Become a Patron!

help I dropped my mod and it wont turn on

Hey everyone,

I am searching for a possible fix for my punisher 80 mod. I dropped it and it wont turn on. Does anyone know if it is fixable?

Help!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Battery/s in correctly?
Aside from that you would have to be able to open the case and check if the red and black wires are still connected to the 510 pin on top, etc. if it isn't a loose wire, then the circuit board may have cracked.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Not sure how do that. I have a punisher 80. Do you know how?
Well if you can't get it open to check, then the answer is pretty much no, it can't be fixed. I don't have that mod, but i have others that I had to open.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the springy battery pin still springy?
On some mods a drop can cause the spring to jump out of position.
The Kbox minis for one.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I figured out how and everything seems to connected
Can you get to the IC board, to remove the cover on the power button? If so, clean it with a qtip dipped in a tiny bit of alcohol. It should look like a tiny metal box with a little black push button on top. Push that a few times to make sure it is moving. If that works put a tiny bit of paper (one sheet thickness will do it) inside the plastic button where it goes over the switch and try that. Not knowing the history of the mod, we don't know how much junk the previous owner let get inside, so maybe just making sure the switch is making contact will work?

Trying to rule out all other possible problems besides a cracked IC board.

VU Sponsors