Become a Patron!

Help getting more nicotine/buzz from mod

I have a mod with 3 mg of nicotine. Other than obviously buying juice with more nicotine how can I get a bigger buzz? I'm using 75 watts and my coil can go up to 100

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you don't want to go up in nic, hold the vapor in longer. Making it hotter is not going to increase the amount of nicotine you inhale

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m assuming you smoked when I say this...ya know those times when you really wanted a smoke but only had a few min so you gunned it down really quick? Try vaping like that for a few minutes and see if that gets you where you want to be. I vape 3mg and if I take 4-5 good hits in quick succession I usually feel blah from too much nicotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a mod with 3 mg of nicotine. Other than obviously buying juice with more nicotine how can I get a bigger buzz? I'm using 75 watts and my coil can go up to 100

It's not the mod at fault, nor your RDA/RDTA. As @JuicyLucy suggests you might need higher nicotine levels in your juice. I use 18 mg nicotine per ml myself, always have since I started beyond cig-a-likes. There's a but here, I am actually rather an odd sort as far as how my body is put together. I can handle that much nicotine. Many folks cannot. I get choked trying 24 mg per ml, that makes me feel queasy. Try getting yourself juice that is say 9 mg nicotine per ml of juice. See if that gets you the buzz you want. Frankly, I don't get a buzz from nicotine. It helps me settle my thinking a bit & lets me feel something akin to a dopamine release. It sedates me in a sense, of course caffeine does as well.

You could also as @IcepickMaker84 suggested, try wolfing down your vape. I'm telling the expounded version of @CactusFanaticus '
Use a better drug
Use a higher nicotine dose, yep, better drug. Might want to try bungee jumping too, maybe skydiving which my knees now bitch about. Here's another one, go stand on an active train track and play chicken with an oncoming train. I've done that a couple times. Once a conductor beat me senseless. They stopped a half inch from me, finally. Cost them to blow their schedule. I felt even worse then because I was just having fun. See? I'm a weirdo. Don't emulate what I do & mind what I say, ask another reasonable adult type person first. I am constantly lost. :)

Going up in watts is a way to do but also burn your cotton faster. You need to go up in nicotine to save the coils.

I only get a nicotine buzz on my first few vapes of the day and that’s from the 8-10 hours time between my last hits.

It’s hard. 12 mg is too much for me, sometimes 9 is difficult to find pre made. But if you mix 50 50 6 and 12 mg you get 9.

Formula x mg + y mg divided by 2 = nic mg. As long as it’s 50/50 mix 5 ml 6 mg and 5 ml 12 mg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
12 mg is too much for me, sometimes 9 is difficult to find pre made. But if you mix 50 50 6 and 12 mg you get 9.
Formula x mg + y mg divided by 2 = nic mg. As long as it’s 50/50 mix 5 ml 6 mg and 5 ml 12 mg

Another way may lay in dilution. You have 12 mg, say you've 10 ml, you add it to say 7.5 ml of 0 nicotine juice. I'm not sure of the proportions exactly but I think that cuts your strength in half, so you get 6 mg juice. To me then it would seem if you added it to 6.5 ml 0 nic juice you might get 9 mg juice. I'm sure someone a little better with DIY can help, as well. I get foggy trying to sort out formulas. :) Wish I could say for sure but I won't as it is a bit to sort out, and I'm aware I do not know all, nor do I want to know all. *chuckles*

Last edited:

jayse_fayse

Member For 1 Year
Why do you want a nicotine “buzz” that’s the worse kind of “buzz” to get or want.drink a beer, fuck even take some kratum. ‍♂️

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-23_15-46-15.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-23_15-46-15.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 9
  • upload_2020-1-23_15-46-15.png
    upload_2020-1-23_15-46-15.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I chain vape 18mg sub ohm all day. When i have no time at work i just cloud out the bathroom in 2min. Walk out with my nic fix more than satisfied. But my set ups spin most everyones head after 2 pulls. YES I AM AN ADDICT ALL THE WAY.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I chain vape 18mg sub ohm all day. When i have no time at work i just cloud out the bathroom in 2min. Walk out with my nic fix more than satisfied. But my set ups spin most everyones head after 2 pulls. YES I AM AN ADDICT ALL THE WAY.
Ditto, except I vape 9mg all day long. Never get a buzz. Used to vape 18mg but after a few puffs I’d get lightheaded. May start mixing 12mg nic juices.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ditto, except I vape 9mg all day long. Never get a buzz. Used to vape 18mg but after a few puffs I’d get lightheaded. May start mixing 12mg nic juices.
I have a bottle at 20 steeping. I need more. Lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, I don't chain vape 18mg but it is what I sub ohm all the time. Went to a 0.55 coil today. Not sure why when I was running a .45. Of course, I'm only hitting 17.5 watts on a topside lite. The regulated topside lite seems to eat more ejuice than a mech which draws around 25 to 27 watts, same rda, same coil build. Not sure how that's working out but so it goes for me.

