with the short glass and heat sink. This tank really does perform really well for a cheap price but I would not recommend without the heatsink

aedf166c34b9b1dd4e92ecc778edfe0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ohmega Beast 30mm
Ohmega Calypso 30mm
Aromamizer Plus 30mm

funny enough with all the 30mm attys i have, i've barely used them. most are still in my unopened pile lol. too many attys not enough time. i haven't used my BFT, calypso, or beast.
I love the modfather but it's far from perfect IMO
The dumptank is prone to dumping all your juice. thats why I didn't get one. everyone basically says it leaks like crazy
and my 30mm aromamizer plus is arriving in 3 days lol I'm gonna jump on that for a review right away and try and get it out there early.

another good and cheap option is the Iron Maiden. it's a RDTA style but i got mine for 21 bucks from gearbest. The flavor in it is amazing due to a ceramic cover that keeps the vapor cooler and the chamber smaller. It has a 7ml capacity and is made for dual coils (has the velocity deck)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Might as well add the Scottua clone from fasttech to the mix. It has it's cons as well, mainly the condensation that builds up on your mod because of the bottom airflow. Easily remedied if you get the 30mm heat sink that fasttech also sells. It's got a weird build deck but holds 12ml of juice with the tall glass and about 5ml with the short glass.

Every 30mm tank is going to have some shortcomings. Just have to decide what works best for you. I would stear clear of the Dumptank though, worst buy I have ever made in vaping, heaping pile of shit. The 40mm version doesn't seem to have the same problems as the 30mm though.

Here is the Scottua with the short glass and heat sink. This tank really does perform really well for a cheap price but I would not recommend without the heatsink

aedf166c34b9b1dd4e92ecc778edfe0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I think mine is gonna be here this week

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
my 30mm aromamizer plus is arriving in 3 days lol I'm gonna jump on that for a review right away and try and get it out there early.

Anxiously waiting for your review of this tank. I may actually get a 30mm if its good.
Then, of course, I'll have to get a mod that will do it justice.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anxiously waiting for your review of this tank. I may actually get a 30mm if its good.
Then, of course, I'll have to get a mod that will do it justice.
I'm trying to build up on mods that handle 30mm tanks. Right now I just have 3 but I might grab a sense blazer too. I was holding out for gbox150 but geekvape is taking forever lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My buddy uses this system more often.... He begins at 7:00 am and the next day at 1:00am he's still puffing.... He Vapes also pretty high above 80 watts.....

He loves them some much he has several starched away for the Apocalypse........

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Wow sounds like great battery life!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the top 3 everyone will list is the modfather, aromamizer plus, and iron maiden. those are my top 3 as well. there are some good cheaper ones too like the ohmega beast and ohmega alpha BFT

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the top 3 everyone will list is the modfather, aromamizer plus, and iron maiden. those are my top 3 as well. there are some good cheaper ones too like the ohmega beast and ohmega alpha BFT
The ohmega is nice but no airflow adjustment.... If you like a lot of air it's a good one but it also leaks out the AFC..... Get this and stop messing around.... Inspects has (4) running on (4) mods at all times.... And he is a picky guy with Flavor.....
C360_2017-03-14-12-51-25-924.jpgC360_2017-03-15-13-11-14-613.jpgC360_2017-03-11-12-24-25-111.jpgC360_2017-03-10-14-31-04-589.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The size, volume, is the favorite from any tank I've owned. But light stainless steel material it gets damaged very easily.....

that's why it's a cheaper option lol. unlike the modfather which could be used as a weapon ;)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Save and get a Modfather..... No shit.... The Ohmega after a week the chimney would not come off.... It was stuck..... I grabbed it so hard to unscrew that it warped it and it wouldn't screw back on. It damaged the threads and I had to throw it away.. .. not we'll made real cheap and light stainless steel.....

The Modfathers threads, material, strength is amazing.... For real please... Save your money and get a Modfather.....

When you hold it in your hand your jaw will drop..... No shit....

VU Sponsors