Become a Patron!

Help, my RDA is spitting like hell.

Madlool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey! I have been using the recoil RDA for a while with a 70 vg juice and its been working great but yesterday, I got a 40pg/60vg juice and sense I started using it my vape have been spitting back like crazy. I have used 50/50 vg pg before without a problem so I am very confused please help?.

My build: Alien mod, Recoil RDA coil, 22 gauge SS. 9 wraps at 0.11 ohms @120 W

5rh02HD.jpg

yzidOOw.jpg

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Coil positioning looks about where they should be, close to the airflow and spaced away from the posts properly. The area that looks like it could be a problem is the bottom picture, the juice well looks flooded, so if you are pulling hard that could be pulling juice out of that flooded juice well, looking like about 1/8 to 1/16th an inch of clearance between the juice and the coil there. Another factor, lower VG juices generally do not like very high wattage, where a 70 or 80vg juice likes 120watts, a 40/60 and 50/50 probably max 90watts, if it is to hot for the juice it could be being pulled up and dancing off the hot wire, ever drop cold water on a hot frying pan and watched it float on the metal that is what could be happening.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape single coil, very low wattage... the only way I've been able to be happy with my RDAs is with an angled adapter for the driptip, or a knucklehead driptip; both of those angle the vapor as it goes into your mouth; the hot pops go straight up, but not around the angle or curve to hit my mouth.

Andria

Madlool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coil positioning looks about where they should be, close to the airflow and spaced away from the posts properly. The area that looks like it could be a problem is the bottom picture, the juice well looks flooded, so if you are pulling hard that could be pulling juice out of that flooded juice well, looking like about 1/8 to 1/16th an inch of clearance between the juice and the coil there. Another factor, lower VG juices generally do not like very high wattage, where a 70 or 80vg juice likes 120watts, a 40/60 and 50/50 probably max 90watts, if it is to hot for the juice it could be being pulled up and dancing off the hot wire, ever drop cold water on a hot frying pan and watched it float on the metal that is what could be happening.

I have tried to vape at lower wattages, it didn't help. It's still spitting. Also, like I said, I have used 50/50 juice before on the same rda with the same build without any problems what so ever. I don't understand why this one is different or how I can solve the problem.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Without diving down directly with the device in front of me, all I can do is suggest where I would look first. You might check the wicking as well, see if it is to loose or to thick, if to loose it might be wicking to fast for that juice and pulling excess juice to the coils.

Madlool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Without diving down directly with the device in front of me, all I can do is suggest where I would look first. You might check the wicking as well, see if it is to loose or to thick, if to loose it might be wicking to fast for that juice and pulling excess juice to the coils.

The only thing I changed was the juice. The first time I tried was on the same wick that I used before without a problem and it started spitting with the new juice. I have since tried rewicking but that didnt help. I'll try again I guess. Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it man.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have tried to vape at lower wattages, it didn't help. It's still spitting. Also, like I said, I have used 50/50 juice before on the same rda with the same build without any problems what so ever. I don't understand why this one is different or how I can solve the problem.

I've sometimes had a coil that just refused to act right, and spit at me constantly. In that case, you have no choice but replace the coil.

Andria

Madlool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've sometimes had a coil that just refused to act right, and spit at me constantly. In that case, you have no choice but replace the coil.

Andria

I tried that, I rebuilt and rewicked. Didn't help :/

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try changing the density of wicking. In short: stuff it like it owes you money.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With coil directly in a puddle of juice i dont see how it cant spit up...the heat is boiling the juice..think of it like bacon grease splattering all over the place when the pan is too hot...youre over juicing the rda...you only need saturate the cotton not try to fill it like a tank...The same thing happens if a tank rba section is flooded...TOO MUCH JUICE.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because of what you said I thought it was not wicking. Maybe not enough power was used in the beginning and the coils are clogged. Has happened to me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
knuckleheadandangled.jpg

These. They keep the spitting from hitting your lips/tongue. The stainless knucklehead, that particular one which is very comfy on the lips, I got from ecblendflavors.com, about $2.95. The angled adapters can be bought from several places, I got a couple from madvapes.com.

Andria

Madlool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 81556

These. They keep the spitting from hitting your lips/tongue. The stainless knucklehead, that particular one which is very comfy on the lips, I got from ecblendflavors.com, about $2.95. The angled adapters can be bought from several places, I got a couple from madvapes.com.

Andria

I can't use that since the recoil RDA has its own drip tip size.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Condensation over time in the chamber doesn't help with spitting have a check a clean that and the drip tip off periodically

Over dripping won't help with spitting essentially you flood the deck and it's keeping the coils cooler so it can't create vapour effectively when heating

VG has a lower boiling point than PG might be overheating the juice at 120w especially when coils aren't spaced it'll sit on the top and pop especially with my point above...like when you put a drop of water on a stove plate on top of the hob if you've ever done that :) ....could try turning wattage down a bit to say 100 see how you go there

Equally could be other way might need more but at 120w I would have thought those single wire coils should be more than plenty hot enough

type of coil ...I know you aren't using twisted but they do spit more than a surface that's flat, but try spacing coils next time a little see if that helps

VU Sponsors