Become a Patron!

Help! Making my own JUICE

hey whats up everyone I'm new here I've been peekingaround the forums for a couple of months and decided to create An account! I just have a question so my friend and I are interested in making our own Juices but not sure where to start. We are getting products form my freedom smokes as well as flavorings its just if later on we want to sell them on the side (if were good at it lol) how can we? Not like in shops and stuff but out of our house type of stuff (ghetto shit lol) do we need permits of any kind? Also im not sure about the steps i need to take to label the bottles (also made a design for fun right now but if we do sell them it does look good heres what it looks like http://m.imgur.com/NjO6TF8 ) any ideas on our next steps?

Hi!

The first steps would be to get your business licensed, and to get commercial insurance. Give google a quick run with "insurance for e liquid" and there's a few companies who specialize in that.

If you plan to sell online, make sure you can buy the domain of the name you want for the line. A good clean domain name is a precious value to eCommerce sales. If you go the eCommerce route you'll want to find a credit card processor who accepts vaping. There's also shipping to consider as well.

These are just a couple points. There is a lot that goes into starting any business. But I hope it gives you an idea of where to begin.

If you have any questions feel free to throw them my way and I can help as best as I can.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hey whats up everyone I'm new here I've been peekingaround the forums for a couple of months and decided to create An account! I just have a question so my friend and I are interested in making our own Juices but not sure where to start. We are getting products form my freedom smokes as well as flavorings its just if later on we want to sell them on the side (if were good at it lol) how can we? Not like in shops and stuff but out of our house type of stuff (ghetto shit lol) do we need permits of any kind? Also im not sure about the steps i need to take to label the bottles (also made a design for fun right now but if we do sell them it does look good heres what it looks like http://m.imgur.com/NjO6TF8 ) any ideas on our next steps?
To legally sell your product from home you will at minimum need the following:
1 Business license
2 Insurance
3 sales tax license, if your state charges sales tax
4 Tobacco vendor license if your state requires it.

If you go the "under the radar route" and you get caught, the punishment could be pretty steep.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll also add, that IF you need to ask what basic things you need to do to start a business, you likely have no business starting one.

I mean no disrespect to the OPer. I see these questions all the time. This is a forum made up of every day vapers, not vendors. These questions are akin to asking the guy next to you in a factory, what I need to do to start my own finance company. He wouldn't know, and IF I am asking him, I obviously have no clue where to start, and am off on the wrong foot even asking someone with zero knowledge.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Make sure your company is an LLC.
If not make sure you have some good lawyers.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll also add, that IF you need to ask what basic things you need to do to start a business, you likely have no business starting one.

I mean no disrespect to the OPer. I see these questions all the time. This is a forum made up of every day vapers, not vendors. These questions are akin to asking the guy next to you in a factory, what I need to do to start my own finance company. He wouldn't know, and IF I am asking him, I obviously have no clue where to start, and am off on the wrong foot even asking someone with zero knowledge.
While I do agree, a little more research could be done by OP, we have a lot of members that have started businesses here, not to mention vendors that are active members outside selling their wares. And it's nice to see some have already gave advice.
My advice, be damn good at it dude, the market is saturated.
Also don't be a douche and sell others recipes.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While I do agree, a little more research could be done by OP, we have a lot of members that have started businesses here, not to mention vendors that are active members outside selling their wares. And it's nice to see some have already gave advice.
My advice, be damn good at it dude, the market is saturated.
Also don't be a douche and sell others recipes.

I have never seen a vendor here, give business advice on this forum. I own a business (not vape related) and have given advice several times. I don't think I will in the future anymore though.

When I want business advice for me, I go where I can get the right answer. For crying out loud, the OP hasn't even mixed their first batch of juice yet. Now they want to sell "ghetto juice"?

Honestly, I think anyone who is serious about it, would be asking someplace else.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have never seen a vendor here, give business advice on this forum. I own a business (not vape related) and have given advice several times. I don't think I will in the future anymore though.

When I want business advice for me, I go where I can get the right answer. For crying out loud, the OP hasn't even mixed their first batch of juice yet. Now they want to sell "ghetto juice"?

Honestly, I think anyone who is serious about it, would be asking someplace else.
I will agree 100% with that post in its entirety. I just don't want to discourage anyone from learning something. You may have been one of the people I was referring to as a business owner actually.
I am not a business owner myself, but have done extensive research and set up a business model but have not ventured into it, due to location and other life events preventing it. That said it's not just I have a product/service here I'll sell it to you. OP does need to do some major research, and I don't think he/she will get it all here only a small fraction of points to consider.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Find a different supplier.
MFS is distinct for taste.
For sure. You'll definitely need a wholesaler with quality ingredients and prices low enough to make a profit.

VU Sponsors