Become a Patron!

Help me set up my Mech please

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From the pictures - looks like a BONZA 1.5.

The BONZA 1.5 is strictly dual coil. There is no way to work it effectively as a single coil RDA. Which might explain your flavor loss. Too much air, not enough heat, meaning the coils are getting cooled off faster than they can vaporize juice. Balance man, balance.

For an effective RDA configuration requires the following in proper proportions to work:

Coil Placement / Mass
Airflow
Power
Wicking

In other words: too much mass and not enough power, too much power and not enough airflow, too much airflow and not enough power, too much wick / too little wick and juice doesn't make it to the coils, or a combination of all 4 will result - UNDER OTHERWISE NORMAL CONDITIONS - in unsatisfactory performance. Meaning either flavor will be muted or muddled, burnt, or just little to no vapor production. "But Weaver, I tried it before I put the cap on and it fired just fine..." You did? But you also weren't FORCING air through it by inhaling.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IME adding more power by significantly lowering the resistance also is paramount, albeit the power needs to be carefully matched to both the total surface area of the coils, the coils' juice adsorption rate, and the strength of your draw, albeit the airflow is also greatly affected by coil positioning and the size of the air intakes, both of which are key important factors in addition to all this.

Alright Mr. Holmes. :) Let us swim in all the technical details, eh? :giggle:

Actually thank you for pointing out all the different variables. It is helpful to know there is more than one thing to do when you build and set up. By the by that Kanthal coil yesterday irked me. Got awake, built a two strand 26 g twisted SS316L hitting at 0.33 instead of being 6 points off it's only 3. I was aiming at .30. It's doing much better. :)

Balance man, balance.

But, but, but ... I wanna juggle running chainsaws while tap dancing on a box t.n.t while people lob horseshoes at me. ;) :)

Hopefully @JB-Mechs , we the cynic squad haven't put you off of using mechanical mods. While there is a lot of different stuff to take into account using them, mechanical mods are actually enjoyable to use. Sometimes the best advice is to overlook the cranks on here save for the common sense safety concerns, find what works for you. Be aware what works one day might not the next day. That happens. Do we know why? No. I blame that guy Murphy running around stealing chair legs. There are times we might like to digitize people's gear, download it, fix it, digitize it and send it back to them. Unfortunately we're still grasping to find the teleporter plans.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes the best advice is
7b7ec4b91d2cf9d8e1b064678d205467.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not used Ekowool to wick. Won't say you cannot. In fact, you can. I've not used it for RDAs. I tried some way back when I was using clear-o-mizer tanks. I didn't care for it but that was some kind of hollow tubed string stuff. So, not used it for RDAs. I use Muji cotton or some Rayon. Rayon you can wick similar to cotton. Here's a few links for some Muji. Big bag , 10 pack , 5 pack
And here's a link to some Rayon .

As a bonus regarding the Rayon, I know @The Cromwell has a box like that and says it'll last him a few lifetimes. Cotton and Rayon being so well, cheap, I got a big bag of the Muji. If you need some PM me your shipping/mailing address I'll get you a handful shipped out. I got plenty enough to last me quite a while. It's good stuff.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors