Become a Patron!

Help choosing a good rsa.

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Just wondering your opinions on which rsa to buy. I'm currently interested in the Recurve rda but have the $ to buy the B2k trvpmatik edition. my question is should I buy the B2k or the recurve with other rdas, since I'll have $ left over? I'd like a lower profile rsa like the b2k that accepts 810 drip tips so I can use mine. The Recurve looks a little tall. Decided on the Recurve over the other single rda/sa s like the dead rabbit or nudge. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! PS: I dont care if its a clone. Thanks !!!!!
EDIT: More info, will be using with a Wismec Luxotic, I'm currently loving it so would like something on the smaller side that takes 810 tips since I have luxotic bottles and tips with matching colors.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering your opinions on which rsa to buy. I'm currently interested in the Recurve rda but have the $ to buy the B2k trvpmatik edition. my question is should I buy the B2k or the recurve with other rdas, since I'll have $ left over? I'd like a lower profile rsa like the b2k that accepts 810 drip tips so I can use mine. The Recurve looks a little tall. Decided on the Recurve over the other single rda/sa s like the dead rabbit or nudge. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! PS: I dont care if its a clone. Thanks !!!!!
EDIT: More info, will be using with a Wismec Luxotic, I'm currently loving it so would like something on the smaller side that takes 810 tips since I have luxotic bottles and tips with matching colors.
Of the two, I'd get the B2k. The recurve seems ok but that branding is ridiculous.

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Yea the logo is horrible...unless I get in silver......Still deciding. Thanks!! Will probably get both eventually $ permitting....

Edit: Bought the Recurve....couldn't resist even though it was a bit tall for my taste. on the plus side I bought more goodies with it.....

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea the logo is horrible...unless I get in silver......Still deciding. Thanks!! Will probably get both eventually $ permitting....

Edit: Bought the Recurve....couldn't resist even though it was a bit tall for my taste. on the plus side I bought more goodies with it.....

I don’t have either but the recurves airflow looks solid af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I’m tempted to buy the recurve as well ...I didn’t think much of the icon, skipped the iconic altogether. I’m a little surprised though he didn’t extend the name out further to keep the theme consistant ...I dunno where it could go though? Hmm maybe.....iconathinkwhatelsetocallit :D

Though it’s funny he’s jumped over to Wotofo now taken the kylin mini and looks to have sorted some of its issues ...if he’s had a falling out with VV thats a big old middle finger haha

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Thanks everybody for the input. Bought the recurve with extra matching tips, bottles, and doors for the Luxotic with the extra money left over. Not disappointed! The logo isnt too big/bad in person.
8c15f67ba4a3fe65064b076e9e8d89c9.jpg

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everybody for the input. Bought the recurve with extra matching tips, bottles, and doors for the Luxotic with the extra money left over. Not disappointed! The logo isnt too big/bad in person.
8c15f67ba4a3fe65064b076e9e8d89c9.jpg

How would you rate it? I’ve had bad luck with Reviewers’ RDAs, so I’ve been sticking with clones and my Wasp nest (have 3 of them now).

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How would you rate it? I’ve had bad luck with Reviewers’ RDAs, so I’ve been sticking with clones and my Wasp nest (have 3 of them now).

I’ve been having an amazing time with my dead rabbits (by heathen) and also the Phobia (Álex Vapers MD). I’m actually thinking about picking up the Bonza... I know it’s a bit old but it just looks like a great vape with a nice standard post setup. All of the RDAs I use are postless so I figure I’d grab a RDA with posts lol

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the recurve is getting great reviews, even from the reviewers outside of the mike vapes clique. I just ordered 2 of the recurves myself, my first gear order this year I think.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
the recurve is getting great reviews, even from the reviewers outside of the mike vapes clique. I just ordered 2 of the recurves myself, my first gear order this year I think.

I’ve learned to trust your advice, so please do let us know how it vapes once you get them. Still loving my RSQs by the way.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'd like to know how well the recurve Vapes.

I like postless decks to some degree, I just don't like the fact that most of them require very specific leg length to work proper, AF & flavor permitting.

The DR is much better than the pulse 24, even tho the leg length tends to be a tad longer.

I hate the look the Recurve. I always pick silver attys so that helps a little... Too much branding, weird shape, weird postless single coil configuration. I hope you like it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to know how well the recurve Vapes.

I like postless decks to some degree, I just don't like the fact that most of them require very specific leg length to work proper, AF & flavor permitting.

The DR is much better than the pulse 24, even tho the leg length tends to be a tad longer.

I hate the look the Recurve. I always pick silver attys so that helps a little... Too much branding, weird shape, weird postless single coil configuration. I hope you like it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I agree with you on the DR 24 vs Pulse 24. I like the DR 24 better than DR SQ also, with both having the same single coil builds (only way I vape now).

I too am not a huge fan of the branding which is why I ordered the SS version. I kinda like the shape though since it is something different and think it might like decent on my RSQ's. I think the airflow holes being so close to the coil should make this a winner, but we shall see. I ordered from myvpro which is only a few cities away and it already shipped so I might get lucky and have it on Friday or Saturday (my RF SC order shipped from the same city recently and I had it the next day).

notagoodnameleft

Member For 4 Years
Dead Rabbit on duals - have not tried the single (sq) - but in general - flood it to the top of the coils - then hit it several times, repeat. Great flavor, easy, CLEAN. Been through way too many and I over-squonk (avoidance of dry hit above all else). The "wabbit" is kinda like an apple product... You buy it and it simply works, period. I'll have the sq in a week or so and let you know.

I'm not as well versed as most - but I will say the flood and go for the rabbit (ability to flood the entire chamber over the coils and it NOT leak) IS the game changer for me. As for flavor - like it better than anything on a bottom feeder. Drop 'might' be a bit better in dripping format - but not even close on a Squonkers - as the flooding is literally better than painting the coils. YMMV.
B.good

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years

I love it. Not good with rating things but the flavor is great. Better than the Wasp imo, I think it has to do with the very smooth airflow. It actually has very good vapor production. Surprising for a single coil. I'm using the aliens that came with them at .24 ohms (nichrome) on Luxotic bf. The logo isnt bad at all, looks worse in pictures, drip tips are nice and feel comfortable. I thought it was a bit tall for my liking , I'm used to the tobhino, wasp nano, etc..., but its a nice size and I got used to it extremely quick.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn’t seem to get much love, but I really like my pulse 24. I use the 510 drip tip adapter with a plastic derringer drip tip from fasttech. Simple 22g kanthal dual’s and I get derringer quality flavor with a bit more air flow. It kinda sucks with the 810 drip tip in my opinion.

VU Sponsors