No, I don't get a nicotine buzz. At least not one that I notice. Usually if I'm little goofy and spill juice, maybe have some malingering on a drip tip, I might get a bit of nicotine sickness. Even then it has to be a rather large dose for me to notice. I do not "buzz" off of nicotine. I am physically and psychologically dependent on nicotine. Figure anyone who has used nicotine over twenty years or so is as well.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
All my squonks guzzle juice.
2day is 18mg in a kylin 2 at .11 75w. Its a beast

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I don't chain vape 18mg but it is what I sub ohm all the time. Went to a 0.55 coil today. Not sure why when I was running a .45. Of course, I'm only hitting 17.5 watts on a topside lite. The regulated topside lite seems to eat more ejuice than a mech which draws around 25 to 27 watts, same rda, same coil build. Not sure how that's working out but so it goes for me.
Saving 4a topside dual carbon. Its just freekn kool

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saving 4a topside dual carbon. Its just freekn kool

Got the Lite myself because well, it's a squonk. Prolly ought to got the kit but I got RDAs I like so, didn't see need for an extra $20 to get an RDA I might not like. Still not sure about the topside. It's well for me just "okay". I don't use TC mode at all. I've tried it a few times sure, it just doesn't "turn my crank". Can see how it might for others but for me "its" just not "there". I'll give it another week, maybe two. Then, might PIF or trade it. I know that might seem odd to consider but well, bells and whistles for me are not a need.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I only use tc on my dna mods.
The carbon dual is a yihi and i love those too

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only use tc on my dna mods.
The carbon dual is a yihi and i love those too

Ah, high dolla bells & whistles there. Doubt I'd ever afford something with either of those chipsets. Even if I could I sing this funny song while I sleep, "I'm gonna be a mech-man, ...a mech-man!" :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone's different but I'm not after a nicotine buzz. I rarely get a head rush and when it happens it's usually an accident. I'm not sure I even notice I'm using nicotine 99% of the time. That's okay with me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We have a cbd section here but all talk of thc is prohibited to keep drugs and vaping seperate. Keep that in mind

First no disrespect intended. Second a basic question. Could herbal vape not mean they use the herb sage for instance, possibly thyme, maybe foxglove? I don't immediately think of that sweet Kansas grown lady when I see the terms herbal vape. Yes, I know speaking of herb could be euphemistic of the other such plant life. I don't automatically presume it is that. Again no disrespect nor am I posting to challenge anyone or the rules, or to be smart a**. I'm just looking at things a bit different like I do. :) I'm probably wrong, won't be a first nor last. *chuckles*

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If he had posted that anywhere else than getting a buzz from nicotine thread I may have thought differently. No offense taken

Regardless of what it is, it’s all the terminology, no body uses a water pipe to smoke tobacco. Yet, it is illegal to sell drug paraphernalia. So you can’t go into the shop and refer to what you are buying as such based on certain terminology.

Just my opinion, think he is in the clear.

However, his off topic comment would make it seem apparent it’s something else.

But I’m sure we’ve all heard of Bear blends?

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I think this question belongs some drug forum.
I am in recovery I am also employeed in that field. While I have heard many of our residents say that smoking calmed them down. I never heard of anyone getting, or trying to because some addicts will anything, a buzz from nicotine.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am in recovery I am also employeed in that field. While I have heard many of our residents say that smoking calmed them down. I never heard of anyone getting, or trying to because some addicts will anything, a buzz from nicotine.

this is an old post , 2/1/19....... from a one hit wonder troll

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I know this is an old post, but just to supply information for @cmccarthy7128 , the buzz from nicotine thing is a good bit of the reason vaping has such a bad rep with parents of high school age kids. They buy those 60mg Juuls, and basically deliberately overdose themselves on nicotine with them. There is definitely a buzz involved. I had no idea of this myself until we had a kid post here and admit that that's how kids were using Juuls.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know this is an old post, but just to supply information for @cmccarthy7128 , the buzz from nicotine thing is a good bit of the reason vaping has such a bad rep with parents of high school age kids. They buy those 60mg Juuls, and basically deliberately overdose themselves on nicotine with them. There is definitely a buzz involved. I had no idea of this myself until we had a kid post here and admit that that's how kids were using Juuls.
you always say it more eloquently than I.....

The more you turn up the heat the less nicotine you will get. Like pretty much any chemical it undergoes thermal decomposition. This means the hotter you go the more likely you are to break the nicotine down into inactive side products.
Can you do this with a vape and the temperatures they run at? I'm not sure. But if you really want a nicotine hit from 3mg/ml of the stuff then the best you can do is hold it in. If that isn't working for you go to a higher strength, vaping really quickly will just make you use more nicotine per hour anyway as you'll go through you're e-liquid (juice) faster. Kind of like if you have 40% 'sugar' and need a heavier 'sugar' rush so you snort your entire 1 gram 40% 'sugar' pixie stick in an hour rather than buying the higher 'sugar' content stuff available.

Other than that there would be tobacco which has monoamine oxidase inhibiting (naturally occurring) chemicals in it which make the nicotine feel stronger and last longer as your body can't break it down as quickly however if you are using a vape you probably aren't interested in smoking and taking pharmaceutical MAOIs without a prescription can be REALLY dangerous. Even people prescribed MAOIs that have been admitted to hospital while unconscious and treated without the physician knowing they were prescribed them have either suffered severe injury or death.

TL;DR
If you're looking for a nicotine rush increase the amount of nicotine you get into your body, either by vaping faster or using stronger liquid (juice).

VU Sponsors