Become a Patron!

Help getting best flavor without the harshness.

key93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a liquid with 6 mg nic but since I live a ways from a store and haven't been able to purchase more of that type of liquid I have been using a cheap liquid we can buy from the gas stations. I was wondering if I change the watts or volts on my pc if it would help it not be too harsh. My pv is an itaste vv. Any advice would help.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The gas station juices no doubt have been sitting there a long time and are usually a mix higher in PG , which for me makes for a harsher vape, the only thing to do when vaping that stuff is at low wattage, mouth to lung to avoid harshness, (IMO)

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That may come from their use of flavorings that are irritating, or just too much flavoring. Each of us is different in what is irritating, but if you order up some 6mg unflavored liquid, you can cut the harsher stuff down a bit and it may make it more vapeable. Good luck solving this!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
is the gas station juice 6mg? if not that may be the issue. Nicotine adds throat hit and what some may call harsheness to the vape

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Along with most likely being old like whiskey said, those gas station juices are usually sitting in direct sunlight which oxidizes the nicotine making it harsh.
No way to change that other than throwing the bottle away and vaping different juice... that will fix it ;)

key93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's like 12 mg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
then your harshness is most likely a combination of too much nic compared to what you are used to, it being cheap juice, which probably has more pg then you are used to. All those things add up to HARSH. Get some fresh juice. Lowering the voltage or watts will only do so much to help, but it can help a little while you wait to get juice.

always keep a stock of juice handy. or make your own - its really not hard at all - even I can do it

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That will also make a difference, double the nic you're used to and oxidized nic on top of that.

Any smoke shops near you? Most of those have vape gear now. The ones around me do anyway.

All of the ones by me also leave juice out on a rack catching sun for part of the day too but at keaet you can find some 6mg juice.

key93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I live about 45 min away any smoke shops so I have to make do with what I have until I can get more this weekend. I was mainly wondering which way to change my settings so it won't be as harsh until I can get new juice this weekend

key93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The watts are at 8.5 and volts are at 3.7

key93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the juice I'm using is vapin plus and/or haus.

key93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure if the store sella those brands to try that I will be going to

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I
The gas station juices no doubt have been sitting there a long time and are usually a mix higher in PG , which for me makes for a harsher vape, the only thing to do when vaping that stuff is at low wattage, mouth to lung to avoid harshness, (IMO)
Whiskey, is PG harsher to vape? I genuinely did not know this, and use a 70 PG/30PG mix, that seemed to be quite common so thats why I used it, I think it is the thickest that will work in most tanks? Also where I don't use nicotine i was using PG to carry the flavour, but I did try adding just 1MG of nic to my juice and the flavour really did increase. I made 10 Mls of cappucino, it really opened the flavour and made it tenfold.

Due to there being more and more data that nicotine alone is not addictive, it is only with other chemicals involved, and seeing as I get it even in certain foods, I may start using a 0.5-1MG amount to create the flavour. With no nic, its nice, but I put nic in and it was a whole different level. I also understand nicotine to not be a cancer causing chemical,so am not worried there. I guess this would be my only vice, a 1MG max Nic juice.

People will think that is crazy, but honestly nicotine withdrawal was a doddle to me, I've done it twice, once with a vape, another time with nothing.

I have given up a severe alcohol addiction that left me brain damaged, ******, benzodiazapenes so the nic if I wanted to stop it is like a walk in the park. And at 1MG I do not even think I would get addicted, just a far better flavour, I now understand what 'throat hit' is. Before I did not get that.

I had to let my fiancee use my lemo V2 for the next 48 hours, 6MG in that made her choke and cough, I tried it thinking it was just the wattage she was not used too, but no, it was VERY harsh. We made up a 3MG juice, she is using that in the lemo successfully. That is another reason I want to get her (and me) the subtank, so she can use a lower level nic.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know for me, Conan,If PG goes any where above my 70/30 blend I can't even vape it, I cough like crazy because I am sensitive to it, I keep that ratio because I like to taste my flavorings as much as possible. It's possible your gal is sensitive to it like I am.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take a bit sometimes said, with a grain of salt, Matt, with brain injuries , sometimes thought patterns can get jumbled at times, easy does it:)

VU Sponsors