Become a Patron!

HELP- owners of; Series-B DNA 75W – JAC Vapour

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm doing some research on the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA (flat top, or tilt) and need to know how your finish on these mods are holding up. I'll be doing some follow-up threads on this topic in the near future that will link to this thread.

If you can, show a photo of your mod in great shape, or chipped .... etc

Thank you :)

Image1.jpg ghghgh6.JPG

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest, I'm not sure many people on the forum have them. Hopefully others chime in as I've had my eye on it for a while.

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, it's a shot in the dark. Mainly a UK product. Am hoping we have UK members here too :)

It's a wonderful mod, many options, as is typical with DNA boards ... and is easy on batteries.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
JAC Vapour is a great company with excellent customer support and fast shipping to the US. My sweetie has a couple of the Series-S VV MOD's and no problems with the finish so far. When one of her batteries had an issue JAC stood behind their product.

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed Steve, their customer service is very responsive and accommodating.
What was the finish on the mod you mention? rubberized, metallic, painted etc? thanks

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is either painted or powder coated. I am not sure since it isn't in my hand. I have the discontinued model of the Series-E but it is Stainless Steel.

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had the b series tilt, not the DNA.. The 50 watt one. Mine was similar, it was a sturdy black plastic and stainless steel battery cover. The plastic had no paint.

If you contact Jac vapour they will contact you within a day. I've asked them tons of questions and they have always been helpful.

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the b series tilt, not the DNA.. The 50 watt one. Mine was similar, it was a sturdy black plastic and stainless steel battery cover. The plastic had no paint.

If you contact Jac vapour they will contact you within a day. I've asked them tons of questions and they have always been helpful.

Tg, was it a rubber type coating? If so, did it stay scuff-free? (see photo in original post) thanks

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tg, was it a rubber type coating? If so, did it stay scuff-free? (see photo in original post) thanks
Rubber type coating. I had it for 8 months until I dropped it on black top and the steel part bent,battery door wouldn't close anymore.
It didn't scuff and it wasn't thick or soft enough to get gouged.

I have this one picture from a post I had here about a year ago-sorry about the quality.

Attachments

• JAC-Vapour-Series-B-Tilt.png
    JAC-Vapour-Series-B-Tilt.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 8
  • downloadfile-1.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 3

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had mine for about 3 months and nearly used daily, finish is holding up good so far :)

pjsNx0U.jpg

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rubber type coating. I had it for 8 months until I dropped it on black top and the steel part bent,battery door wouldn't close anymore.
It didn't scuff and it wasn't thick or soft enough to get gouged.

I have this one picture from a post I had here about a year ago-sorry about the quality.

Ok, great to hear. I am pretty sure the one I have is a pre-pre-pre prototype. It was given to Phil Busardo by the owner of DNA chips & boards.

I won it from Busardo.(end of video)

I'll let you all in on why I'm researching this .. after having dinged mine a lot even while babying it, I contacted the wrap maker who got defensive. So, contacted Jac Vapour about the finish and we went back and forth, such polite understanding people.
So understanding, after I told them what I went through with the wrap vendor, they said they'd send me another one to compare to and see if it has improved. That's why I'm doing this thread to sort of get a consensus from owners so when I do a review on it, I can be accurate.

My win photo <

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll let you all in on why I'm researching this .. after having dinged mine a lot even while babying it, I contacted the wrap maker who got defensive. So, contacted Jac Vapour about the finish and we went back and forth, such polite understanding people.
So understanding, after I told them what I went through with the wrap vendor, they said they'd send me another one to compare to and see if it has improved. That's why I'm doing this thread to sort of get a consensus from owners so when I do a review on it, I can be accurate.

Any experience I had with JAC Vapour customer support was above exceptional and totally professional! :stars2:

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any experience I had with JAC Vapour customer support was above exceptional and totally professional! :stars2:
Yeah they are. Definitely the best company I've ever dealt with. Their juices aren't bad either. The tanks they give you for free with the mod are garbage... But they're free...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah they are. Definitely the best company I've ever dealt with.

Had a problem with a Series-S my GF had and they shipped a new one as soon as she told them she tested it like they asked. Shipping from the UK to the US in 7 days or less is pretty awesome!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Freaking some of the US Suppliers I use take longer to process and ship!

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would never post a PM without permission, which was granted ....
and pretty exciting to see what they've got coming up. :)

NewJV.JPG

NewJV2.JPG

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and what brought up this thread .. was my experience with VaporSkinz. They took forever to get back to me, and when they did, were rude and blamed the mod finish. I asked their opinion, if taking off rubber coating prior to placing the skinz would have helped, the only thing they did was get defensive and rude, just unreal.
From now on, I will ONLY deal with @Jwraps .... for some reason they hadn't had a demand for this product and didn't carry the skin :(
Hope they start, as it's a great device, and they're coming out with new items and keeping on top their game with new product and superior customer service.

If you need a good giggle, go look at VSkinz shipping/replacement page .... man!
Read that page (link), it gets pretty rich and makes you appreciate JWraps that much MORE.
The disclaimer at the bottom is new ... after he and I discussed the problem I ran into it.
(also note, they offer no street address, phone # or email, and return addy is a P.O.Box .... just odd, eh?)
rubber2.jpg
VSricher.JPG

Last edited:

hunterws

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and if anyone is deciding between @Jwraps and VaporSkinz, I can speak from experience that Alon of JWraps knows how to use measuring tools and holds tight tolerances on his wraps. As well, when there is a bend on a mod, JWraps does cut corners, in that, he won't just keep the wrap going around the corner, as that could throw off precision in manufacturing. His wraps will come in more pieces, and hold the tolerances correctly.

What's the difference? What am I talking about? I had a VaporSkinz deal so got a wrap from them for my WisMec Releaux ... looks like he just sent a wrap from a previous version of the Releaux! Way out of tolerance, and on the front, you can see the wrap is from another model that allowed for a battery door hinge, even though this one was much different.

VaporSkinz may use the same 3M paper, but there is much more to this game than what they think. JWraps goes the extra mile, whereas VaporSkinz seems lazy and out of touch .... living from a POBox with no way to get in touch other than a web form, and never being on camera. Makes you wonder.

I start wraps on long sides on the upper left, and made a mistake of thnking VaporSkinz knew about tolerances etc ... you can see in these photos (on the battery cover), they obviously do NOT. If they were a trusted vendor on VU, I'd be building a case to get them removed.

WisMec_wrapSKINZ.jpg

WisMec_wrapSKINZ2.jpg

Pretty wrap design, but uh, #tolerances and knowing how to use a caliper must confuse the VaporSkinz kid.

Last edited:

Jwraps

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for your kind words hunterws, truly appreciate it. We work hard and never stop creating and improving. If there is anything myself or Jwraps can do or answer any questions please feel free to ask.
You can find us here, through our email ([email protected]) FB or Instagram.

Thank you again.

VU Sponsors