Become a Patron!

Help: Low flavour from my dual spaced 3mm 5 wrap Alien clapton build

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys,

I got some great A1/SS316L Alien Clapton wire and made 2 5 wrap 3mm coils from it for my KALI V2. Ohming our at 0.14. I tried non spaced and spaced and I think spaced is producing more flavour.

I switched them out a few times and tried other builds but since I switched them back in last night I’m not getting too much flavour from my Mr. Meringue, which is a pretty intense lemon meringue juice.

I’ve been cleaning and re-wicking them every couple of days when they get gunned up, this one seems to have a lot of sweetener in it so it’s a bit of coil killer.

Am I doing something wrong here? Based on the # of wraps, the ohms, the pics below, do you have any recommendations on how I could get more flavour out of it?

In the past it’s produced amazing, intense flavour.

22f5417bbfec550c0f224cbb0649e73c.jpg
d3445e35862913af8433d3f7a35295cb.jpg

Sent from Star Destroyer Executor

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure where the airflow slots one that rda are but maybe you changed the position and didn't get them back in the same place. I try to get the airflow almost underneath the coil so it pulls the air through the coils instead of to the sides of the chamber.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Not sure where the airflow slots one that rda are but maybe you changed the position and didn't get them back in the same place. I try to get the airflow almost underneath the coil so it pulls the air through the coils instead of to the sides of the chamber.

I think you’re right, I mounted the coils a little low, they’re lined up with the air holes rather than at the top of the air holes. I’ll try raising them up an mm or two

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The flavour is definitely better with the coils mounted higher up. Thanks!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavour is definitely better with the coils mounted higher up. Thanks!

Glad that helped. I try to make it a point to put the top cap on before cotton to make sure. But I forget a lot then have to move them. Lol

VU Sponsors