Become a Patron!

iMaverick

Member For 1 Year
Guys
I was gifted a brand new Smok G-Priv 2 with a Manta RTA tank and 24G Nichrome Ni80 wire.

First Time Vaper here :)
(Sorry, the thread being long)

Can someone please help me figure this out without me blowing up my Face

I checked YouTube on the Wattage and ohms but not 100% sure where to start.
I don't have an DIY tool kit or anything special, got them normal house tools.

Looking for a enjoyable cool vape,
Diameter of the coil?
Number of warps?
Voltage or watts or how ever you program it?

Attachments

• F177B40C-0665-426A-82AD-382709101096.jpg
    F177B40C-0665-426A-82AD-382709101096.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 8

iMaverick

Member For 1 Year
start with a tank with premade coils. LEARN OHM'S LAW PLEASE

I did learn Ohms law but I still don't get the battery safety Amps and how to properly warp/set up the coils

I would love to get the premade coil but unfortunately where I live, it's close to impossible to find anything relating to vape,
hint, gifted from another country.

Got to use what I have :/
Thanks for your input :)

iMaverick

Member For 1 Year
I also got 2 of these battery, and google is being a bitch and won't properly give me the specs, can someone help me with this as well?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 12

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That battery is an LG HE4 it's a 20amp cell with 2500mah capacity.

Because your mod is regulated and has safety features, you don't need to worry too much about ohms law. If you decide someday to use an unregulated mod then you will need to worry about that stuff. If you stay under 130w you won't stress the batteries and you will be vaping in RELATIVE safety. The thing you do need to be cautious of more than anything is the condition of your batteries and their wrappers. This isn't something to be careless with. Using damaged cells is probably the most dangerous thing you can do with your new mod.

Since you appear to only have 1 pair of batteries, I suggest that you order some battery wraps online. They are dirt cheap and if you have them on hand you won't be tempted to use batteries with a torn wrapper.

As far as how to set up your tank, there is a ton of info on youtube on how to build your first coils and how to mount them. Here's a link to a high quality (but long) video on how to build your first coil
Here is a link to a Manta RTA review where he builds and wicks it

If you don't have some already you are going to need some cotton to wick. It's best to use cotton bacon, organic japanese cotton pads, ko gen do cotton, etc. but if you don't have access to vape supplies then cotton balls will work.

I can't really tell you what to build for a coil because I don't know what you have available to wrap the coils on. If I tell you a 3mm inner diameter coil with x wraps is best and you don't have a screwdriver with a 3mm shaft, it won't be much help. Use steam engine http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html to make your coil on paper before you actually wrap it so that you can make sure it will be functional. Whatever it tells you the resistance is on steam engine, you will want to half it because you will be using 2 coils in your manta. It looks like you have 24g N80 so I would suggest something around 3mm inner diameter with 5-7 wraps.

If you are going to be using rebuildable atomizers and building your own coils you are going to need to learn this stuff though. This is just to help you get vaping. I also suggest that you get some thinner wire if you like a cool vape. If you could get some 26g and 28g it would be easier to dial it in how you like.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @iMaverick and I hope you enjoy your stay!

In my humble opinion since you are asking questions before you are firing at Max wattage I think you are pretty safe using your regulated device. Ask questions and when in doubt don't! But I think you have that pretty much down already. Good luck

Last edited:

iMaverick

Member For 1 Year
@Fudgey Finger
Because your mod is regulated and has safety features, you don't need to worry too much about ohms law. If you decide someday to use an unregulated mod then you will need to worry about that stuff. If you stay under 130w you won't stress the batteries and you will be vaping in RELATIVE safety.

So i don't need to worry about the battery drain power or anything?

Thanks for your post, it was very helpful, I used my 3mm drill pit to coil it up but it was it very neat but i guess it got the job done, and I adjusted it with some nose pliers and got it to glow evenly.

So I want the coil to last long with less juice used and relatively cool vape so steam engine recommends 47W, what do you think?

VU Sponsors