Become a Patron!

Help Me Find Flavor (Merlin Mini/Pharoah)

jodi3moons

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, part of what makes exoit coils like claptons great (at least as far as I understand) is the fact that they hold a lot of juice on the surface when you drip directly onto them. This would support my theory that you enjoy the taste right when you fill the tank, and may enjoy vaping more if you had a dripper where you could put juice directly on the coils as often as you like.

jodi3moons

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh cool man, glad to hear it. I was using a sub-ohm tank and it beat out all my RTAs and RDAs, but when I figured out how to wick correctly and where to place my coils, I never went back. Good luck to ya

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, part of what makes exoit coils like claptons great (at least as far as I understand) is the fact that they hold a lot of juice on the surface when you drip directly onto them. This would support my theory that you enjoy the taste right when you fill the tank, and may enjoy vaping more if you had a dripper where you could put juice directly on the coils as often as you like.
Tough to beat a good squonker.......:wave:

Tongbitz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4 weeks off cigarettes and I'm trying to chase flavor. Started vaping 6 years ago but never gotten into it. Tried again 2 years ago still didnt enjoy it and just did it for 2 weeks. Tried again 6 weeks ago and so far so good but now Im chasing flavor and I need help.

My mod is the IPv8 and I got the Pharoah... didnt find much flavor there so I got a Merlin Mini. Tried all sorts of coils from plain kanthal to pre-built claptons, pre built tiger wire of different guages. Learned to build and now I'm on a 5 loop 3mm Alien Clapton (pre made wire) at .3 ohms. Flavor is great at the start then it just dies down after a few pulls. Is this normal?

First pull from a fresh wick and coil was heavenly and juicy. Its like a fine mist of juice hit the back of my throat and was super flavorful and wet. So far Im liking the warm vape of .3 ohms 70-80 watts, 5 loops alien clapton on the IPv8 and Merlin Mini with all air flow open (took out the airflow reducer screw). No leaking, no dry hits even on chain vaping. Not sure if its a coil problem, a wicking problem (even if I dont get leaking or dry hits), or vapers tongue (read that those who just quit smoking are prone to it).

Wasted so much cotton, wasted so much pre built coils, and wire just chasing for a consistent super flavor filled vape just like that first pull when I just put in a new wick and coil.

Maybe I vape too much trying out new coils? Maybe my juice is not that good even if I now have 20 juices from different manufacturers (noticed that not all are created equal in flavor)? Even just switched to temp control at 520 F 65 joules on the same .3 ohm alien clapton since its made out of stainless steel and its the same ok vape thats just has slight flavor compared to the juicy first pull from a fresh coil and wick.

Thanks in advance.
Pharaoh in my VAPORESSO REVENGER...i forgot the exact name of the wire i bought but it sounds like "GLYCERION WIRE" i use it 3.5 id, 7/8 wraps. I forgot the guage bro...it is far better than the tiger wire..flavor and clouds..35-70 watts...but i get a thin wire from the alien clapton...(the thin wire that is wrapping the alien n90)...i wrap it to my (Glycerion wire) sorry but some shop owners knew this type of wire...i tried a lot of wires with this Rta and finally i got it...i will try soon the RAM WIRE for regulated modS.
3.5 0R 4 id is lesser probability of dry hits...but not too much cotton.
If you dont see some bubbles on your rta after puffing....then it means too much cotton.
Honestly i am very much dissappointed for 7 days with this tank..it was my mistake...after i got the sweet spot...wowowow...the taste is in another level...much better than my DRUGA AND US1 RDA....ETC...

Sent from my SM-N900K using Tapatalk

Tongbitz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pharaoh in my VAPORESSO REVENGER...i forgot the exact name of the wire i bought but it sounds like "GLYCERION WIRE" i use it 3.5 id, 7/8 wraps, 87 ohms in 38.8 watts. I forgot the guage of the wire bro sorry...it is far better than the tiger wire..flavor and clouds..35-70 watts...but i get a thin wire from the alien clapton...(the thin wire that is wrapping the alien n90)...i wrap it to my (Glycerion wire) sorry but some shop owners knew this type of wire...i tried a lot of wires with this Rta and finally i got it...i will try soon the RAM WIRE for regulated modS.
3.5 0R 4 id is lesser probability of dry hits...but not too much cotton.
If you dont see some bubbles on your rta after puffing....then it means too much cotton.
Honestly i am very much dissappointed for 7 days with this tank..it was my mistake...after i got the sweet spot...wowowow...the taste is in another level...much better than my DRUGA AND US1 RDA....ETC...

