Become a Patron!

Help me with the Ohmega Alpha BFT tank

Edromaster

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so I am so frustrated. This tank is awesome outside the major leaks if not wicked right but I need help. I just simply can not get any flavor out of this tank.... No matter what build i put on it..... Someone please help me. What is the best Coil setup and wicking Method on this tank to Maximize the Flavor. If you are familiar with this tank and have figured out where I am lost at on the flavor Please let me know

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of builds are you trying at what power levels using what type of juice. You a direct lung hitter or like a tighter draw. These little detail are often more important than the type of atty when planning builds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Edromaster

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have tried 22g kanthal 10 wrap at 4mm I have made Clapton wire using 26g inner with 28g wrapped I haven't vaped above 100w with this tank. I'm Using Sigelei Fuchai 200w with Sony Vtc4 batteries and I use cotton bacon v2 for wicking. And I'm definently straight throat to lung no mouth to lung. But only time I ever get real nice flavor out this tank is when I first wick it and saturate the cotton. After that I blow massive warm clouds but absolutely no flavor. I usually run my Temple RDA on my VCP Mod but I bought this BFT tank for on the road to work hits without needing to drip every four or 5 hits.... Can you Help me?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Learn to vape with a restricted flow.. reduce the air part of the air/juice ratio. If the we're a car or bike I'd say richen up the fuel. Might also try reducing the wattage/heat. Think slow cooked food or smoked food rather than fried or grilled.

Cloud work best with higher air to juice ratio. Flavor come as the juice ratio rises

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
These are big coils. Bump up the wattage, it should start singing around 130-140 and up , if your wicking is good.

Edromaster

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Learn to vape with a restricted flow.. reduce the air part of the air/juice ratio. If the we're a car or bike I'd say richen up the fuel. Might also try reducing the wattage/heat. Think slow cooked food or smoked food rather than fried or grilled.

Cloud work best with higher air to juice ratio. Flavor come as the juice ratio rises

Yeah only problem with this tank and airflow is that there is no adjustable airflow. It's wide open. I think as much as I like the size of this tank I may invest in the Herekles RTA or even the Smok TF-RTA

Edromaster

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are big coils. Bump up the wattage, it should start singing around 130-140 and up , if your wicking is good.
Yeah I haven't tried that yet. Thanks I will give it a try and see what happens. But if I'm gonna crank it up like that I mine as well Retire this Fuchai 200w and just put this tank on my VCP piglet

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I haven't tried that yet. Thanks I will give it a try and see what happens. But if I'm gonna crank it up like that I mine as well Retire this Fuchai 200w and just put this tank on my VCP piglet
Fuchai 200w should get it going. I am positive it will shine on VCP Piglet, but if you go below .35ohm dual coils it will probably get little too hot:) I love series mods, piglet is a great device.

Woodchucker

Member For 4 Years
I have a piglet and a temple, I don't like the temple compared to my other 30mm drippers, it just dosent give me the flavor like the buddah and centurion do, those are what I run on my piglet. try fused claptons, 28g cores with 34g wrapped around it. I like 28g stainless for my cores. for a tank Id recommend a avocado 24, I have one and absolutely love it, and I only run one coil in it, I use it at work, I run heavy equipment and I cant really deal with fogging the cab up, just a single coil in the avacodo gives great flavor and I never go over 45 watts.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One tip is to make sure your cotton tails aren't too long. I've noticed if you cut them to were they barely touch the bottom of the channels is best. I love my bft, and tbh I'm still running the original claptons it came with ( bought 6 months) and am still getting great flavor

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is still alive, but it's not a flavorful Tank......

Attachments

• MY MODS 013small.JPG
    MY MODS 013small.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 7

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Bft plus leaks like a broken gutter too on every fill-up. I've got fused Clapton I think 6 or 7 wraps dual coil. Great flavor throughout. On 26650 smpl mod with the 12ml bubble tank. But that leaking sucks when you fill. Better have towel on hand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MY MODS 007small.JPG
The Bft plus leaks like a broken gutter too on every fill-up. I've got fused Clapton I think 6 or 7 wraps dual coil. Great flavor throughout. On 26650 smpl mod with the 12ml bubble tank. But that leaking sucks when you fill. Better have towel on hand.

The BFT is a flavorful tank.... It's difficult to wick and man wide open air.... wish it had an adjustable airflow.... This is an amazing little tank.... Flavor and clouds for ever !!!!! .... Ijoy limitless plus.....

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 97552
The BFT is a flavorful tank.... It's difficult to wick and man wide open air.... wish it had an adjustable airflow.... This is an amazing little tank.... Flavor and clouds for ever !!!!! .... Ijoy limitless plus.....
Bft plus has adjustable airflow bit you're right,it's difficult to wick.

VU Sponsors