Become a Patron!

Help! Just bought Innokin MVP 3.0 PRO

I'm fairly new to vaping. Just got off cigarettes a week ago. My first e-cig was a Vision Spinner battery with a Kanger T3D tank. I loved it. I was recommended by a friend to buy a more advanced style battery so I purchased the Innokin MVP 3.0 PRO and just received it today. I also purchased a Kanger Pro Tank 3 to use with it.

Here's my dillemma. For some reason the MVP produces way less cloud then the Vision Spinner battery does. I was under the impression that the MVP was more expensive and had a ton more features so it would work better. However, when I put the Pro Tank on my old Spinner battery I get very decent clouds on a 4.0V setting approximately. When I take this exact same Tank and put it on the MVP and set the Voltage to about the same the clouds and the satisfaction are signifgantly decreased. Even when playing with the MVP settings I cannot get it to produce a cloud even similar to what the Spinner battery does. What's wrong here? Is there something I can try before I return the MVP? I'm not interested in having huge competition style clouds just a cloud that is satisfying like I get with the Spinner battery.

Now I know for huge clouds (which I'm not necessarily after) there's subohm tanks and all of that but my basic question is why would a seemingly lesser battery (the Vision Spinner) be able to produce such better results then the MVP with the exact same tank? Am I doing something wrong?

Here's what I'm working with:
Tank: Kanger Pro Tank 3 with a 1.8ohm dual coil
Battery: Innokin MVP 3.0 PRO and Vision Spinner (1st generation)
Juice: Gentleman's Draw Sweet Tobacoo (70PG/30VG)

Thanks in advance!

Amazing! That was the total difference. Thanks so much for your help, Artemis. I didn't think I would need to use the adapter since it screwed right in but the difference with using the adapter or not is night and day.

Is there another tank I should consider possibly in the future? I don't think I'm interested in subohming at this point. I'm not into chasing huge clouds just enough to satisfy. Are the Kanger tanks not that great (connector issues etc)?

Thanks again!

Well again. Thank you so much, Artemis. I was about to return this thing because the support people at the site I purchased from couldn't help get it to work any better so I figured I'd sign up here and give it a shot before I returned it. So glad I did and got it fixed within minutes. You are definitely an asset to this forum!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure, get a base that has adjustable airflow:

discountvapers.com-kangervalvepicture.jpg

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A coworker has an MVP 3, and he has a Kangertech subtank nano on his with a .5 coil, and the vapor production is enormous for a 30 watt device. I think an Aspire Nautilus mini would go well with your MVP too. (Mostly a flavor tank). Fasttech has them both for around 20 bucks.

VU Sponsors