I used my pharaoh rta with TESLA INVADER 3 the same build in my vaporesso revenger..i cant get much power from my tesla which is 240w, i adjusted it to the V max power, just as equal as the power from vaporesso 38.8 watts...

4 weeks off cigarettes and I'm trying to chase flavor. Started vaping 6 years ago but never gotten into it. Tried again 2 years ago still didnt enjoy it and just did it for 2 weeks. Tried again 6 weeks ago and so far so good but now Im chasing flavor and I need help.

My mod is the IPv8 and I got the Pharoah... didnt find much flavor there so I got a Merlin Mini. Tried all sorts of coils from plain kanthal to pre-built claptons, pre built tiger wire of different guages. Learned to build and now I'm on a 5 loop 3mm Alien Clapton (pre made wire) at .3 ohms. Flavor is great at the start then it just dies down after a few pulls. Is this normal?

First pull from a fresh wick and coil was heavenly and juicy. Its like a fine mist of juice hit the back of my throat and was super flavorful and wet. So far Im liking the warm vape of .3 ohms 70-80 watts, 5 loops alien clapton on the IPv8 and Merlin Mini with all air flow open (took out the airflow reducer screw). No leaking, no dry hits even on chain vaping. Not sure if its a coil problem, a wicking problem (even if I dont get leaking or dry hits), or vapers tongue (read that those who just quit smoking are prone to it).

Wasted so much cotton, wasted so much pre built coils, and wire just chasing for a consistent super flavor filled vape just like that first pull when I just put in a new wick and coil.

Maybe I vape too much trying out new coils? Maybe my juice is not that good even if I now have 20 juices from different manufacturers (noticed that not all are created equal in flavor)? Even just switched to temp control at 520 F 65 joules on the same .3 ohm alien clapton since its made out of stainless steel and its the same ok vape thats just has slight flavor compared to the juicy first pull from a fresh coil and wick.

Thanks in advance.

I have the pharoah mini. And I have to say, it's my best flavor RTA at the moment. Better than my reload RTA. I have a .36 alien running at 60 watts

_TmanTitan_

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks in advance.

I've found a few that are good. I really like fruity crispy treats, berry lush is pretty bomb & def try the apple pie. The flavors have been consistent & haven't faded since I started using them. Check them out for sure, I think you would really like them

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor this is it...... Right here..... The Reload......
2b3c35b175a5ea6b37cfa288f2e0d70a.jpg
a879f426cf0a0220593612482f971ffa.jpg
7dc6438ab6a874bba205b8fba78ee271.jpg
07323e94ce71f08d1af8a6b204a4572a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Still not happy with the flavor. Scrapped my last alien coil and rolled some pre made tiger coil on a 3mm jig..Came out .4 ohms. would appreciate some feedback on my build and my wicking cause still not getting the flavor explosion that I'm looking for (the one I get on the first pull with a new Clapton and wick)

7b017757ac4837fdf07f70f710663273.jpg

Took out outer skins of the organic cotton. Made sure there's not too much resistance when put in the coil. Fluffed it before cutting by hand.

f3b7c1d4eb563c1c18b353fd0e9dd080.jpg

Cut the wicks at the length of the base as suggested by numerous tutorials I've read on how to wick the merlin mini. Coils placed near the air flow. Made the draw a bit tighter even. Not sure yet if I like it. Don't think it did anything to the flavor.

af45c681c96fa627d7b7dabce10aa320.jpg

More fluffing before tucking. Thinned it a bit more by scraping the sharp end of my ceramic tweezers. Took out excess cotton by hand. Fluffed it some more.

28d386916469aa714e6f48a7847384fb.jpg

Tried tucking it in as carefully as I can with my smallest screwdriver. Don't have angled sharp tweezers. Maybe I should get one of those.

12d7ce4996872ee8308f93feccd2e7b2.jpg

Still underwhelming.

Any ideas? Did I do something wrong in wicking? Bad choice of coil? Or is it just probably my taste buds due to being cigarette free for about a month?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If the mod you are using is a one 18650, I believe your exceeding your voltage maybe. Just saying, maybe possible.

VU Sponsors